Sign in to follow this  

Two things

First of all, please stop comparing F1 2015 to Project Cars. They are completely different games. The former is a playable version of the current Formula 1 season and the latter is a fantasy type racing game, with no real championships or drivers. At least it has a Career Mode though...

That brings me to my second point. Please stop going on and on and on about there being no Career Mode in F1 2015. The broadcast elements that Codemasters have introduced simply do not allow for a Career Mode where you can use any name. You may think that I am talking rubbish, but it is true.

And anyway, do you all really have such big egos that you absolutely HAVE to have your own names on the drivers you play as? Do you feel THAT important that you simply cannot buy a racing game without being able to think that you are the driver?

Fin.

WestHam66 said:
First of all, please stop comparing F1 2015 to Project Cars. They are completely different games. The former is a playable version of the current Formula 1 season and the latter is a fantasy type racing game, with no real championships or drivers. At least it has a Career Mode though...

That brings me to my second point. Please stop going on and on and on about there being no Career Mode in F1 2015. The broadcast elements that Codemasters have introduced simply do not allow for a Career Mode where you can use any name. You may think that I am talking rubbish, but it is true.

And anyway, do you all really have such big egos that you absolutely HAVE to have your own names on the drivers you play as? Do you feel THAT important that you simply cannot buy a racing game without being able to think that you are the driver?

Fin.

...In other words: "Everybody stop talking if you don't agree with me. What do you all think this is, some kind of forum or something?"

Do you really have such a big ego that you believe your opinion is the only one that matters?

Big comment... and good points.  But sad to say everything you said is wrong.

Operator1 said:

WestHam66 said:

Fin.

...In other words: "Everybody stop talking if you don't agree with me. What do you all think this is, some kind of forum or something?"

Do you really have such a big ego that you believe your opinion is the only one that matters?

Pretty much this.

WestHam66 said:

Fin.
First of all; CM could have added a career mode without broadcast style presentation. I personally don't care much about the broadcast presentation; I want to feel like I'm the driver, not a spectator. But like always, CM forces their ways through our throats. And things like podium sequences could have been made in a first person perspective, so CM wouldn't have to bother with creating a selection of faces for the player. 

WestHam66 said:

Fin.
First of all; CM could have added a career mode without broadcast style presentation. I personally don't care much about the broadcast presentation; I want to feel like I'm the driver, not a spectator. But like always, CM forces their ways through our throats. And things like podium sequences could have been made in a first person perspective, so CM wouldn't have to bother with creating a selection of faces for the player. 
Agreed @Paulski2610 as all of the F1 games CM have done so far have had one as did the last Studio Liverpool game bF1 Championship edition and the FIA/FOM approved them so you can't say that the license doesn't allow for such things as  that is rubbish.

First of all please stop telling us what to talk about
Second of all West Ham are hopeless

WestHam66 said:

Fin.
"Fantasy type racing game" 
Oh dear me:
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/the-24-hours-of-le-mans-join-project-cars/

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/experience-the-indianapolis-500-in-project-cars/

JJRosso said:

Yes, we are currently doing very, very badly. Who do you support? Just out of pure curiosity. A team near or dare I say it, at the top of the Premier League?

And, yes to Operator1, I do have a big ego, as it happens.

Good point! I feel the pain of Sunderland fans as it was only a few years ago that we were relegated ourselves!

WestHam66 said:
JJRosso said:

Yes, we are currently doing very, very badly. Who do you support? Just out of pure curiosity. A team near or dare I say it, at the top of the Premier League?

And, yes to Operator1, I do have a big ego, as it happens.
I support Chelsea, Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Not sure how they are going atm

If we could keep the discussion on the topic of F1 then that would be appreciated please! You can freely discuss football in our off-topic forum.

I haven't really given a personal opinion on the Pro Season mode and the lack of a career mode, but I think I might as well now.

The Pro Season mode sounds great, and I'm looking forward to completing some races (if I buy a PS4!) in that full simulation style, 100%, no HUD, no assists. Should be fun.

However, I still love the career mode aspects to games. I feel there's a goal in career modes to reach the top levels, and I think that's possibly gone for this game? I'm not sure whether the Pro Season works like that, but we'll soon find out.

But yeah, I'm honestly really surprised and slightly disappointed at the lack of a true career mode. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but F1 2010 was my favourite game in the Codemasters F1 series, primarily for it's player immersion.

The slogan for the game was 'Be the driver, live the life', and I felt like it was me in the game. Being in your motorhome, doing the press interviews, the engineer and agent calling you by your name. I did five seasons of career and this immersion is what kept me playing so much. In all the games since I've only done about 5 races of one season? I've done none in 2014, I just stick to quick races.

Player immersion is really important in a game, and I don't think I'll feel that same immersion if you're playing as a driver.

I'm sure there's other reasons for not including career mode, not just because of the broadcast style presentation, and I'll make a proper decision after I've played the game. But I sure hope career mode makes a return for F1 2016, with the player immersion, like F1 2010 had. I'm sure many members here will echo these thoughts.

No surprise to me. They've taken out everything else they put in to the game so why not take out career mode as well. Just about everything that we want in the game they've taken out. And they say they listen to us to be honest I don't think they know anything about Formula One games any more. They started off with a pretty good game to build on in 2010 and now there's nothing of interest to keep anyone playing for long no matter what it looks like. And if they think they're anywhere near project cars standards they are a bigger joke than I thought.

If we could keep the discussion on the topic of F1 then that would be appreciated please! You can freely discuss football in our off-topic forum.

I haven't really given a personal opinion on the Pro Season mode and the lack of a career mode, but I think I might as well now.

The Pro Season mode sounds great, and I'm looking forward to completing some races (if I buy a PS4!) in that full simulation style, 100%, no HUD, no assists. Should be fun.

However, I still love the career mode aspects to games. I feel there's a goal in career modes to reach the top levels, and I think that's possibly gone for this game? I'm not sure whether the Pro Season works like that, but we'll soon find out.

But yeah, I'm honestly really surprised and slightly disappointed at the lack of a true career mode. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but F1 2010 was my favourite game in the Codemasters F1 series, primarily for it's player immersion.

The slogan for the game was 'Be the driver, live the life', and I felt like it was me in the game. Being in your motorhome, doing the press interviews, the engineer and agent calling you by your name. I did five seasons of career and this immersion is what kept me playing so much. In all the games since I've only done about 5 races of one season? I've done none in 2014, I just stick to quick races.

Player immersion is really important in a game, and I don't think I'll feel that same immersion if you're playing as a driver.

I'm sure there's other reasons for not including career mode, not just because of the broadcast style presentation, and I'll make a proper decision after I've played the game. But I sure hope career mode makes a return for F1 2016, with the player immersion, like F1 2010 had. I'm sure many members here will echo these thoughts.
I think we all hope so anyway.

Are you kidding me? When should we not compare Project Cars to F1 2015? Does it matter that Project Cars has not the official roster, drivers or teams? Who cares about that if the experience is better than the official game? I think Project Cars is the perfect game to compare F1 2015 with. What if the FA championship is better than the F1 2015 championship? It would mean CM could learn a lot of lessons from a fantasy F1 game which would be very humiliating as well for Codemasters.

And why the hell would the commentary forbid for having a normal career? I can't see any reason why! Only reason I see is that Codemasters didn't do enough effort. In F1 2010 the engineer could pronounce my name so why would commentators not be able to do that? Even with commentary career as usual would be possible.

That being said F1 2015 is a fantasy F1 game as well. F1 drivers don't hear any commentary. So don't say you can't compare Project Cars with F1 2015 if you want to defend the decision on career mode by using commentary as an excuse. It should not be in the game during racing it should be on the replays. That would make it less fantasy.

all of ya listen up! I hereby open this topic to complain about complainers!

F1 2015 should be compared to pCARS, just as FIFA compares to Pro Evoultion Soccer that also don't have full license over players/leagues...

That being said, im pretty sure pCARS for me will be "the game of the year", but still i hope that CM delivers with F1 2015, as i really like to race an official F1 game.

I think the approach Slightly Mad Studios have had regarding pCARS is spot on, an should be considered a lot more among gaming companys, it will be pretty interesting to see if it paids out for Slightly Mad.

Im really concerned for F1 2015 as important features are missing... i hope CM will step up and deliver, otherwise i think they could loose the licence for good.

I couldn't care less anymore if they loose the license. I was a huge fan of codemasters F1 series but 2014 and now 2015 have made me very emotional about a game in bad way. 

I hope slightly mad studios get's the next F1 license.

I couldn't care less anymore if they loose the license. I was a huge fan of codemasters F1 series but 2014 and now 2015 have made me very emotional about a game in bad way. 

I hope slightly mad studios get's the next F1 license.
If CM can't deliver a proper F1 game, I would gladly see the license go to Slightly Mad Studios.... they could surely do something good for the genre

project cars i've been playing project cars for years and it turned out to be the best racing game I have seen or played. All you have seen from F1 2015 is a few photo shopped images, and a couple of reviews from people that don't even play racing games. Project cars as everything put into it. F1 2015 as everything taken out. 

I've already invested in project cars I did that when it first came out because they actually asked the public what they wanted in the game and as far as I know it's all been put in. A lot of us asked for oculus rift support and they even found time to do that. and I doubt very much whether cm know what oculus rift is. lol 

And whoever made the decision to take out career mode in F1 2015 should be sacked. It's probably the most played part of the game, but that's CM for ya bad management and bad decisions. 

My vote goes to project cars.

Project Cars has a pretty nice carreer mode...if what I understood is right, you can start from Kart and getting "contract offers" til F-A.  Seriously, I like the idea of the broadcasf style and cutscenes and stuff like that, but as an ADITION not as a replacement. Said that, I would get F1 2010 and just add tbis features and polishing graphics, AI , weather and etc, but now, feels like we have year after year a worse game with better graphics.