AI driver performance

I feel several drivers need updates to go alongside the team update. Especially so now that drivers can change teams this year. Glaring examples are drivers like Ricciardo having AI that is much slower than drivers he's quicker than. And Gasly often being quicker than Max.

They should make the fastest driver a benchmark and work their way down from there. 

Hamilton should likely be the benchmark and then have a performance deficit similar to this (on average):

+0.050 : Verstappen, Vettel, Ricciardo

+0.100: Bottas, Leclerc

+0.150: Sainz, Hulkenberg, Perez, Raikkonen

+0.200: Norris, Russell, Magnussen

+0.250: Kvyat, Grosjean

+0.300-0.500: Gasly, Stroll, Albon, Giovinazzi, Kubica.

As a rough estimate (pardon the formatting, doing this on a phone)

Slightly unrelated note but an addition I'd like to see: driver models, helmets and audio names of drivers from previous games like Alonso,  Ocon, Button etc. Added to customization.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Tier 1A: Hamilton, Verstappen

Tier 1B: Vettel, Leclerc

Tier 2A: Ricciardo, Hulkenberg, Perez, Raikkonen, Bottas

Tier 2B: Sainz, Norris, Kvyat, Russell

Tier 3A: Magnussen, Grosjean, Albon, Gasly

Tier 3B: Giovinazzi, Stroll, Kubica

Edited by AllenB2609
  • Agree 2

For performance based on career success and this season performance to accurately portray team moves from fastest to slowest;

Hamilton, Bottas, Ricciardo, Verstappen, Vettel, Leclerc

Norris, Raikkonen, Hulkenburg, Sainz

Russell, Perez, Gasly, Grosjean

Magnussen, Kvyat, Albon, Stroll, Giovinazzi

Kubica (like many retired long time and returning..)

I think this is fair based on how they would most likely perform overall in the same car. Though a few like Russell is very hard to tell how he would perform in a different car especially when comparing to Kubica who is often over a second a lap down on him.

@Faya please can you look into the performance of Daniel Ricciardo F1 2019 for PS4 (just in case different formats are .. well different!).

In my 3 seasons Ric is constantly being beaten by everyone! He's one of the very best out there! He beat Max (who is often beaten by Gasly in game) every season in consistent points and wins up until he declared his leaving RB when they literally made him their test/fail guy. He needs a big boost pretty please.

And Kubica is 60/40 with Russell and 1st driver (this is mostly annoying for career choosing Williams for 1st team as 2nd driver as we no longer have the option of team-mate.. Choice would be a very welcome return?? Wink wink..Puppy eyes..), I was sure Russell was 1st driver(?) and except for the 1 point Kubica has for the purely lucky Germany GP all the rest have been losses. 11 - 1 to Russell I do believe thus far?

The Ric performance bit bugs me most though. Even more than when he keeps moving team when I try to get him as a team-mate, talk about making me feel unwanted.. 😂