Sign in to follow this  

extradata=1 crashes Dirt 3 Complete Edition... any chance of a fix?

Question

@justbiglee I was so excited when I read that I could play DiRT3 without GFWL.... yay I thought... I downloaded the complimentary 'Complete Edition', changed all 126 FOVs and started a race.

Then I edited the hardware_settings_config.xml file to enable the motion seat, simvibe, fanaleds and DashMeterPro and remembered why I had uninstalled the Original DiRT3... it crashes with an error when finishing a race or restarting a race every time.

So it's either play DiRT3 Complete Edition without the G-Force, vibration, Wheel LEDS and Digital dash... or bust.... DAMN... what a waste of an afternoon. Anyone know any workarounds for extradata="1"?

It's a known bug (see link below) introduced with DiRT3 patch 1.2, but nothing ever happened to rectify it. Given the uptake of devices that use this telemetry output and the recent change to the non-GFWL Complete Edition , is there any chance of patching this out soon please?

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/183/dirt-3-telemetry-and-motion-simulator-bug

p.s. Not sure if you remember me from the Community Feedback Day back in October 2013 in Southam, but I just love the CMR / DiRT franchise :) ?

4 answers to this question

Just some clarity on this on going topic would be nice, it's been like this since the 1.2 patch.

Either 

- We're working on it              or.....

- We can't / won't fix it 

This way we can all move on and ( depending on the answer) either keep Dirt3 on our harddrives or just simply deïnstall it again.

What the he'll is going on codemasters. This is my favourite game and now I can't run the x-sim OBD2 unit I spent 1 year making. So not happy and really if you don't care about your customers then why buy dirt rally or anything else from codemasters or should I say toadmasters. Please tell your people what the he'll is going wrong or you will loose a lot of followers that have been holding on for ages to play it again after GFWL issues. Word out....

I suspect it's fallen off the "to do" list, as Dirt Rally is the new boy in town.

It's sad that afficinados like yourselves have spent so much on fancy tech and then it no longer works with the game, but I suspect the amount of players who have that level of tech is relatively small, so I wish you well in your quest for them to fix it, but I imagine they may not :-(

the devs have nothing to do with this problem, it is too difficult for them !! It seems :o