Sign in to follow this  

Two things

i have been a part of PCARS testing team for the last 3 years bought into the testing of the game when you could and i have to say wow them  devs over a PCARS  do listen to what we want and they will change stuff around on a game if we  the (PAYING) public doesn't like it. 
Could i honestly see codemaster doing that, not in a month of Sundays, 

tMansell said:
Project Cars has a pretty nice carreer mode...if what I understood is right, you can start from Kart and getting "contract offers" til F-A.  Seriously, I like the idea of the broadcasf style and cutscenes and stuff like that, but as an ADITION not as a replacement. Said that, I would get F1 2010 and just add tbis features and polishing graphics, AI , weather and etc, but now, feels like we have year after year a worse game with better graphics.
/I agree this is what should have happened the broadcast style should have been added on top of what was already there I think. It doesn't have to be perfect first time out, as long as it's tweaked and adjusted later where required. That's what you should get with yearly games as long as the items are refined and adjusted it' doesn't matter if it's not perfect first time out as we know it can be tough first time out with a new feature especially for a company like CM given their resources are limited but they have to show they're willing to make an effort to try to get things right.

Why do they need to change the game every year?They never told us the reason fo taking out the paddock style menus or the interviews.
I'm still waiting the "STORM" they were cooking...looks like a fresh breeze..

I shall just place this link below. I did not make the petition even though the guy who did has the same first name. I have also not yet signed it as i want to see F1 2015 in full first. But if i dont like what i see then why not!!!

https://www.change.org/p/codemasters-give-the-f1-game-license-to-slightly-mad-studios-or-make-a-better-f1-game

Sorry you feel this way guys, you have my word I didn't mean any me trying to be more active in the F1 section as a stunt.

As for the news about F1 that is out the bulk of it is out in the public domain either in what we've been saying or via those interviews. The only thing we're yet to elaborate on is the multiplayer stuff, obviously we wan't to show the game running too.

At the moment the focus for the company is making the game look and play as good as possible and when we're happy with it will show it running.

There's no conspiracy, we're not forcing you to order anything, we're not trying to hide anything.

I'll confess to not being as active on the F1 boards as I promised I would, that's on me and I'll do better.

(also @mmpaw37 that last post isn't even close to being the worse thing you'd written on the forum and I didn't ban you for them :P ) 

Daugaard said:
@justbiglee any news of when we can expect the next F1 2015 news to arrive ?
Honestly I don't, I need to catch back up with the F1 stuff as I was largley looking after Overlord last week so I'll know more about what's next on Monday.

I did play the game a bit on Wednesday afternoon as we got a new build in, it was my first time playing it on a wheel and oh man it was good - I was playing on a T300Rs, that wheel knows how to kick! (might have to get one for myself) 

On Thursday we (not me personally) took the game and the wheel/playseat down to Williams to get some feedback on the handling from their test driver (forgive me I've forgot his name - it wasn't Susie, it was the young guy who is about 20ish - he was a bit of a gamer too as it turned out).

I know we filmed some of it too so hopefully we'll share that if we can. Pleased to say he liked it, he gave some good feedback for the dev team to work on too.

As for your original question what is it you'd like to know next? I know you all want to know everything but if you could pick just one bit of news what would it be?

Daugaard said:
Honestly I don't, I need to catch back up with the F1 stuff as I was largley looking after Overlord last week so I'll know more about what's next on Monday.

I did play the game a bit on Wednesday afternoon as we got a new build in, it was my first time playing it on a wheel and oh man it was good - I was playing on a T300Rs, that wheel knows how to kick! (might have to get one for myself) 

On Thursday we (not me personally) took the game and the wheel/playseat down to Williams to get some feedback on the handling from their test driver (forgive me I've forgot his name - it wasn't Susie, it was the young guy who is about 20ish - he was a bit of a gamer too as it turned out).

I know we filmed some of it too so hopefully we'll share that if we can. Pleased to say he liked it, he gave some good feedback for the dev team to work on too.

As for your original question what is it you'd like to know next? I know you all want to know everything but if you could pick just one bit of news what would it be?
Perhaps something like how this broadcast stu8ff you've supposedly added to the game works might be a good start.

Daugaard said:

For the many racing leagues out there, just some full details on multiplayer, all we know is its still 16 players plus Ai and we can have practice sessions at a time limit we decide which could be around 1 hour in length. 

Thanks for your detailed answer, the game sounds pretty awesome :)

The biggest issue for me is wether or not co-op will be featured in F1 2015, so any news in that direction would be really cool.

Otherwise, any moving gameplay (not an hotlap) will sure help...

I'd personally like to see some video gameplay, and preferably not a hotlap! Even if it's a short 30 teaser video, that would be so good.

Dev diaries too would be really good, I think they were really popular back for F1 2010 and F1 2011 so they'd definitely be a welcome return.

Exactly... I understand that the game isn't polished yet, and CM would prefer this to be at an acceptable level before showing anything.

But that said, the game has been showed to a few journalists, why not share some to the users ? if you on screen state "game still in development, not final build" or something you shoul be good to go ;)

I'm new here (this is my 2nd post) and still relatively new to sim racing (if you want to put the Codemasters F1 series in that category).

Anyway, I see two sides to this. Codemasters' side making decisions as a company to satisfy shareholders, secure and abide by F1 licensing agreements, and other important company interests (ie. sustaining a business model to remain profitable). By the way, do any of you run your own company? A little perspective here goes a long way before passing judgement. While many of the outspoken here may favor a more simulated experience (I'd put myself at the top of this list), other considerations have to be made as well for other audiences. Codemasters likely know their audience better than you and know how to satisfy their internal objectives. I'm sure the crew involved in the F1 series have a serious passion for F1 and would love to deliver the experience that would make everyone, with their own unique desires, happy but the reality is, it's just not possible. Something's gotta give, so they cater the experience that they deliver to average out what their core audience will pay for.

There's the other side - you and me. I personally want formation laps. The ability to get out of the car and talk to my team. Let them set up my car based on my explanations of the cars handling. Get rid of the steering wheel animations as it's redundant having my own. Have full control in the pit. And so on, and so on. I could provide a solid list of 100 features that I'd want, but how many of you would buy into those and what you consider for yourself to be the 'ultimate F1 experience'? And what about those more casual F1 fans who are still new to the sport? A few years ago I scoffed at anyone who'd sit and play Gran Turismo for hours on end. Then one day I won a copy of GT5 and started with a controller. Today I have a full cockpit, 4 different wheel bases, 5 rims, and have invested over $5k into a replica carbon fiber F1 wheel. I don't think I could even agree with the version of myself from a couple years ago what should go into an F1 game.

Having said all that, it seems to me the problem either lies solely within the licensing restrictions of the F1 title or that we simply need two games to adequately satisfy all audiences, each side with a justifiable and quantifiable market. It seems to me that perhaps one title can't be everything to everyone, or it's simply not a logistical possibility with the size of Codemasters' team. Don't know. I guess the point in me putting all this out here is to just get some of you thinking rather than just reacting with the seeming sense of entitlement I'm picking up. But again, as there are two sides to this, perhaps it also would behoove Codemasters to dig deeper into their bag of talent and dedicate more of it to shoot for this seemingly impossible end-all-be-all game or split the game into two opposite-ended parts (one sim, one arcade/simcade)... or even share the license, if possible (not familiar with the politics or legal aspects of motorsport racing game licenses) with another company who can deliver the other end of the spectrum of a true F1 racing experience. Until then, you and I are probably going to have to settle until someone else picks up the license or a new challenger brings their own offering to us - but remember that will only happen if there's truly a market for it..

Just some thoughts...

I don't think anybody should rush CM to do anything. They haven't released the information yet because they aren't ready to yet. I think it's great they have kept quiet for so long. It's all prep. 

I was very surprised at the backlash about the career mode as well but really I don't care either way. My most important things that need to be in the game are "a decent penalty system" and great racing physics with good force feedback. I don't care who's car I am driving as long as it feels reasonably right (especially in the rain)! Also about the broadcast system, (MLB the Show) has a broadcast system that uses your spoken name (they have thousands in the database) so the announcer says (insert name here!) hit another home run and is headed to the record books...lol. Could it be that hard to say, (insert name here) just made a great pass on Vettel in the Ferrari? As far as Project CARS is concerned... the more racing games that raise the bar to one day (hopefully!) make CM give us the F1 game that we all have been wanting...the better.

@mmpaw37 I really think you need to take a step back. You are over thinking things way to much. Your assuming so many alternatives that are Rediculous. The way I see it, CM seem pretty confident about their progress with F1 2015, so go with the flow until news is released. Ideas from the community have been taken into consideration I know this aswell as most people will to. I personally can't wait to play it, quite excited to say the least! When they are ready they will release whatever you are after :)

@mmpaw37 I really think you need to take a step back. You are over thinking things way to much. Your assuming so many alternatives that are Rediculous. The way I see it, CM seem pretty confident about their progress with F1 2015, so go with the flow until news is released. Ideas from the community have been taken into consideration I know this aswell as most people will to. I personally can't wait to play it, quite excited to say the least! When they are ready they will release whatever you are after :)
not too sure about that I'm not too sure they are confident look at the promotion games like F1 2010 and 11 got they were confident in them as they were good games Grid Autosport also got a fair bit of promotion and the games deserved it as they we re good quality I can't see any of that in F1 2015. We know CM can do better than this we would just like them to show it.

I can certainly see where your coming from mate, since you put it like that I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Think it's just getting a bit daft though with all the personal theories and stuff. You csn tell when someone is trying to push codemasters to crack aswell which isn't working lol :)

mmpaw37 said:

I can honestly say I am now thinking of cancelling my Pre-Order of F1 2015 - 

I deleted mine a couple of days ago, lack of info, and to much removal... Not saying I won't buy it.....but it will be after some price drops, make do with Pcars

I pre ordered on the announcement date, hoping that was the start of things to come, how wrong, since I have seen newer videos of Pcars, I have lost interest in f1 2015...and for now Pcars for me......

Yeah project cars looks quality. Really can't wait for that lol, as for F1. It's a long process, from previous experience from cm releases I think they have done things a little to fast, for whatever reason I don't know but customer pressure is a steady guess, I say leave it to the masters of the code, they're good at what they do and I think they will hit the spot perfectly :)

I hope CM proves every body wrong with info approach, but because Pcars comes out before f1, risky not to promote there game , if Pcars is quality lots of people might not look at f1 until they get bored of project cars,