Sign in to follow this  

Can F1 2015 be close to Project Cars

Hello 

I have been playing project cars on PC for almost 1 year now, the game has improved massively in all area... The AI are amazing, the physic are amazing, the visual are amazing... I also love my F1 2014 , and still play it everyday after work.. I am just hoping that F1 2015 is close to Project car level in regards to AI, force feedback , physic , in car feeling ........ 

Good luck CM , looking forward to F1 2015 with passion

All I can say is if it's anything like Project Cars, then it will blow us all away! Sadly I'm not optimistic that will be the case though. I'm not saying f1 will be bad because that's not fair as no one has seen or played it yet. 

For me without a career mode I fear it'll struggle to match P Cars especially as all the broadcast style and everything else that the game does have would have to find some way to fill that gap. I'm not saying it can't happen but I'm not optimistic for it. I think P cars will have F1 2015 for breakfast. For me right now P cars is looking like my game of the year atm

I doubt it will have the depth P Cars has. The only thing going for F1 2015 is the they have all the tracks and drivers unlike P Cars Formula A which is a fantasy season

I'm in big doubts if I will even buy F1 2015 even on discount. All depends on Project Cars. If Project Cars is as good as everyone is telling I will see no need to buy F1 2015. Ditching the career in F1 2015 made it easy to decide not to pre order F1 2015. The idea is to buy it with a huge discount in a few months.

None of what I heard so far about F1 2015 seems to trigger my enthusiasm Maybe that might change but I doubt it. Normally the sound of an F1 car alone is enough to trigger my enthusiasm 

I'm in big doubts if I will even buy F1 2015 even on discount. All depends on Project Cars. If Project Cars is as good as everyone is telling I will see no need to buy F1 2015. Ditching the career in F1 2015 made it easy to decide not to pre order F1 2015. The idea is to buy it with a huge discount in a few months.

None of what I heard so far about F1 2015 seems to trigger my enthusiasm Maybe that might change but I doubt it. Normally the sound of an F1 car alone is enough to trigger my enthusiasm 
Assuming I get it this will be the only way.

tbh I don't think f1 2015 can compete with project cars, with no career mode on 2015 sales will be poor and project cars will only get bigger and bigger.

mmpaw37 said:
tbh I don't think f1 2015 can compete with project cars, with no career mode on 2015 sales will be poor and project cars will only get bigger and bigger.

...Funny hey..., here I am on the Official Codemasters F1 forum and most of us are talking about ProjectCARS...Sad but true :(

Maybe if CM pull their fingers out of their bums and give us some vids or more info, then we'd be talking about their game more than Project Cars.

mmpaw37 said:

I think there will be many additions to project cars, but those touring cars look fabulous! - and with the addition of the tracks which are based here in the UK, I am certainly looking forward to that! ;)

...Funny hey..., here I am on the Official Codemasters F1 forum and most of us are talking about ProjectCARS...Sad but true :(

I am always one for being honest and quite frankly, I sincerely hope CM realise just what they are doing; with minimal information and further questions being asked and not answered, doesn't bode well for this developer...

Agreed looks like CM are on their last legs. Right now CM are struggling to get within DRS range of project cars much less getting to fight with it. I think it's fair to say P cars are leaving F1 2015 in the dust. I know I'm certainly looking forward to the racing experience P cars will  give me.

I didn't take much interest in Project Cars and was planning to buy F1 2015

...until I found out theres no career mode on F1 2015, I don't play online and I don't want to race as a "current" F1 driver.  

So now I am not buying F1 2015 and I will buy Project CARS, because it has a career mode (or something like one)

Sorry Codemasters but I only play career mode, hope you add it back in next years.

mmpaw37 said:
...coupled with the fact that PCARS releases bang on my 40th birthday!...VERY happy days! ;)

Same here only in my case it's my 37th

Seniku said:

...until I found out theres no career mode on F1 2015, I don't play online and I don't want to race as a "current" F1 driver.  

So now I am not buying F1 2015 and I will buy Project CARS, because it has a career mode (or something like one)

Sorry Codemasters but I only play career mode, hope you add it back in next years.

Agreed I generally do like CM's games but the removal of career mode is kind of the last straw for me especially after the clumsy AI on F1 2013 which I complained pretty heavily about as well. I recognise CM have limited resources  and can only do so much with them. However they have used them better than this in the past and should be continuing to do so. They're just not focusing their efforts in the right areas. I have to admit after  Grid Autosport I thought the CM I liked was back but since then it's been the same old story. The idea of making mistakes is to learn from them not keep repeating them. It's getting harder and harder to defend their actions at this point and I have to admit up until now I have supported them but there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough and I'm sorry to say I think I'm reaching that point

Seniku said:

Actually there is 3 career challenges, where you "the driver" on your own hand select which path you want to go and which car classes you want to race in...

Daugaard said:
Seniku said:

Actually there is 3 career challenges, where you "the driver" on your own hand select which path you want to go and which car classes you want to race in...

Yeah so in a sense it's kind of got 3 career modes either way though it's looking a far better package than what F1 2015 is.

What we all should know about Project Cars is that their is no mandatory tyre change, no safety car. But even with those loose ends I'm sure Project Cars is gonna kick F1 2015's ass.

And for as far as I heard they plan on bringing the safety car to Project Cars hope they will add the mandatory tyre compound change as well

Correct, but still pCARS offers a wide selection of options for the races (practice/qual/race) - CM should take a good look at how ingame features should be left for the player to choose... :)

What we all should know about Project Cars is that their is no mandatory tyre change, no safety car. But even with those loose ends I'm sure Project Cars is gonna kick F1 2015's ass.

And for as far as I heard they plan on bringing the safety car to Project Cars hope they will add the mandatory tyre compound change as well
well they're adding several bits and pieces to P cars over the next few years judging by the info I've seen including extra cars and more tracks as well I believe which will make it be even better. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't try adding a few classic tracks in there as well like say the old Hockenheim track that went through the forests as I believe it was in one of the previous builds so wouldn't be surprised to see things like that added in future as a possible optional track to race on as DLC or something.

I've had project cars more or less from the start when there wasn't a lot of graphics around the circuits, some didn't have any at all. But now you can't fault it, it's the first racing game I've played where the AI actually fight back not just drop back after being overtaken, and when you're playing it with the oculus rift which makes you feel like you're actually sitting in the car, but that's hard to explain its something you've got to experience for yourself. I wouldn't buy any game that doesn't support oculus. The feeling you get from it when your racing is unbelievable. Can't see codemasters supporting the oculus rift saying they are more interested in taking things out of the game so I will be sticking with project cars.

@ckevinc1 , knowing that Dirt Rally has early support for oculus rift must be a good sign for F1 2015 ?
the only way I buy this is if it is supported for VR .

I  really don't get you people, there is no way PC can match the complete F1 experience, and you are all huge F1 fans, right?! I'm pretty certain F1 2015 cannot match the realism/sim style and in depth of  PC, simply because they did not have 4 years to work on one game. But that does not matter to me. I can say what I want, in the end I'm going to buy F1 2015 anyway because I love F1 that much, I just hope that CM recovered from the pile of  **** they made last year and that the game mechanics are actually a bit better now. With the new engine and new possibilities the new consoles bring, I am pretty confident that I will have a blast with F1 2015 again, and I will buy Project Cars as well, just because I love racing and if I want a break from sweating my ass of trying to get a few extra tenths out of each lap on F1 2015, I can then do some karting or drive around in a non-F1 car.

Long story short: It's comparing apples to oranges and they are only vaguely in the same ballpark for people who just enjoy general racing and don't want to specifically drive any car (F1 nor what PC has to offer)

Bear in mind that SMS did not need 4 years to reach the realism/sim of "Formula A". They have so many different classes, that's why it took so long. If they would have focused on one class they could have get the game out in one/two year(s).

I'll be buying both games. I'm just glad that P1 - P2 are back and I can do a full race weekend. It was all I ever wanted this last 3 years.

I bought into team membership when PCars EA was launched.  Tried a recent build and decided it still felt a bit uneven with different aspects...graphics/performance, car handling (some good some not so good), so decided to take them up on their recent offer of my money back.  Will probably wait till it costs what I originally paid for it again (in a sale), and by that time hopefully it will be 'my' perfect game.....just my opinion on PCars.  As for F1 2015, I'll wait for proper user feedback, even after any videos, and hopefully with full facts about the game, before it is released.