Wales needs worse Weather.

Wales should get more "moody" Weather conditions  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Conditions like: Light Rain | Rain Showers | actual dense Overcast | Fog | Fogbanks as in D4 | Dusk | Dusk with Overcast | Daytime wet road no rain, ...

• Click to show your support to this request.
    • VOID X _ click if you cannot read. (I'm using the Poll as a Petition System)

Just drove the weekly Event in Wales and it dawned upon me, what is wrong with Wales IMHO. Cause currently, especially when conditions are picked by the system automatically (career, community events), Wales ranks in as my least favorite Location, right below Germany. And that despite it being my favorite in DR1.

The problem for me is the mood. In DR1 Wales was a misty Forest with moody hills, you felt like being in remote british backcountry. That is mostly gone now.
Heavy Rain during Sunset still has Sun shining, daytime is bright and well lit, Rain during day still looks very colorful. And that's it, the lack of conditions really bothers me.
The only Rain is Heavy, that should be like a special occasion, like you are just so unlucky the rain started going heavy when your time is up. But now it is 50% of the whole Rally, which makes it all feel 'gamey'.
As soon as it dries the only option can be Sunset. It's always shining when drying. There is no Dusk. There is no Fog. There is no light Rain.
And where are those nice Fogbank-conditions, that were in D4?
Half the time it feels like this road could also be in Finland, just more windy than usual. It is missing the welsh Vibe.

The only times I feel the mood is like Rally Wales is during full Nighttime right now.

Don't get me wrong, the driving is as best as ever, wet feels properly slippery now and the stages are as technical as always.

I really hope there will be a Weather update for Wales down the line, to make it one of the favorites again.

DR1

C4_Wales_02_B.png.dc1fdfccc4a494502d1cff365a36f228.png

D4:

image.thumb.png.773b678c20cf1e2b387c271f542a0572.png

DR2:

DR2_Wales-8.thumb.jpg.a8612eb52b2335b4538eb28f255c5962.jpg

all official pictures,

• Agree 3

there's also no Dusk. it's the first location without it, and I am concerned that future rally locations won't have it either. 

there's not enough times of day as it is. going from 4 down to 3 is not good.

• Agree 2

I do agree with the OP who has put it very well. Wales has lost a good amount of 'moodiness'.

Extra times of day and conditions for stages across the board would be a wonderful addition (we desperately need 'morning' stages at the very least). But I fear it's in the 'too many resources required, not enough pay-off' basket.

Wales would be a great contender for a first such update though, as @SkyRex has outlined.

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Agree 1

Yup at least dry dusk, heavy rain dusk, and dry and wet midday overcast / foggy.

I just got the game, and yes, wales in dirt rally 1 looks so much better than in dirt rally 2 also, not just the mood, the textures on the track itself look bad compared to dirt rally 1, real shame, i hope when i try other tracks in dirt rally 2, they look better.