Default Setups and Traction

Hi guys,

I currently use no assists (other than corner racing line) and don't want to go back to turning on medium TC.

I race in a league which only allows the pre-set setups. Most tracks I find setup 3 is the way to go but I do struggle with losing rear traction. It just feels a bit random, the FFB through the wheel doesnt really give any warning so it feels like a constant risk.

The only settings I can change are those allowed in the MFD - has anyone got any advice on what might help dial out the rear traction issues?

Assuming your not allowed to remove front wing at a pitstop i would probably bind two buttons to increase the on diff and decrease the diff so you can stabilize the car in the appropriate corners around that lap.

Or go into the options menu and add some linearity to the throttle so it's not so sensitive on initial input.

I can lower the front wing if needed.

Wouldn't this decrease down force though?

It will make the turn in less responsive which "may" stop the rear end coming around.

It depends on what type of corners your struggling with really and where your losing traction.

Almost all slow corners.

Hockenhein turn 6 (hairpin). Span 3 times on 50% race

Bahrein turn 8 (1 time)

Hockenheim turn 1 (1 time)

Just unpredictable. Even go in on higher gears. (Gear 3) but when it picks up rpm a little to quick it's gone.

Like to hear your opinion

Agree that adding throttle linearity will help.

Also reduce on throttle diff to lowest (50%) through the MFD if you’re struggling putting the power down out of corners.

Are you sure? Less diff lock means more acceleration on throttle right? Regardless when you are still turning or allready on a straight line = losing the rear.

So shouldn't it be the way around?

2 hours ago, Justinsj said:

Are you sure? Less diff lock means more acceleration on throttle right? Regardless when you are still turning or allready on a straight line = losing the rear.

So shouldn't it be the way around?

Its that the wheels are more unlocked which then assists in turning the car with a so called "more gradual loss of traction".

I know you say about not wanting to go back to medium TC but personally i don't actually feel like driving on this game with no TC is remotely close to what its like in a real F1 car so i wouldn't ignore the opportunity to go back to medium TC especially if you were having more fun with the game using it.