Sign in to follow this  

Can F1 2015 be close to Project Cars

finding the game awesome so far. Won 2 races in Formula Gulf out of 4 but the AI kept close through out (80%) so might bulk it up for the higher formulas to 90%. The slider is a great idea and should be inthe F1 games. 

Are all the cars the same performances? Like in F1 manor is much slower than all the teams. Does this happen in Formula A or are all cars equal performance?
They have different pace. I already got back markers after 18 laps on 90%.

Edit - I guess you have to set them to "same class" instead "identical". Not sure about that.

Hi,
With PC Project Cars will there be mods to make the cars look similar to real F1 cars? 

gadjet said:
Hi,
With PC Project Cars will there be mods to make the cars look similar to real F1 cars? 
Are you talking about liveries? Yes.

The concept of PCars is brilliant and most of the ideas (mostly all the available options and being able to set races exactly how you want) and idea of the career mode is an excellent. The handling is good and damage is great. Problem is; the AI is absolutely abysmal which ruins pretty much every race for single player. They're either too slow (even on 100% difficulty), too cautious around the player or too blind, they run off the track needlessly and personally I think that ruins the game as a whole and completely undermines all the brilliant ideas and concepts the game offers. I will always maintain that in a racing game, the AI must be a primary focus. Get that wrong and it doesn't matter how brilliant the rest of the game is. With that in mind, if F1 2015 nails the AI, then yes, it'll come close and pass PCars. If they don't nail the AI, then no it won't. For me personally, I could do without all the stuff in PCars if it meant a game where I can race the AI wheel to wheel and not have a five second gap after the first lap. 

Hopefully the AI is a focus for patches in PCars though as it's ruining an otherwise great game which is a shame as the potential is definitely there.

The concept of PCars is brilliant and most of the ideas (mostly all the available options and being able to set races exactly how you want) and idea of the career mode is an excellent. The handling is good and damage is great. Problem is; the AI is absolutely abysmal which ruins pretty much every race for single player. They're either too slow (even on 100% difficulty), too cautious around the player or too blind, they run off the track needlessly and personally I think that ruins the game as a whole and completely undermines all the brilliant ideas and concepts the game offers. I will always maintain that in a racing game, the AI must be a primary focus. Get that wrong and it doesn't matter how brilliant the rest of the game is. With that in mind, if F1 2015 nails the AI, then yes, it'll come close and pass PCars. If they don't nail the AI, then no it won't. For me personally, I could do without all the stuff in PCars if it meant a game where I can race the AI wheel to wheel and not have a five second gap after the first lap. 

Hopefully the AI is a focus for patches in PCars though as it's ruining an otherwise great game which is a shame as the potential is definitely there.
I would imagine it will be as things are going to be continuously worked on as I think that's constantly been said by the people that worked on it up until now. I think the main focus recently was just get the game out so people can finally play it given the number of delays it's faced. After all one of the good things about it being a new gen game is that the game can be patched quickly and quietly behind the scenes and get everything updated with minimal fuss not something that can be easily done with the old PS3/360 gen. So hope4fully things like this can be rectified swoon.

I disagree and its only my personal opinion, multiplayer is the most important part of any game nowadays, campaigns on battlefield, gta etc suck yet the multiplayer part is awesome, same with racing games for me, rather race another human on a multiplayer than race against ai

and if I was to race against ai it would be in a career mode but they have made the choice to scrap it so I don't think I would even play against ai unless someone put ai in a multiplayer lobby.

mmpaw37 said:

@Codemasters, @LiteralZero, @justbiglee, @Britpoint : I think you can safely say you'll have no troubles with F1 2015..., at least from my point of view! ;)

except having the lowest sales from any f1 game ever? lulz

The AI from what I've raced with in Formula Gulf aren't the best but I think this has something to do with the way I try to overtake. As in the F1 games its been fairly easy to outbrake the AI where here its not and I'm having to really time the overtake, get it wrong and the smallest of touches can wreck your race. A lesson Im quickly learning but its great.

The set up is quite complex and in a 30 minutes practise session in my current formula theres not much time to mess with the cambers, tyre pressures and different wing settings and test it properly, but if I get to Formula A it will be nice to have the practise time (I believe they have 2 out of the 3 practise sessions still better than Codies 1 session in championship mode) to set up my car and see how long the tyres last on long runs since theres no tyre wear indicator. 

I get atleast a more realistic F1 experience with the option of other racing series too. THeres more in this game just on Formula A alone than what seems to be in the codies game that can't even give us a full race weekend in one formula.

Hopefully the little issues will be patched and it seems they will :)

The AI from what I've raced with in Formula Gulf aren't the best but I think this has something to do with the way I try to overtake. As in the F1 games its been fairly easy to outbrake the AI where here its not and I'm having to really time the overtake, get it wrong and the smallest of touches can wreck your race. A lesson Im quickly learning but its great.
Dive-bomb into PCars AI like in the crap Codemasters games and your race is over. You actually have to race the AI like in real life, waiting for a mistake or slipstream them. That's what I love about PCars Formula A.

Tourgott said:
Dive-bomb into PCars AI like in the crap Codemasters games and your race is over. You actually have to race the AI like in real life, waiting for a mistake or slipstream them. That's what I love about PCars Formula A.
yeah you hasve to in most of the disciplines although I do race with damage off and all that it still feels good

Tourgott said:

Yeah Ive had quite a few race damaging incidents but just had the best race, starting from pole but made a mistake and ended up in 7th after the first lap and had an awesome battle defending from 8th place and trying to over take 6th. Ended up taking 6th coudln't take 5th just coudln't get fully along side him, in the CM games I would have made the pass easily but had to pull out and tuck behind not wanting to risk my 6th place.

I've had some fantastic racing against the AI in project cars. They are the best AI I've seen in a long while. The problem I'm seeing at the moment in online racing are the people that are using Xbox controllers they are all over the place and ruining quite a few races because thay can't control the car. Needs to have something to separate the wheel from controllers.

I have said that for a long time, even with the f1 game there should be an option for either pad or wheel only. would stop a lot of the arguments over who has the advantage. and if people play wheel versus pad with friends and leagues etc don't complain when one has an advantage over the other.

Career mode: NO(as everyone know the reason to now...)
dynamic weather: Yes, because of all the bugs with it in pCars, the problem is that F1 games normally have the same bugs as its in pCars...
Handling: Yes, I think so. BUT, thats just because the FA car in pCars are not good... Formula C, B etc etc is great but not FA that just feels wrong...
AI: No I don't think so, but who knows?
Graphic: Maybe...Its hard to tell before get more gameplay or trailer from the new engine

So as a Formula 1 game, I think it can be better acctually. Because the F1 cars in pCars is not good, which is because of lisense I think that they can't make to similair to real F1 car or something like that... So as a complete game pCars is maybe worth the money more, but you can't compare F1 to pCars on other stuff that FA vs F1....

Project Cars Online on the Xbox One is awful as soon as you have more then 10 people in the lobby! Game chat is aslo very hit & miss so makes it difficault to know who your talking too.

Atleast online lobbies in f1 games tend to be more reliable! Especially for league races as its a nightmare currently on PCARS on the xbox one edition!

Hello 

I have been playing project cars on PC for almost 1 year now, the game has improved massively in all area... The AI are amazing, the physic are amazing, the visual are amazing... I also love my F1 2014 , and still play it everyday after work.. I am just hoping that F1 2015 is close to Project car level in regards to AI, force feedback , physic , in car feeling ........ 

My word you must have some low standards if you think the AI in pCars is amazing... on max difficulty its not a challenge, the AI are so dumb as well. The physics are simcade at best, some of the cars are better than others (GT3 and GT4 cars) but some are just appalling, the road cars are particularly dreadful. 

I hope F1 2015 is better in every regard but whilst i expect an improvement on previous versions i can't help but be skeptical about it. If pCars is the benchmark then the benchmark is very low.

If you want good physics then play rFactor 2, Asseto Corsa, Netkar Pro, iRacing or game stock car pro.

Don't ever expect great physics from a game where the primary userbase will using joypads.

Project CARS is graphically is amazing dont get me wrong, but the overall racing online for a sim seems to advanced from the casual player making it very hard to get a good race, F1 2015 in my eyes will beat it hands down on the  wheel 2 wheel racing side but graphics we will have to see

wutalot said:
Hello 

I have been playing project cars on PC for almost 1 year now, the game has improved massively in all area... The AI are amazing, the physic are amazing, the visual are amazing... I also love my F1 2014 , and still play it everyday after work.. I am just hoping that F1 2015 is close to Project car level in regards to AI, force feedback , physic , in car feeling ........ 

My word you must have some low standards if you think the AI in pCars is amazing... on max difficulty its not a challenge, the AI are so dumb as well. The physics are simcade at best, some of the cars are better than others (GT3 and GT4 cars) but some are just appalling, the road cars are particularly dreadful. 

I hope F1 2015 is better in every regard but whilst i expect an improvement on previous versions i can't help but be skeptical about it. If pCars is the benchmark then the benchmark is very low.

If you want good physics then play rFactor 2, Asseto Corsa, Netkar Pro, iRacing or game stock car pro.

Don't ever expect great physics from a game where the primary userbase will using joypads.
The cars I've driven in p cars are very faithful to the real life cars I have driven. The physics are very similar!!

Tourgott said:

Nope,in this the AI dive-bomb the player instead. Granted, I prefer the AI to be aggressive compared to passive but in PCars they're too far the other way. They're great in clear air and defending, but the minute you're side by side or slightly ahead that's it, you're invisible to them. In F1, sure they're too easy and as you say, you can dive-bomb them, but I never dive into the AI in F1, rather treat it as if my race would be over with contact and the AI aren't so bad and at least they know you're there.
A middle ground between the aggression of PCars and the more passive approach of F1 (with a slider option to adjust their aggression between the two perhaps) is needed I personally feel. 
If PCars fixes that issue where the AI think they can drive through you, then I'll probably agree that they're as good as is being said. But right now, they're not as good as they're being made out to be.

Tourgott said:

Nope,in this the AI dive-bomb the player instead. Granted, I prefer the AI to be aggressive compared to passive but in PCars they're too far the other way. They're great in clear air and defending, but the minute you're side by side or slightly ahead that's it, you're invisible to them. In F1, sure they're too easy and as you say, you can dive-bomb them, but I never dive into the AI in F1, rather treat it as if my race would be over with contact and the AI aren't so bad and at least they know you're there.
A middle ground between the aggression of PCars and the more passive approach of F1 (with a slider option to adjust their aggression between the two perhaps) is needed I personally feel. 
If PCars fixes that issue where the AI think they can drive through you, then I'll probably agree that they're as good as is being said. But right now, they're not as good as they're being made out to be.
If they dive-bomb into you, you're too bad for the game. If you're good enough they don't have a chance to drive into you, like in real life, they have the exact same braking point as the player, not 300 meters before the player like in CM's F1.

I have to admit but the ai in p cars for me are too slow at 100% difficulty. I'm far too quick for them to even get a whiff of being able to dive bomb me! I also have the game set with no (pu55y mode) assists and can trounce the ai in every session. I'm hoping in the future, sms will make adjustments so I can at least battle with the ai. 

Tourgott said:
Tourgott said:

If they dive-bomb into you, you're too bad for the game. If you're good enough they don't have a chance to drive into you, like in real life, they have the exact same braking point as the player, not 300 meters before the player like in CM's F1.
This has nothing to do with ability. I can outpace the AI  at 100% much like many others and don't run into the problem since they're not close enough most of the time. But since I don't like doing pole to victory every race I either set myself lower on the grid in free play or skip qualifying altogether. (Do much the same in F1) This is a problem with the AI's pathfinding when the player is ahead or side by side and that they refuse to change off their tramline in corners to accommodate their overtake attempt and instead just barge into the player. It's the same when you overtake them, you're on the inside line, side by side they just turn on their normal racing line as if you weren't there. I 've even lowered the difficulties down to 90/80 etc. to see if this is still a problem and it is. It's not so much of a problem in GT, Le Mans etc. but it's shocking in open wheelers. 
The fact that their forums have many complaints about the AI's pathfinding when they're around the player, that they're too slow and that they're not affected by weather, fuel load, tyre deg or temp speaks volumes that the AI are simply not that good yet. They need a heck of a lot of work. Don't get me wrong, they're fun to play against at times and hopefully they solve the issues out since the potential to be as good as you say is there going by some races of the races that can be had, but after the third or fourth smack which not even the most bloodthirsty online rammer would do, it gets a bit irritating.