Sign in to follow this  

Saftey car

Played an online 25% race and the saftey car came out. I was in second place, caught the queue and decided to overtake the guy in p1 just to annoy Jeff. Nothing happened. Decided to overtake the saftey car, again nothing happened. Drove off into the distance and won by 30 secs. 

Is this normal? 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

In real F1? No, it's not! I'm calling FIA.

these kind of random bugs are normal in CM games...

23 minutes ago, Bonthesock said:

Played an online 25% race and the saftey car came out. I was in second place, caught the queue and decided to overtake the guy in p1 just to annoy Jeff. Nothing happened. Decided to overtake the saftey car, again nothing happened. Drove off into the distance and won by 30 secs. 

Is this normal? 

Safety car issues aside, this doesn't exactly sound very respectful to your competitors...

19 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Safety car issues aside, this doesn't exactly sound very respectful to your competitors...

Like the AI have any respect for the player or the rules! Don't have the 19 game, don't want it given all the issues, but in the 18 game AI overtake under yellow flags with no penalty. Likewise if the saftey car is ever seen, AI overtake with no penalty. If the AI ignore a blue flag, they get a 5 sec stop go. However often they don't serve the penalty so get 5 sec added to race time! How stupid is that? Should be more like 25-30 sec due to the time lost driving through the pits.

Not that any of this is game breaking, it does however show the general lack of thought and understanding codies have when it comes to game mechanics and f1. Issues like this have been in the game without being fixed for years.

Codemasters show us, the customer, a lack of respect, and perhaps one could go as far as saying an incompetence in game design and coding. Mostly it's about making a profit I would say! Same bugs and more year on year, rave reviews in the press, money coming in - who in all honesty can complain? Roll on F1 2020 and another sub-standard game and a fat profit...

I for one will not give them a penny for the game, best buy a second hand copy 6 months down the line when they have made a half arsed attempt to fix the bugs and the game is as good as it gets...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Probably not, but I did break check the guy in third before overtaking. He wouldn't have thought to pit under the saftey car if he wasn't damaged.