F1 career mode constructor standings is useless

I know this isn't the major issue with career mode, after the crazy car development and randomize driver transfers problem, driver and constructor standings are just meaningless to me. I feel like it doesn't matter where i finish the season as a driver if i'm not challenging for the championship. Back in the day, f1 2017 had seasonal goal, and that was a good motivation to end the season imo. Can't developers do the same thing on f1 2019?

If it would like this;

Driver standings;

1st - 2500 resource points

2nd - 1800 rp

3rd... 4th....

you get the idea. Same thing on constructor standings too. i mean without this type of feature i feel like i'm not racing for the team. i just don't care about what my teammate doing. In fact i do some nasty things to him because of the rivalry. Before the seasons when we are negotiating on the contract, we should negotiate for end of season positon too. Like if we are racing for red bull, it would be probably minimum 6th place at the end of the season. And if we can't manage to do that rep could go down considering where we finish at. Like i said this might not the main issue, but i don't know if developers gonna fix the r&d and driver transfer issue. We're like screaming here for weeks, so if that's not gonna be fixed, at least add some small features like i mentioned above.

• Like 4

So make the gap between teams greater? You perfectly summed up the problem with the current real life F1. The fact that you’re racing dirty vs your teammate because of the rivalry proves you’re not handling the pressure of being able to beat your teammate cleanly. 

I think the fact that you can switch to any team at any point means results don’t matter since you can pretty much pave your path to different teams as you wish.

The R&D pace would be ok if there were more updates in the R&D tree but the fact a team can go from mid table to being faster than Mercedes in under a season is a farce and the less said about the mid season driver transfers the better.... As if Merc would give away Hamilton to Ferrari with 4 races to go as he’s leading the championship

Yeah I mean this is where I feel Codies need to just take a step back, have a deep look at career and revamp it to bring the player into it via more emotions. You need to feel that rivalry and pressure to do well.

Need to be doing well in your current team to earn a drive for a better team for instance. Threat of being demoted perhaps. 1st team driver getting the upgrades over you perhaps. Like you say and have different points prizes for finishing in different positions and therefore play I to that with the press to make you feel the heat and the will to beat that team. Just a bit emotionless if you ask me!

• Agree 1

I thought the same thing but like ptank20 says it'll just make it harder for a lower team to move up, I still think there should be some incentive though whether its a morale boost or something that has no effect on the gameplay. There are other aspects of the game that I feel should impact the morale of the departments tbh rather than just what we say in the interviews for example IRL if Williams scored points on pure merit its going to make the people back at the factory happy or if a Racing Point gets a podium. Personally I dont see how saying negative things is going to have an effect on anything other than peoples opinion of you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ptank20 said:

I think the fact that you can switch to any team at any point means results don’t matter since you can pretty much pave your path to different teams as you wish.

I couldn’t agree more. I would much prefer having to start in a lower tiered team, and my general reputation would decide which teams might offer me a contract. The higher the rep, the more teams are interested in you Oh wait, like F1 2010. You would really feel like you had EARNT you place at Ferrari, and not just swap and change whenever you feel like it after 4 races

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ptank20 said:

So make the gap between teams greater? You perfectly summed up the problem with the current real life F1. The fact that you’re racing dirty vs your teammate because of the rivalry proves you’re not handling the pressure of being able to beat your teammate cleanly. 

The R&D pace would be ok if there were more updates in the R&D tree but the fact a team can go from mid table to being faster than Mercedes in under a season is a farce and the less said about the mid season driver transfers the better.... As if Merc would give away Hamilton to Ferrari with 4 races to go as he’s leading the championship

The gap might be greater like you said. But this is not our problem. Cuz this happens in real life, when FIA fix that, developers of the game can adjust it accordingly. I just don't wanna see that ferrari is worst car at the start of the season 2. 

And the reason that i drive dirty to my teammate is not that i can't handle pressure. The reason is "because i can". Because there is no point to have a teammate. You just don't understand what you read, and just assuming that i can't handle pressure. What i mean was make teammates worthy. Make them important to improve our team. They are just useless. I feel like i'm doing all the job, and my teammate gettin updated car for free. That is the situation bothers me.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Lernithas said:

The gap might be greater like you said. But this is not our problem. Cuz this happens in real life, when FIA fix that, developers of the game can adjust it accordingly. I just don't wanna see that ferrari is worst car at the start of the season 2. 

And the reason that i drive dirty to my teammate is not that i can't handle pressure. The reason is "because i can". Because there is no point to have a teammate. You just don't understand what you read, and just assuming that i can't handle pressure. What i mean was make teammates worthy. Make them important to improve our team. They are just useless. I feel like i'm doing all the job, and my teammate gettin updated car for free. That is the situation bothers me.

Surely the satisfaction of clean racing is enough of a reason to not treat them dirty? “Because I can” isn’t a reason I can also run the difficulty at 0 and win every race “because I can”.

I agree that the teammate should also play his role and an idea is to let them do practice programmes too so that you combine your resource points and buy upgrades together and adding many more minor updates to the r&d tree will slow down the effect of having 2 people investing in R&D.

Ferrari being the worst team at the start of Season 2 isn’t as a result of them not being rewarded for finishing high it’s just bad programming which means top teams manage their resource points poorly vs the lower teams to ensure that the order changes but it happens at a stupidly quick rate which needs to be fixed but sadly it’s a little too late now.

The r&d tree is not same as f1 2017, but they look really similar. This weird updates never happened back in 2017. I started to play 2017 because it has much more better career mode. But when i see that ai is too passive on the track, i had to get back to 2019 lol.

the thing that you mentioned before, changing team anytime we want is another enjoy killer situation.

R&d - changing teams - worthless teammates - lack of seasonal expectation. I don't know if these can be fixed easily or not, but i feel like the game is good on the track, except lack of racing incidents. Management part of the game is the real issue.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

And one another thing about the unrewarding end of race and end of season position. In real life drivers are figthing for even 15th position on the track. If there is no chance that i can get 10th place, i'm just pitting and put soft tyres on to get faster lap ahaed of my rivalry as long as i meet the expected position. It doesn't have to be resource points we get considering our finishing position. I don't know maybe if we finish race at 14th we get more points and rep, but it should be written somewhere in the game, like before the race "if you finish 11th you get 20rep, 12th 15rep" etc. Like i said it doesn't have to be resource points, cuz it might make top teams even better (which i'm not against). Long story short these type of things give more motivation imo.

• Like 1

The best way to play this game is in Championship mode. No R&D, no silly transfers, nothing, only races aganist silly IA.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1