Sign in to follow this  

Can F1 2015 be close to Project Cars

Wow, CM better step it up. Just played pCars and it is absolutely amazing. Started in Formula Gulf and working my way up to F1/FA. So much depth in the game - setups, session options, handling - the game is lovely. And the AI (although a bit too aggressive sometimes) is really great and fun to race with. 

If CM don't deliver as usual I can definitely see myself skipping F1 2015 now that I have a real alternative for single-seater racing game on my console. 

I agree Pcars is amazing and can't see me forking out for F1 while I have this.

However Pcars not bug free and that brake sound bug when using a headset is annoying. Not letting that put me off and be interesting to see how long slightly mad take to fix it. 

iBack to the OP:

n short... can F1 2015 be like project Cars?... No.

Having spent most of the day on PC . I have to agree, the depth on this game is incredible,even though the controller settings take some time to adjust. Its been a great experience, The manaul starts,pitstop options,Diff and brake bias adjustments. sectors screen,A.I ,Handling and general gameplay is fantastic. If CM get near this level of depth i would be impressed but they have big boots to fill. Really big. 

Just bought a PS4 and got PCars. So far so good. Very nice to drive with the dualshock controller.  I like all the options you get to make the game suit your needs. AI difficulty slider = awesome. Custom view angles = awesome too

I hadn't really paid much attention to PCars, but after you lot were banging on about it, I've done a bit of research.

WOW. Do whatever you want in whichever race car you want whenever you want. Customise whatever, create your own race weekends, I can put practice sessions in (CM will hate me!). Read the reviews, not a bad review out there, they love it. It's brilliant.

Wow, that is the way to make a game. They asked the community what they wanted, listened, then gave it them. After the Spanish GP qualifying, I am popping to Tescos to buy it.

That CM, is how to make and market a game.

Yep. I turn on mechanical failures and full damage. Makes it interesting with realistic fuel and tyre deg. Its been out a few days and the online lobbys are packed

Gav25182 said:

I hadn't really paid much attention to PCars, but after you lot were banging on about it, I've done a bit of research.

WOW. Do whatever you want in whichever race car you want whenever you want. Customise whatever, create your own race weekends, I can put practice sessions in (CM will hate me!). Read the reviews, not a bad review out there, they love it. It's brilliant.

Wow, that is the way to make a game. They asked the community what they wanted, listened, then gave it them. After the Spanish GP qualifying, I am popping to Tescos to buy it.

And some guys have the audacity to say that the CM forum is pointless and useless. Nonsense! If it wasn't for this forum you wouldn't have considered pCars! :smiley: 

VDV23 said:
Gav25182 said:

And some guys have the audacity to say that the CM forum is pointless and useless. Nonsense! If it wasn't for this forum you wouldn't have considered pCars! :smiley: 

So So true. Thanks you CM forum!

CM have marketed someone elses game better than their own! :D

This is true, and I was going to wait for F12015, but saw P Cars in sainsburys this morning. Now I'm struggling to watch qualifying because all I want to do is play P Cars

Gav25182 said:

You won't regret it I can assure you.

YJJRosso said:
I here you need a wheel for PCars to really work.  If thats the case, what cheap wheel should you get for PS4?
You don't need a wheel. Controller works just fine but you need to adjust the settings. The standard settings for controllers are not ideal
Of course you need a wheel for a racing game like Project Cars, man. Look, a controller is perfect for games like those from Codemasters as they are arcade. But simulation is something different, get a proper steering wheel for it. :wink: 

This game is so awesome. Just did 53 laps Monza race.
Despite being much harder than CM's F1 games I can do much more consistent laps. I guess it's because you can feel what the car is doing and there's actually a realistic handling model behind it.
AI on lap 1 is awful (aggressiv) but after that it's fantastic. I raced behind the leader by 0,9 seconds lap after lap and couldn't get closer. That's like in the old fantastic days when there was no DRS bullshit.

I love it. :)

Tourgott said:
Despite being much harder than CM's F1 games I can do much more consistent laps. I guess it's because you can feel what the car is doing and there's actually a realistic handling model behind it.
AI on lap 1 is awful (aggressiv) but after that it's fantastic. I raced behind the leader by 0,9 seconds lap after lap and couldn't get closer. That's like in the old fantastic days when there was no DRS bullshit.

There is DRS (and KERS) on pCars :smiley: 

Anyway, it's fantastic fantastic game. I'm playing with a controller (as I can't afford a wheel) and after some adjusting now I'm finding consistency. I won Formula Gulf and moved to Formula C and the jump was just...wow. First race @ Snetterton, couldn't complete a lap in my first 10 attempts haha. Then I started doing 1.52s initially which then dropped to 1.50s. Put the time in and now I'm doing 1.48s  

Tourgott said:

Careful, drs likers who don't care about actual racing are bound to attack :P

Codemasters better release something before this place turns into the Project Cars general discussion ;) 

VDV23 said:
Tourgott said:

There is DRS (and KERS) on pCars

I know but since the player and the AI can use it everywhere it  annuls each other :)

YJJRosso said:
I here you need a wheel for PCars to really work.  If thats the case, what cheap wheel should you get for PS4?
You don't need a wheel. Controller works just fine but you need to adjust the settings. The standard settings for controllers are not ideal
Of course you need a wheel for a racing game like Project Cars, man. Look, a controller is perfect for games like those from Codemasters as they are arcade. But simulation is something different, get a proper steering wheel for it. :wink: 
You really don't need a wheel for pCARS. They have been saying for years you need a wheel for CM F1 series as well and now suddenly it's so arcade that you don't need a wheel anymore? 
pCARS is SIM but you can tweak it to arcade as well. Like I said before, if you play pCARS with a controller you will need to adjust the settings because the standard settings are not ideal for controllers. 

Codemasters better release something before this place turns into the Project Cars general discussion ;) 

think it already has

YJJRosso said:
You really don't need a wheel for pCARS. They have been saying for years you need a wheel for CM F1 series as well and now suddenly it's so arcade that you don't need a wheel anymore? 
pCARS is SIM but you can tweak it to arcade as well. Like I said before, if you play pCARS with a controller you will need to adjust the settings because the standard settings are not ideal for controllers. 

Exactly that's why I chose to get it. I can't race with a wheel mainly because of my disability but with the assists and things you don't really need to in this game. Obviously it has a pure sim style type of feel and racing style to it but it's mainly there for those that want it. But if you don't then it's got the option of turning those things off. I'm playing the game on a keyboard and handling it just fine. I've already won 2 championships in my career and an Invitational event just now as well. so it can be done

Project C.A.R.S Is Simply Amazing, Yes The A.I Might be a little aggressive at least they try and overtake and they do hold their line even making overtakes on the OUTSIDE!. Also When First Starting Out Career you race at the lower tier circuits like Oulten Park, Snetterton And Brands Hatch, And Racing in the lower formula's with little power and little grip to the Formula A Division With Ridiculous Downforce And Even More Ridiculous Power! The fact that on Career mode I can start in a Formula Rookie/ Ford And Go To Formula Gulf, Formula C (GP3), Formula B (GP2), And Then Formula A (F1), Is Amazing And Some Great Tracks Are Included And It All Has That Race Feel!, Taking Eou Rouge Flat In a Formula A On Project C.A.R.S Is Pretty Nervy And Puts A Little Sense Of Fear Which I Never Had In Any F1 Game!. Adjustable FOV, The Ability to remove the in game wheel for us real world wheel users and many more assists/ settings is great. So No I don't think F1 2015 Will Be Better Than Project C.A.R.S, I Think Project C.A.R.S Has Just Set The Next Level On Racing!. And To Note I Play On PS4, Project C.A.R.S On PC Must Be Unbelievable! Anthony

Yes I have to say this but Project Cars is the only racer your gonna need for a long time. The wealth of options on offer are truly outstanding and cater for every type of player. Codemasters has been handed the biggest slap in the face right now. The racing is perfect and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Pro handling with all assists off, 100% AI and helmet cam is better than sex! Oh baby!

finding the game awesome so far. Won 2 races in Formula Gulf out of 4 but the AI kept close through out (80%) so might bulk it up for the higher formulas to 90%. The slider is a great idea and should be inthe F1 games. 

Are all the cars the same performances? Like in F1 manor is much slower than all the teams. Does this happen in Formula A or are all cars equal performance?

I was really looking forward to playing f1 on my ps4 when I bought it, then codies said there was no f1 coming to ps4 in 2014 and I was gutted. I aint played project cars yet but I have it pre ordered and will get it as soon as im home, if its as good as the people on here say im boycotting the f1 game, don't see the need to pay just to have the official FIA nonsense, especially when they cant be arsed to show us what the game is like a month before it supposedly goes on sale