How to make a good start with traction control.

First, I'm sorry for using a translator, but I'm not fluent in English. I wonder if there is any tip to make a good start with the traction control enabled, or is it really a punishment for those using this assistance?
I think it's fair to play online, but for career mode there should be a way to be able to start as efficiently as off-traction.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, caiocrq said:

First, I'm sorry for using a translator, but I'm not fluent in English. I wonder if there is any tip to make a good start with the traction control enabled, or is it really a punishment for those using this assistance?
I think it's fair to play online, but for career mode there should be a way to be able to start as efficiently as off-traction.

When I was using traction control, yes, the start is a punishment, nothing to do. Without traction control (or medium) it is much more balanced

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DaddeRagaz said:

Quando eu estava usando o controle de tração, sim, o começo é uma punição, nada a fazer. Sem controle de tração (ou médio) é muito mais equilibrado

Codemasters should give some thought to who plays assists. In career mode there is no reason for punishment as we are playing with the machine. It is frustrating to always start badly. No use doing pole position, we will always lose 2 or more positions. As I said, Online is fair, but not in career mode. It would be nice if CM rethought it.

• Agree 1

Please CM, this is absolutely ridiculous.

I’m’playing medium TC and losing several places on start. Could you have a look at it?

Even with AI set to 0%, you are not able to get a decent start.

Thanks.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, philappleraily said:

I’m’playing medium TC and losing several places on start. Could you have a look at it?

Thanks.

I can get starts that are pretty good using med TC but you can get better ones without TC at all. 

Another question? Do you do the formation lap? If you skip this without going to the end and warming up your tyres, you will start on fully cold tyres. Just watched a vid from tiametmarduk and he was questioning why his stats were so poor - this was the reason. 

2 minutes ago, johnboy83 said:

I can get starts that are pretty good using med TC but you can get better ones without TC at all. 

Another question? Do you do the formation lap? If you skip this without going to the end and warming up your tyres, you will start on fully cold tyres. Just watched a vid from tiametmarduk and he was questioning why his stats were so poor - this was the reason. 

I always make formation lap and warm up my tyres. I’ve tried ERS to 3 and fuel mix to poor, short shifting, everything. This is normal you cannot do decent start against AI at 0%.

Erm... don't use TC if you don't like the effect it has...

If you really want the advantage of not having it at the start, but also the advantage of having it afterwards, then just pause the game after the start and switch it on.

But come on, not really a big issue for CM to address here is there?

I'm on a wheel and I don't use any assists. I had the same issue as you at first @caiocrq, but not anymore. Just practice on your starts. My starts are fine now. Sometimes I'll light the tires up but that's it. I don't two or three spots anymore. You just got to practice.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Erm ... não use o TC se você não gostar do efeito que ele tem ...

Se você realmente quer a vantagem de não tê-lo no começo, mas também a vantagem de tê-lo depois, então apenas pause o jogo após o início e ligue-o.

Mas vamos lá, não é realmente um grande problema para CM abordar aqui está lá?

I've tried to play without traction control, but I can't do it at all. So it's not an option for me. And I don't always want to drop like a turtle. And again, I'm not complaining about online, just career mode. For online mode I think it's fair, but for career mode it's just frustrating for those who can't play without traction control.

1 hour ago, Striker_703 said:

Estou em uma roda e não uso assistências. Eu tive o mesmo problema que você no início @caiocrq , mas não mais. Apenas pratique em suas partidas. Minhas partidas estão bem agora. Às vezes eu acendo os pneus, mas é isso. Eu não faço mais dois ou três pontos. Você só tem que praticar.  

I've tried everything, but with the traction control I can't do it at all. I have to put in the middle to start a little better and then back to full.

10 hours ago, philappleraily said:

Thanks.

Using a wheel back when i used medium TC I never once lost any positions from a bad start. ( down the straight  )

Don't tend to gain many either mind.

Cool. Now it's down to RMP at launch. If the rev lights on when you're about to launch lower the revs. It should help you get off the stating line better. It has helped me a great deal. 

Load up a grand prix, start race, do start.

Pause game, click on restart session and redo the start and just keep on practicing.

I use medium tc. it helps if you use manual gears too. I also found on this year's game u can go 100% on throttle and not spin out on manual starts. Like he said above go into gran prix mode and keep restarting ur starts to u figured it out.

I see 2 issues and 3 solutions to your problem.

One issue is that you currently can't, and or possibly don't want to, use no TC, which is fine itself, but you have to accept to not get perfect starts as a result.

If you want perfect starts, go and try to drive with no assists.

The other issue is that the AI this year do have much better starts than last year.

Solutions:

1. Try lowering AI difficulty.

2. Try and practice No TC, grind it until you get the hang of it, rinse and repeat to perfection.

It is not as difficult as people make it out to be, i learned no assists driving in a single day and perfected it in a week back in F1 2012 and never used any assists ever again.

3. Codemasters could and should make the AI have more variable starts.

At the moment most AI opponents on the grid do tend to have perfect or good starts more often than not and poor AI starts are a rarity.

Hopefully Codemasters can address this issue and make the AI a bit less perfect.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Codemasters could and should make the AI have more variable starts.

Indeed and miss the apex from time to time. AI is so perfect this year.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The AI is programmed to make mistakes, be aggressive and up to race right out of the box@philappleraily The AI will always be good at driving no matter what conditions. You just got to do the same. I've been sim-racing for more than thirty years with real world weekend racing for fifteen of those years. It's harder to pick up time in the sim than it is in a real car. It took me almost a year just to gain a second. During that year I learned a lot about my driving style in the sims. Now I can gain a second in now time once I'm comfortable. I did it last week whilst doing some testing. If you want to get faster, pay attention to the way you drive. Learn from it and learn from other sim racers. I have some of the top sim racers on my friends list. Some are local so we've raced in karts for fun. I'm faster than them in the real world they're faster than me here. 

Edited by Striker_703

Guys, my goal with this topic is to get CM to create alternatives to please all players. I don't have and don't want to learn to play without traction control. The option of traction control is right for us less experienced players. So creating an option so we can have a good start with this assistance would be most welcome in career mode. And that would not affect anyone who plays differently, it would just be one more option. I know the intention of the majority here is to help, but it sounds even a little selfish to say "train to play without assistance". Remember, the game should please everyone and I know this is the intention of CM. That's why she created the complete Traction Control. But the feature may not be a problem for the player in career mode starts.

8 minutes ago, caiocrq said:

Guys, my goal with this topic is to get CM to create alternatives to please all players. I don't have and don't want to learn to play without traction control. The option of traction control is right for us less experienced players. So creating an option so we can have a good start with this assistance would be most welcome in career mode. And that would not affect anyone who plays differently, it would just be one more option. I know the intention of the majority here is to help, but it sounds even a little selfish to say "train to play without assistance". Remember, the game should please everyone and I know this is the intention of CM. That's why she created the complete Traction Control. But the feature may not be a problem for the player in career mode starts.

The problem you will have is the game is designed that a car driving around a lap using no TC is quicker than Medium TC and Medium TC is quicker than full TC.

This is right for the player and the way it should be. It's a reward for improving your ability.

The problem is that this affects the starts for people using TC but if all Traction settings were the same it would then cause problems with the game meaning cars using full traction control would then be faster around a lap than people not using TC which wouldnt make sense and everyone would be using full TC.

I understand your frustration though.

14 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

O problema que você terá é que o jogo é projetado para que um carro dirigindo em torno de uma volta usando nenhum TC seja mais rápido do que o Médio TC e o Médio TC seja mais rápido que o TC completo.

Isso é certo para o jogador e do jeito que deveria ser. É uma recompensa por melhorar sua habilidade.

O problema é que isso afeta os iniciantes para as pessoas usando TC, mas se todas as configurações de tração fossem as mesmas, causaria problemas com o jogo, significando que carros usando controle total de tração seriam mais rápidos em torno de uma volta do que pessoas sem TC, o que não faria sentido e todos estariam usando o TC completo.

Eu entendo sua frustração embora.

But you see, I'm just talking about starting, and for a game mode. This would not work for online mode. It would be something like an assistance until the first corner.

Hy all,

I also use tc and some other assits. My starts also really bad. 1-2 places lost after the start. But if I really aggressive I am able to recover 1-2 places in the first corner. 

But I think that's not an option here. So what is the perfect RPM for the start? I tried a lot of different solution. Half percent, 90 percent, between the two above... But I just cannot find the best. And I mean if I still lose 1-2 places it is fine. I just want to know that what is the best RPM for start?

@caiocrqare you using the trigger as throttle and break? I know it may seem hard to get that progressive feel in the throttle, but can do it. Trust me I just tried. Practice squeezing the trigger. You'll get it. 🏎️