Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Two things

F1 has a pretty strict fan base though  don't it so i think F1 fans will buy the game regardless.  I wonder if there's a way to make it more appealing to a bigger crowd. A tricky one

This is my opinion on the matter, but I think they've took career mode out and are trying to strip it down to the basics and get their racing on point with competitive and intelligent AI, I mean let's be honest we never really were the driver just a generic face in a helmet with the driver you replaced name and number on the car. However if they get the basics of racing sorted and put together we can expect to see career mode return in F1 2016 providing CM get the license again

A broad range of options is a good starting point.
Exactly asnd this is something the F1 2015 is lacking and I think ultimately CM could well pay the price for it. YEs P cars does lack in terms of officiasl championships but it makes up for that by giving us a lot of variety and for me that's where P cars will leave F1 2015 behind.

KR3 said:
I mean let's be honest we never really were the driver just a generic face in a helmet with the driver you replaced name and number on the car. However if they get the basics of racing sorted and put together we can expect to see career mode return in F1 2016 providing CM get the license again
Totally right.

It seems that the license is quite strict when it comes to altering of teams e.g using a fake name instead of Vettel and being able to have broadcast elements.

Codemasters aren't just given the license and allowed to do whatever they want.

Many of you will not believe me on this, but what do you expect from FOM? Formula 1 is a product and they want it used in a certain way.

hola said:
all of ya listen up! I hereby open this topic to complain about complainers!

Understood hehehe :)

KR3 said:
This is my opinion on the matter, but I think they've took career mode out and are trying to strip it down to the basics and get their racing on point with competitive and intelligent AI, I mean let's be honest we never really were the driver just a generic face in a helmet with the driver you replaced name and number on the car. However if they get the basics of racing sorted and put together we can expect to see career mode return in F1 2016 providing CM get the license again

I can't see how removing a generic face in a helmet could help improve to get their racing on point with competitive and intelligent AI. It might not have been my face but it was my name. I was a 3 time world champion. Drivers like Hamilton, Alonso, Rosberg envied me. They are taking that away from me. So yes it was me driving the car and winning the championships

WestHam66 said:
KR3 said:
I mean let's be honest we never really were the driver just a generic face in a helmet with the driver you replaced name and number on the car. However if they get the basics of racing sorted and put together we can expect to see career mode return in F1 2016 providing CM get the license again
Totally right.

It seems that the license is quite strict when it comes to altering of teams e.g using a fake name instead of Vettel and being able to have broadcast elements.

Codemasters aren't just given the license and allowed to do whatever they want.

Many of you will not believe me on this, but what do you expect from FOM? Formula 1 is a product and they want it used in a certain way.
This has nothing to do with the license. Almost every F1 game made you the driver and all codemasters F1 games until now did it. So why are people now suddenly coming up with stupid excuses like the license 

I'd personally like to see some video gameplay, and preferably not a hotlap! Even if it's a short 30 teaser video, that would be so good.

Dev diaries too would be really good, I think they were really popular back for F1 2010 and F1 2011 so they'd definitely be a welcome return.

I never disagreed with someone so much before. 30 second hot lap video? really? that would show us nothing!. are codies really taking this game to crap? I mean... its like they do not even care anymore....

DEV diaries with "in depth" look at the mechanics of the game... improvements on current features and newly implemented features.  THAT is how it should be done.

Zombie said:
I'd personally like to see some video gameplay, and preferably not a hotlap! Even if it's a short 30 teaser video, that would be so good.

Dev diaries too would be really good, I think they were really popular back for F1 2010 and F1 2011 so they'd definitely be a welcome return.
I never disagreed with someone so much before. 30 second hot lap video? really? that would show us nothing!. are codies really taking this game to crap? I mean... its like they do not even care anymore....

DEV diaries with "in depth" look at the mechanics of the game... improvements on current features and newly implemented features.  THAT is how it should be done.
Eh? I said 'preferably NOT a hotlap'!  I agree it doesn't reveal much about the game. I'm just saying for now I would be pleased with a short 30 second teaser. In the coming weeks I would prefer longer in depth looks at the game, as you say.

Tourgott said:
License is their excuse for everything. Who actually believes this anymore?

Just look at the marketing this year... just as bad as last year. We are almost to release date and we know thing. It almost sounds to me like they do not even care anymore and they are just waiting for the contract to expire.  I seen kids on a lemonade stand out in the street with better marketing skills then this.

Rubbish, F1 CE had career mode with broadcast presentation. Why do people think Codemasters can't do something when they plain WON'T do something??

And well done to the West Ham fella for making himself look a right tosser!

Leave my posts alone :)

Gav25182 said:

Rubbish, F1 CE had career mode with broadcast presentation. Why do people think Codemasters can't do something when they plain WON'T do something??

And well done to the West Ham fella for making himself look a right t0sser!

How have I made myself look like a tosser? No zero Mum!

Having your own name or whatever name you want on the driver entry list has got nothing to do with it. Its the replay-ability that comes with a career/campaign/story mode in most games, sports game especially, that adds a lot to the single player experience. Imagine a FIFA where you would play 38 games which you'd have to set up individually, then after each season go into the settings and move a load of players around, then set up another 38 individual games and start again. Its not the same as having the game simulate the season as if it were real life. 

Sorry you feel this way guys, you have my word I didn't mean any me trying to be more active in the F1 section as a stunt.

As for the news about F1 that is out the bulk of it is out in the public domain either in what we've been saying or via those interviews. The only thing we're yet to elaborate on is the multiplayer stuff, obviously we wan't to show the game running too.

At the moment the focus for the company is making the game look and play as good as possible and when we're happy with it will show it running.

There's no conspiracy, we're not forcing you to order anything, we're not trying to hide anything.

I'll confess to not being as active on the F1 boards as I promised I would, that's on me and I'll do better.

(also @mmpaw37 that last post isn't even close to being the worse thing you'd written on the forum and I didn't ban you for them :P ) 
Really? So Im guessing its exactly like 14 exept we have tv style presentetion :( No I stand corrected 14 had career and coop so It actually has less features than 14? I was hoping for news that you have made setups worth spending time making and there would be telemetry and testing r@d parts along with many more thing F1 related such as tyre temps and wear, how we manage fuel and race strategy. Honestly if thats what cm call cooking up a storm then good luck with selling the game! We have been given no info on how the AI behave and how you have improved them, no info on silly gamebreaking bugs as each game had at least 1, no info on the corner cut and collision penelty. Not having dig at you Lee but I just fail to see what info we the customer actually have about the game!

There's a lot of stuff going on at cm at the moment. Overlord, Dirt Rally and F1.

So it must be hard work to get all that marketing stuff sorted. Dirt Rally EA has just had the release and looks great. And for those who are interested in sims ( @mmpaw37 ),  maybe, just maybe it hints at a different direction. It's certainly more sim like than Dirt 3.

My guess is that now overlord, and dirt rally have been done the next batch of info released will be on F1 fairly soon. My guess is it won't be for at least a week yet though.

Daugaard said:
@justbiglee any news of when we can expect the next F1 2015 news to arrive ?
Honestly I don't, I need to catch back up with the F1 stuff as I was largley looking after Overlord last week so I'll know more about what's next on Monday.

I did play the game a bit on Wednesday afternoon as we got a new build in, it was my first time playing it on a wheel and oh man it was good - I was playing on a T300Rs, that wheel knows how to kick! (might have to get one for myself) 

On Thursday we (not me personally) took the game and the wheel/playseat down to Williams to get some feedback on the handling from their test driver (forgive me I've forgot his name - it wasn't Susie, it was the young guy who is about 20ish - he was a bit of a gamer too as it turned out).

I know we filmed some of it too so hopefully we'll share that if we can. Pleased to say he liked it, he gave some good feedback for the dev team to work on too.

As for your original question what is it you'd like to know next? I know you all want to know everything but if you could pick just one bit of news what would it be?
little late for this

@mmpaw37 chill the fuck out. If you re read what I said I said I 'think'. Meaning my opinion. I've never spoke to you before other than this thread,  if you honestly class what I wrote as instigating or thst I'm targeting you in some way then really dude, I will go else where and speak to people that won't take something to heart so much. 

That's why I try not to use the CM forum so much anymore. Way to much sensitivity. 

I'm sorry I forgot this were a gaming forum. Don't worry, my opinion weren't aimed at you as a person it were aimed at your opinion and your theory, because i dont agree with it.Like I said,  to much sensitivity....

I'm sorry I forgot this were a gaming forum. Don't worry, my opinion weren't aimed at you as a person it were aimed at your opinion and your theory, because i dont agree with it.Like I said,  to much sensitivity....

Too much sensitivity, yet you flag "abuse" on a forum

LOL!