Pad vs Wheel completely broken?

2 hours ago, nickanuu said:

"Lenkrad! Hey !!"

Mir ist genau dasselbe aufgefallen. Versuchte es auf dem Pad und es ist ein ganz anderes Spiel. Ich habe F1 2016 einen Monat lang auf einem Pad gespielt, seitdem benutze ich ein Rad. Jetzt habe ich in tt verglichen und ich war innerhalb von 0,1 Sekunden ohne Unterstützung auf dem Pad.

Ein Spiel dieser Art (also keine Sim) sollte je nach Ausrüstung nicht einfacher sein. Im Wesentlichen - Warum sollte ein Setup für eine bestimmte Spur je nach Rad oder Pad geändert werden? Ich habe einen massiven Verlust des vorderen Griffs in der Mitte der Kurve an einem Rad, aber nicht mit dem Pad? Das Auto wird nicht so schnell anhalten, egal was ich versuche.

Etwas ist seltsam. Entweder ist es im Spiel oder meine Ausrüstung. Aber was ändere ich und warum? UND wie kommt es, dass andere dasselbe Problem haben und nicht dasselbe Problem mit der F1 2018?

The game is to blame. Definitely not an equipment. Faya and Codemasters have known this for MONTHS. @Faya

When will the advantage of the pad rider finally be adjusted?
All players must be treated equally.

• Agree 1

On 8/20/2019 at 11:40 AM, SturmDesTodes said:

Assists should never match no assists in terms of speed.

It needs to be at least 4 seconds off the pace if full assists are being used and around 1,5 - 2 seconds off the pace if minimal assists are being used.

Else, except of course of immersion, there is no reason to run no assists in terms of competition, because no assists drivers will be at a disadvantage.

THIS.

Pad seems to have a inbuild TC and ABS.

From my testings i was able to find out that it is much easier to lose traction and or lock up the tyres on the wheel,  whereas on the pad it is very hard to lose traction or lock up at all.

Fun fact, the simple 180° spin to recover from going off the track is much easier on the wheel, but in contrary wet weather conditions make the pad a much easier companion.

All in all, over a whole race weekend the pad is a lot less stressful to drive with.

Imo the pad should be at least 0,8 seconds off the pace compared to the wheel, else there is no reason to go and buy a wheel except of immersion.

Assist should be a stepping stone to none assist so yea it should be a bit slower not a great amount so everyone moves of it in time.

Not everyone can use a pad, there are many reasons to buy a wheel.

@Faya
@Codemasters

What's new about the balance change between pad and wheel?

After the update to 1.09 I also noticed that I have reduced downforce and overall pace with me wheel. Everything feels understeery. I have the CSL Elite+ and V3 Pedals by Fanatec and play on PS4 Pro.

The problem with the force distribution Wheel / Pad started with the 1.05 patch!

Affects all wheels, such as Fanatec CSL Elite / Fanatec Direct Drive .....

Of course, we will not receive an answer. Not even by Faya. What else can we say about this? An absolute naughtiness. 

One can only hope that all developers will become unemployed very quickly and someone more competent will make this F1 game better. Faya also throw out right away. Answer party-grabbing, inconsequential questions. The community doesn't need such mod. 

The pad isn't inherently faster. I'm a former pad user. 6 years xp with codemaster f1 games with the pad. 5 months xp with wheel. Just started this April with the wheel.  I'm pretty much equal with wheel after some practice. The reality is that your pace is your pace. If your pace is slower than your competitors, then you have some work to do. Look inwards and stop trying to blame the input device. Codemaster's has done an ok job at making it so that the instrument used to drive, pad vs wheel, isn't a major determining factor when it comes to how fast you can go around the track. The exception for that is if you're a poor soul who has neither pad nor wheel and you use the keyboard to drive. If someone is faster than you with a pad. Then given 1-2 months practice with a wheel and using their feet instead of fingers. They would still be faster than you. Same vice versa. If they were already slower than you. They'd still be slower making the switch. Getting a wheel for this game doesn't make you faster. It's only easier to be more consistent and easier to save the car if a mistake was made. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, kobra167 said:

The pad isn't inherently faster. I'm a former pad user. 6 years xp with codemaster f1 games with the pad. 5 months xp with wheel. Just started this April with the wheel.  I'm pretty much equal with wheel after some practice. The reality is that your pace is your pace. If your pace is slower than your competitors, then you have some work to do. Look inwards and stop trying to blame the input device. Codemaster's has done an ok job at making it so that the instrument used to drive, pad vs wheel, isn't a major determining factor when it comes to how fast you can go around the track. The exception for that is if you're a poor soul who has neither pad nor wheel and you use the keyboard to drive. If someone is faster than you with a pad. Then given 1-2 months practice with a wheel and using their feet instead of fingers. They would still be faster than you. Same vice versa. If they were already slower than you. They'd still be slower making the switch. Getting a wheel for this game doesn't make you faster. It's only easier to be more consistent and easier to save the car if a mistake was made. 

man, 

I've been running since 2010, I know the situation well. and talking to pilots today who run in the esport and run with the pad, an Australian to be exact. confirmed to me that the balance is not perfectly fair. Now that you use the steering wheel instead of the pad and it took you a little to do the times before, there are 2 things: 1) you are really good at adapting 2) IF you used the aid first with the pad, use it now with the steering wheel. anyway there is always something to improve, be it pad or steering wheel to be at the highest levels, without crying on yourself. the mystery revealed in a certain sense. 🙂

Edited by advanceapple