Sign in to follow this  

Can F1 2015 be close to Project Cars

I'll be buying both games. I'm just glad that P1 - P2 are back and I can do a full race weekend. It was all I ever wanted this last 3 years.
its back in pro mode only :@

Pro mode would be the only way I would play in any case. Like I said in a previous post, it looks like cm have pro mode especially for me and I thank them for that!

@ckevinc1 , knowing that Dirt Rally has early support for oculus rift must be a good sign for F1 2015 ?
the only way I buy this is if it is supported for VR .
Here's hoping. I have asked the question on here and Facebook but as usual cm can't be bothered to answer. 

I  really don't get you people, there is no way PC can match the complete F1 experience, and you are all huge F1 fans, right?! I'm pretty certain F1 2015 cannot match the realism/sim style and in depth of  PC, simply because they did not have 4 years to work on one game. But that does not matter to me. I can say what I want, in the end I'm going to buy F1 2015 anyway because I love F1 that much, I just hope that CM recovered from the pile of  **** they made last year and that the game mechanics are actually a bit better now. With the new engine and new possibilities the new consoles bring, I am pretty confident that I will have a blast with F1 2015 again, and I will buy Project Cars as well, just because I love racing and if I want a break from sweating my ass of trying to get a few extra tenths out of each lap on F1 2015, I can then do some karting or drive around in a non-F1 car.

Long story short: It's comparing apples to oranges and they are only vaguely in the same ballpark for people who just enjoy general racing and don't want to specifically drive any car (F1 nor what PC has to offer)
I love F1 very much but that doesn't mean I'm gonna buy every F1 game blind. The biggest reason I'm not buying F1 2015 is because I like F1 and I want Codemasters to build the F1 game I like. Not buying the game sends a message to codemasters they have to up their game. Buying the game makes Codemasters think they can do what ever they want and we will still pay.

pCARS has F1 cars and it has some of the F1 racing tracks. It even has retro F1 cars. So there is enough of F1 going on in pCARS. Yes I won't be able to race in a Mercedes F1 car and my team mate won't be Hamilton but this can be a good thing because we do this every year. Every year the same teams and almost the same drivers, almost the same tracks.

pCARS will be a fresh F1 experience, one I haven't played ever. It will be all new. And just like in F1 we will be sweating our asses of to get some tenths of our laps. Actually pCARS will give a better F1 experience than F1 2015 because pCARS gives you the full career of an F1 pilot. You can start with karting like all the world champions did and mover up the ranks to your final goal: F1. That's the advantage that pCARS has. They don't have to play by the rules of an F1 license. 

Will there be things I will hate about pCARS? Probably! I will hate the fact that it is not mandatory to use both compounds. But the pro's of pCARS do outweigh the cons.  Much more bang for your buck.

If you want to drive an F1 car pCARS has you covered. So it's not comparing oranges to apples. It's comparing limes to oranges. They taste different, look different but they are both part of the same family.

I'm gonna start my career in Project Cars starting with karting, then work my way up to Formula B. After that, I get an offer to drive for Mercedes and will replace Rosberg, swap discs and play F1 2015.

I'm gonna start my career in Project Cars starting with karting, then work my way up to Formula B. After that, I get an offer to drive for Mercedes and will replace Rosberg, swap discs and play F1 2015.
Won't work. You can't replace Rosberg in F1 2015. 

lol he meant once he has got to formula a on project cars he will play f1 2015 and be rosberg, which can be done if you understand what he means

I  really don't get you people, there is no way PC can match the complete F1 experience, and you are all huge F1 fans, right?! I'm pretty certain F1 2015 cannot match the realism/sim style and in depth of  PC, simply because they did not have 4 years to work on one game. But that does not matter to me. I can say what I want, in the end I'm going to buy F1 2015 anyway because I love F1 that much, I just hope that CM recovered from the pile of  **** they made last year and that the game mechanics are actually a bit better now. With the new engine and new possibilities the new consoles bring, I am pretty confident that I will have a blast with F1 2015 again, and I will buy Project Cars as well, just because I love racing and if I want a break from sweating my ass of trying to get a few extra tenths out of each lap on F1 2015, I can then do some karting or drive around in a non-F1 car.

Long story short: It's comparing apples to oranges and they are only vaguely in the same ballpark for people who just enjoy general racing and don't want to specifically drive any car (F1 nor what PC has to offer)
I love F1 very much but that doesn't mean I'm gonna buy every F1 game blind. The biggest reason I'm not buying F1 2015 is because I like F1 and I want Codemasters to build the F1 game I like. Not buying the game sends a message to codemasters they have to up their game. Buying the game makes Codemasters think they can do what ever they want and we will still pay.

pCARS has F1 cars and it has some of the F1 racing tracks. It even has retro F1 cars. So there is enough of F1 going on in pCARS. Yes I won't be able to race in a Mercedes F1 car and my team mate won't be Hamilton but this can be a good thing because we do this every year. Every year the same teams and almost the same drivers, almost the same tracks.

pCARS will be a fresh F1 experience, one I haven't played ever. It will be all new. And just like in F1 we will be sweating our asses of to get some tenths of our laps. Actually pCARS will give a better F1 experience than F1 2015 because pCARS gives you the full career of an F1 pilot. You can start with karting like all the world champions did and mover up the ranks to your final goal: F1. That's the advantage that pCARS has. They don't have to play by the rules of an F1 license. 

Will there be things I will hate about pCARS? Probably! I will hate the fact that it is not mandatory to use both compounds. But the pro's of pCARS do outweigh the cons.  Much more bang for your buck.

If you want to drive an F1 car pCARS has you covered. So it's not comparing oranges to apples. It's comparing limes to oranges. They taste different, look different but they are both part of the same family.
Thing is I'm not even going to play the single player on F1 2015, since I am a fierce competitor in leagues so I honestly don't care what single player has to offer. So no, I do not thing P cars will give me a better F1 experience in terms of competing in a season on all the tracks with the most talented drivers out there. I will use PCars to enjoy driving around other cars in offline mode though!

But at least pcars is going to give league racers and organisers way more options to use for online than any of the f1 titles have.
Yes I know codies haven't given any info on online yet, but my guess is it certainly won't be as in depth as pcars. 

Slane said:
But at least pcars is going to give league racers and organisers way more options to use for online than any of the f1 titles have.
Yes I know codies haven't given any info on online yet, but my guess is it certainly won't be as in depth as pcars. 
Yeah I think PCars in general has moer options in both single and multi player that's what's pretty much being said here

Having played pCARS since yesterday I think Codemasters are shitting their pants! The F1 experience in pCARS is amazing! I don't see any reason anymore to buy F1 2015. pCARS has it all and much more. I hope CM will take F1 2016 serious because SMS is really triumphing

What I really like about Project Cars is that I started my career in Formula Rookie and really can work my way up in motorsport, in cars that handle realistically and a game that has a career mode.

Indeed. This is live the life! I'm started like all F1 champions in karting. Finally a game where you can really live the life of an F1 driver. 

I here you need a wheel for PCars to really work.  If thats the case, what cheap wheel should you get for PS4?

JJRosso said:
I here you need a wheel for PCars to really work.  If thats the case, what cheap wheel should you get for PS4?
And for XB1 ?

Yes I must admit. Live The Life is back with a BANG!.. Project Cars has it all in terms of career. But with regards to handling, it looks like SMS have nailed it compared to CM efforts these past 5 years. Project Cars is quite simply a beautiful outstanding game and has completely overshadowed Codemasters.

YJJRosso said:
You don't need a wheel. Controller works just fine but you need to adjust the settings. The standard settings for controllers are not ideal

JJRosso said:
That's rubbish. Don't believe what you have heard mate. You can configure a controller to your exact liking and many youtube vids show very good car control in the right hands. I use a T300 RS wheel and it is brilliant in terms of depth and immersion but boy, those force feedback options are a complete minefield at the moment! I'm getting there but WOW to the options in P Cars!!!.

Also: don't think you will be good enough for the PRO settings from the start. A lot of my friends complained about the handling but they made the mistake of choosing PRO as their difficulty setting. After tweaking down the difficulty by enabling more assists they now all are very satisfied with the handling. If you turn on all the assists even a toddler can drive cars in pCARS

YJJRosso said:
You don't need a wheel. Controller works just fine but you need to adjust the settings. The standard settings for controllers are not ideal
What settings do you suggest? 

JJRosso said:
YJJRosso said:
What settings do you suggest? 
I suggest just running a few practice laps/races in solo mode and just keep tweaking and changing the setting till you find one that suits you really as that's what I'll be doing in a few minutes as I got my copy today as well. Haven't got started or installed it yet though. I did see a vid on the Team VVV channel where Alan I think his name is talks a little about P Cars control systems you might want to give that a look

I picked up Project Cars for the PC yesterday and WOW!  Nothing out there even comes close!  Asetto Corso's graphics, despite all the hype, are terrible!  Looks like they used totally different contrast and shade values for their cars that are different from the track environments.  Totally screws up its immersive value.

F1 will again look great I'm sure, and I will buy it.  But only because it provides all the new cars, drivers, and tracks for the entire season.

As for rFactor2...it's already losing me.  It feels, looks, and plays like a game despite all it "sim" values.  Half the time it's cars look as if their rear ends aren't even on the road!

Project Cars has taken longer to get out than any other game/sim has.  But it is definetly worth the wait!

FFOman said:

I picked up Project Cars for the PC yesterday and WOW!  Nothing out there even comes close!  Asetto Corso's graphics, despite all the hype, are terrible!  Looks like they used totally different contrast and shade values for their cars that are different from the track environments.  Totally screws up its immersive value.

F1 will again look great I'm sure, and I will buy it.  But only because it provides all the new cars, drivers, and tracks for the entire season.

As for rFactor2...it's already losing me.  It feels, looks, and plays like a game despite all it "sim" values.  Half the time it's cars look as if their rear ends aren't even on the road!

Project Cars has taken longer to get out than any other game/sim has.  But it is definetly worth the wait!

Have to agree with that haven't got around to doing any races yet but I've just been doing some practice laps round Monza on it and found it great fun. F1 2015 has a lot to live up to if it's going to compete with PCars this year as P Cars has set the bar pretty high.

You want to see project cars through the oculus rift its Absolutely fantastic.  it's a dream come true, this game has to be the best racing simulator ever made.