Sign in to follow this  

Pro Season- Completely Unfair !

Don't get me wrong I like the fact that codemasters has implemented a SIM like mode but how unfair is it on all the other players off different abiltites that we have to miss out on getting all the 3 practise sessions. I play with all assists off apart from I i have auto gears and play on Expert and I feel I am going to miss out on feature, first career mode is taken out and then this.

Why can't the 3 practise sessions be implemented in Championship mode too so all players get the full experience of the game since we all pay the same price. First I was disappointed about career mode being removed but since theres 2 seasons of cars in the game I can accept that but this is ridiculous. People with different lower skill levels missing out on features  is so unfair as I' sure many of us love the full weekend experience just the same as the people with all the assists off!

Seriously thinking about missing this year out I can't atall think why codies would not give everyone the option to play a full race weekend when its in the game. 

While I think CM have made pro season mode especially for me (thank you kinds sirs), I agree that everyone else should be able to enjoy the game using pro season settings outside of pro season. It really is a pointless game mode and should have been part of the generic options to set-up the game how a player feels best suited to. 

for me multiplayer the the only important aspect for me, single player game modes get repitive very very fast 

softy94 said:
for me multiplayer the the only important aspect for me, single player game modes get repitive very very fast 
I found multiplayer quickly got very repetitive what with peeps smashing into you the whole time. Each to their own though I guess.

Agree with Softy, League racing is the best way to enjoy a racing game. A.I will never have that unpredictability that a human player has , they also can be as fast if not faster than A.I. Ive had battles like Bahrain 2014 due to this. Theres no way you can get A.I to that level. Except for geoff crammand GP4 from back in the day. That's the only game that has level headed A.I, for the people that join public races well your digging your own grave with that move. You will get the odd race where theres decent players but 90% of the time its destruction derby

League racing isn’t an option for many of us for many different reasons though, sadly.
Which for me is why i really hope the co-op feature is still present in F1 2015... I played this mode in F1 2012 (my last f1 purchase) with a good friend of mine... I think we played nearly 5 seasons together...

Yeah the lack of Friday practice sessions in all other modes  is a real shame. I certainly didn't use all  3 practice sessions much when CM had them BUT it was nice to use them all now and then, when I did full-length races.

Joethe155 said:
Yeah the lack of Friday practice sessions in all other modes  is a real shame. I certainly didn't use all  3 practice sessions much when CM had them BUT it was nice to use them all now and then, when I did full-length races.
it really is and rather stupid since its in the game why wouldnt they have it as an option! Going on a green track on friday and tuning up the car through the weekend trying different settings was a real thrill for me. Resetting the session just isn't the same especially if its a rain effected session.

Wish codies would speak on this and atleast tell us why the didn't allowed 3 practise sessions in other modes. Its unfair and just singling out players and did they think people wouldn't get annoyed by that.

People should really have there voices heard straight to the Formula Management. I keep saying... i cannot say it enough... the more letters they get. The chances of Codies picking up the franchise again becomes slim.... another better company could pick it up. Say... SlightlyMadStudios?

any chance of any news on this @Britpoint or confirmation of what the practise sessions in championship mode will be like.

Can we atleast have a longer session (90 mins) if its only 1 session. WHich would still be unfair on the player but something I guess. 

any chance of any news on this @Britpoint or confirmation of what the practise sessions in championship mode will be like.

Can we atleast have a longer session (90 mins) if its only 1 session. WHich would still be unfair on the player but something I guess. 

Man read the forum! The answers lately from any Codemasters worker has been the word "soon". The truth is we know nothing about F1 2015 other then the little text we got. The magazines all reviewed the same thing posted on the thread by BigLee.... there was nothing new. Since then.... they have gone quiet.

WestHam66 said:
Why bother making an official F1 game if its going to be a half-arsed attempt
That's a good question Codies do you have the answer? :p The only answer I can think of is they're just grabbing at any income they can
Zombie said:

Man read the forum! The answers lately from any Codemasters worker has been the word "soon". The truth is we know nothing about F1 2015 other then the little text we got. The magazines all reviewed the same thing posted on the thread by BigLee.... there was nothing new. Since then.... they have gone quiet.

Agreed there isn't really anything new and that's what the problem is unless CM can get really creative and  do something extraordinary I'd say it's unlikely they'll hold on to the license

Completely agree, ridiculous decision.

I've said it before, give the customers choice, the ability to customise the game. Then we can make it the game we want it to be.

Typical of cm games sadly, I have no problem with this as the pro season is how I play but for most this mode will never be used as you are limited to cockpit cam (most refuse to give up seeing as much as you do in t-cam) many use at least 1 assist (braking line is most popular with no assist users :)) and many ppl wont do a 1.5-2 hour race plus the other 5 hours needed to do a full long weekend. The AI are another thing that will stop ppl using this mode as legend is the only difficulty mode available (ffs no sliders again) and most ppl that are quick join a league as they find more of a challenge that way. What was wrong with giving ppl the option to play the game how they wanted cm? I may be in the same boat as you if the legend AI are alot quicker this year and if thats the case id be hugely dissapointed with not being able to do a game mode because im getting lapped every race. Tbh looking at the forums recently I think 2015 will be another let down when it comes to features as every question I see answered by cm is a no not this year! They wont talk about there game either so that tells me its because they have nothing really ground breaking to show us. I really hope im wrong but going of there past 5 games and what little they have replied to on the forum 15 will be nothing more than a preety update to 14 with some stupid tv style presentation that has you sitting on the grid but for some crazy reason no warm up lap. untill cm release any info/gameplay I cant see what else ppl should think by now.

Is Pro Season actually limited in difficulty to only Legend?

Pro Season seems like it could honestly be one of the worst and most pointless game modes ever created.

Joethe155 said:

Pro Season seems like it could honestly be one of the worst and most pointless game modes ever created.
one would think so given it's supposed to be full on sim. However I'm not sure we'll get an answer t that until the game comes out.

Joethe155 said:

one would think so given it's supposed to be full on sim. However I'm not sure we'll get an answer t that until the game comes out.
Well if the cars handle the same as championship mode with the assists off then this mode is completly useless. The point is we have always been able to turn all the assists off and go on the hardest AI if we wanted. Why they can let the player have the full race weekend and decide what assists the want I don't know. Just add the 3 practise sessions to championship mode then there can't be complain!

Joethe155 said:

Why do you think its the only game mode to have all 3 practice sessions? No one would bother playing it otherwise...

I thought it was meant to be legend AI, no assists and helmet/cockpit only camera.

why all these restrictive rules and modes, jeez codies what do you guys think about whilst making these decisions? fairys and goblins and magic powers mixed in with castles ghouls and potions, get a feckin grip

Joethe155 said:

Well if the cars handle the same as championship mode with the assists off then this mode is completly useless. The point is we have always been able to turn all the assists off and go on the hardest AI if we wanted. Why they can let the player have the full race weekend and decide what assists the want I don't know. Just add the 3 practise sessions to championship mode then there can't be complain!
I agree but by the way that @Britpoint and @justbiglee have been talking maybe 2015 is configured differently than the earlier ones. Dosen't change my opinion of the game I'm just speculating that maybe it is. I suspect though as I said we'll only know for sure when the game comes out

We will, but the more I heard about this game the more I think of just buying project cars :) and alot of people seem to have the same opinion

We will, but the more I heard about this game the more I think of just buying project cars :) and alot of people seem to have the same opinion
Yeah same here the more I've heard about both games the more I'm convinced I'm right to vote in favour of PCars and skip F1 2015 and buy the latter later maybe at bargain bin prices for £10 or something. I think I'd have got P cars either way but the fact career mode has been ditched has killed off any enthusiasm I might have had for getting F1 2015

il be getting f1 2015  it sounds it will be better than 2014 (it couldnt get any worse) but il also get PCARS