Pad vs Wheel completely broken?

So I'm on ps4 with a G29 and massively struggling with 2019. I've used the g29 since f1 2017 and whilst my pace on 17/18 was similar, on 19 I'm nowhere near my usual rivals in my league racing.

So I tried the pad for the first time since 16 and on literally my first lap I was quicker on pad! The car feels completely different, like someone's just bundled on 100s of kilos of extra downforce. 

How is it possible that I've been quick on the wheel for two games and suddenly this year I can go instantly quicker on a pad I haven't used for 3 years?!

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

I have the same problems. F1 2019 is absolutely unfair pad/wheel. This will be my last F1 game I bought from Codemasters.

Ich habe die selben probleme. F1 2019 ist absolut unfair Pad/Wheel. Das wird mein letztes F1 Spiel sein, das ich von Codemasters gekauft habe. 

• Agree 2

Was you using TC @FrettyST52? I know that helps out a lot. If not though, can you do some testing and record it some how or stream it. Times would be great as well.  

Whether Tc full, medium or off. Whether setup or not. It doesn't matter if different steering wheel settings are tested. It always remains the same result. Compared to pad drivers we have wheel drivers disadvantages. 1-1.5 seconds slower with wheel. It cannot be corrected and is very unfair from CM to not correct such things.

Egal ob Tc voll, mittel oder aus. Egal ob setup oder nicht. Egal ob diverse Lenkradeinstellungen getestet werden. Es bleibt immer das selbe Ergebniss. Gegenüber Pad fahrer haben wir Wheel fahrer nachteile. 1-1.5 Sekunden langsamer mit Wheel. Es lässt sich nicht korrigieren und ist sehr unfair von CM sowas nicht zu korrigieren. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Yes, there is a big mistake in programming.
The advantage of pad drivers has become so big, that can only be a mistake.
Please correct this! many thanks

• Disagree 2

There's now way there's that much of a gap @Techstyler81. Is there anyway to tell who is using a wheel vs pad in the TT's? That time gap though, got me thinking and worried. Not good. 

Fast riders with pad now dominate everything.
And slow riders with pad are now suddenly in midfield

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

41 minutes ago, LILLHELM said:

Fast riders with pad now dominate everything.
And slow riders with pad are now suddenly in midfield

Give me a slower wheel than a pad for a racing game any day.

This makes sense. Put that on top of advantages exterior cam and assist users have, it is pointless for sim racers to go into public lobbies, especially ranked. 

We didn't found any problems between PAD/Wheel in our league. The fast guys are always fast, the medium guys are still in the midfield and the slow guys are the backend. Some are using PAD's and some wheels. Nothing changed for us.

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

Wir haben keine Probleme zwischen PAD / Wheel in unserer Liga gefunden. Die schnellen Jungs sind immer schnell, die mittleren Jungs sind immer noch im Mittelfeld und die langsamen Jungs sind das Backend. Einige verwenden PADs und einige Räder. Für uns hat sich nichts geändert.

Which wheel do you use? Would it be possible to post settings from Logitech g29?

I don't have a G29. I use an Accuforce Pro v2. It is an direct drive wheel. Before i had a G27, but i didn't know the settings anymore.

45 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

Ich habe kein G29. Ich benutze eine Accuforce Pro v2. Es ist ein Direktantriebsrad. Bevor ich ein G27 hatte, kannte ich die Einstellungen nicht mehr.

Maybe someone from the group you're driving a g29 with. Then we could compare the settings. But I suspect it's the game. And it's not the wheel that makes the difference. But there is definitely a difference.

9 minutes ago, Techstyler81 said:

Maybe someone from the group you're driving a g29 with. Then we could compare the settings. But I suspect it's the game. And it's not the wheel that makes the difference. But there is definitely a difference.

I can ask someone, but why is the G29 so important? A few posts before you wrote it doesn't matter if different steering wheel settings are tested and F1 2019 is absolutely unfair. All what i say is, in our league we didn't find any advantage or disadvantage after patches for PAD or wheel players. After 1.07 it is the same like before. That is our feeling.

What i have learned in this forum over the last years is, many people are fast complaining possible bugs or failure, but the fewest are ever proofed.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

Ich kann jemanden fragen, aber warum ist das G29 so wichtig? Ein paar Posts bevor du geschrieben hast ist es egal, ob verschiedene Lenkradeinstellungen getestet wurden und F1 2019 absolut unfair ist. Alles was ich sage ist, dass wir in unserer Liga nach Patches für PAD- oder Wheel-Spieler keinen Vorteil oder Nachteil gefunden haben. Nach 1.07 ist es dasselbe wie zuvor. Das ist unser Gefühl.

Was ich in den letzten Jahren in diesem Forum gelernt habe, ist, dass viele Leute sich schnell über mögliche Bugs oder Fehler beschweren, aber die wenigsten werden jemals überprüft.

It would be interesting to see which settings could lead to the problem being solved. After all, that would be an approach to find a solution. But as I said, it will most likely be down to the game itself. I can't explain the big difference any other way. I am now driving the 9th year Codemasters F1. But the difference between PAD / Wheel has never been so massive.

Hmmm.......we have a pad racer absolutely dominating our league this year (1 second a lap faster than everyone).  But then again pad users have always generally dominated our league.  We have guys that own a wheel, but race competitively with a pad instead because it's quicker.  Always has been.  In fact we have a guy who is a professional race car driver who last season was 1 second a lap faster than all....on the pad.  This year he has a wheel and is back with the rest of us.

Some sort of definitive proof would be nice on this as it's a pretty big issue.  Big enough that leagues may start opting for 'wheel only' or 'pad only' races.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

think of 2014 on ps3. In the first place I used the pad and I didn't believe the rumors that said the pad had more grip than expected compared to a wheel. this year it seems that the codes of the pad are as much as those of 2014 at first sight and will remain so until the end. therefore we must put the soul in peace and try to mend the gap that the codies have created.

47 minutes ago, advanceapple said:

denke an 2014 auf ps3. Zuerst habe ich das Pad benutzt und ich habe den Gerüchten nicht geglaubt, dass das Pad mehr Grip als erwartet im Vergleich zu einem Rad hat. In diesem Jahr scheinen die Codes des Pads genauso hoch zu sein wie auf den ersten Blick 2014 und werden es bis zum Ende bleiben. Deshalb müssen wir die Seele in Frieden bringen und versuchen, die Lücke zu schließen, die die Körper geschaffen haben.

I don't think it's possible to close the gap. I'm experienced in F1 games and setups. But I still miss almost 0.3-0.8 seconds on pad driver.

Same problem in our league.. We have fir example one driver wich drives with pad and last season he drove in our assist league and won the championship by 5 points.. Now he is driving at the no assist League where i am driving to and i have 9 years f1 experience and 17 years online racing experience and the pad driver is now 4-5 tenth quicker than all we others in the league... Also on the start and rain the pad drivers has an advantage their too

Looks a little bit different in our league. We have seven PC leagues and in each of them the wheel drivers are at the top.

It would be interesting to have a definitive answer here. At minimum, it could show who used pad and who uses wheel like PCars does.

Forza gives a distinct advantage to pad users. Considering this is basically Forza F1, I don't see why it would be any different.

3 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

Looks a little bit different in our league. We have seven PC leagues and in each of them the wheel drivers are at the top.

Yeah on PC... I think we others are talking about console wherw the pad is the standard input device bit still redicilious to spend 600 euros on a wheel and than you are slower as pad 🤔