DiRT Rally 2.0 - Seasons 3 & 4

PJ, are we getting McRaes MK2 Golf  kit Car or the MK3 ? 

thanks im sooooooooo psyched !

1 minute ago, JorritVD said:

Actually I am suprised they went for the scratch made Killarney track instead of the maybe more easy to build Spa F1 RX track.

Yeah. As much as the OCD side of me wants them to give us a complete 2018 season, I am not that bothered about missing out on CotA! 

Possibly off topic, but I wonder if they will ever refresh Mettet, or that is it for that circuit? 

9 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Possibly off topic, but I wonder if they will ever refresh Mettet, or that is it for that circuit? 

In what sense does it require refreshment?

I still hope they'll unlock the alternate layouts for DiRT4 WRX ones.

Posted (edited)

Guys, keep in mind it's getting a lot harder to license Spa as of current. Gran Turismo Sport doesn't have it due to them upping licensing costs of their circuit.

Edited by StratosZero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chukonu said:

In what sense does it require refreshment?

I don't think it is right: there is nowhere near enough elevation change. 

So given how much you like to recycle content, I assume I'll get a refund from getting the Deluxe Edition and most of this content will be free for owners of the original Dirt Rally.

• Haha 3
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)

Yeah, thanks for your hard work. 

So can you tell me is there any hope of season 5 and 6? You know I just want more rally stages.

BTW, you said CM are working on a new title, is it a race game or else?

Edited by azakamifujino
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Great news for rally fans :classic_cool:

What is price for Season 3 ?
I have deluxe so I don´t see prices (for S01 & S02) at PS store.

Seems that there is still autumn at Finland.
Neste Rally Finland is at start of august and it´s still summer, so no yellow leafs.

Neste Rally Finland.jpg

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, MJV1973 said:

What is price for Season 3 ?
I have deluxe so I don´t see prices (for S01 & S02) at PS store.

The Deluxe package (as an add on) was £21.99, so perhaps a similar price for Seasons 3 & 4? 

Just now, tbtstt said:

The Deluxe package (as an add on) was £21.99, so perhaps a similar price for Seasons 3 & 4? 

I´ll buy only season 3, not so interested about RX content.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MJV1973 said:

I´ll buy only season 3, not so interested about RX content.

That's fair enough. If the Deluxe package price is about right, then maybe £12 or so per season? 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, MJV1973 said:

Seems that there is still autumn at Finland.
Neste Rally Finland is at start of august and it´s still summer, so no yellow leafs.

But this isn't Neste Rally Finland. That's in the WRC game. This is just a road in Finland that happens to be included in Neste Rally Finland

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, KingOfCoins said:

This is just a road in Finland that happens to be included in Neste Rally Finland

Oh, what a coincidence :classic_ohmy: 
No matter color of leafs, already waiting november 5:th :classic_happy:

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, KingOfCoins said:

But this isn't Neste Rally Finland. That's in the WRC game. This is just a road in Finland that happens to be included in Neste Rally Finland

What an important difference that is. No sarcasm. One is a lawsuit, the other is just public domain.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MJV1973 said:

No matter color of leafs, already waiting november 5:th :classic_happy:

+1. Can't wait to hit the Finnish stages with DR2 physics. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

glad that Greece in particular and also Finland are coming with the updated graphics and physics/handling. but not entirely sure how i feel tbh. they're essentially selling everyone DR1 twice

Then don't buy it, stay on playing those locations in DR1.

Personally I see nothing wrong in this. The fact those locations were in DR1 doesn't mean they are just copied to DR2 without any work.
Those are ported and improved. Note, that the price for those locations is pretty small too.

I'm glad I can have all those locations available in recent title (with recent gfx engine, recent physics, even recent co-pilot I like more), so I have no need to to jump between titles.

Watching those screenshots, I'm really satisfied the colour palette of those locations has been maintained. Original tracks from DR2 are IMO oversaturated.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Dirt rally 2 really?....or Dirt Recicled Rally?.

What a joke. 

Complete Game = 120€ . Shame

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 3

30 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

That's fair enough. If the Deluxe package price is about right, then maybe £12 or so per season? 

The cynic in me says that they won't be available individually. 

3 minutes ago, Decks said:

I think the individual components of seasons one and two were available individually, aren't they? (Though probably quite expensive to buy them that way)

2 minutes ago, Decks said:

Seems you´re right:

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/08/seasons-3-4-of-dirt-rally-2-0-are-on-the-way/

Here’s an overview of what you’ll find in Seasons 3 & 4 of DiRT Rally 2.0. All content is available individually or as part of the Seasons 3 & 4 Deluxe Content Pack.

If you’re a Standard Edition player you can receive all 4 Seasons of content with the DiRT Rally 2.0 Year Pass.

If you’ve yet to pick up DiRT Rally 2.0 the Super Deluxe Edition will get you everything from Seasons 1-4, along with the base game!

The original Deluxe Edition of DiRT Rally 2.0 contains Seasons 1 & 2 only, as does the original Deluxe Content pack.

Check your platform’s storefront in the near future for all of these.

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

The game's close enough to reality that people are mistaking photos for screens 😄

Anything with the RX watermark are photos provided to us by World RX.

thanks for the clarification re: the Subaru livery.

and not gonna lie i actually stopped scrolling at the Rx pics and had to do a double-take to check if they were screenshots or real-life shots.

Posted (edited)

I have no problem paying for recycled dirt rally 1 content that I really like, but come on! Give me a new rally location that justifies the purchase of the full season pass. 

@PJTierney, We really won't have a new rally location? I can't understand it, if they include it in week 7 (empty), the season 3 and 4 pass would sell like hot cakes!

Edited by elrojodp8
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Tranzitive said:

and not gonna lie i actually stopped scrolling at the Rx pics and had to do a double-take to check if they were screenshots or real-life shots.

Ha, so did I! It was the Kevin Hansen shot that made me do a double take, as I thought "wow, they have modelled a driver in with glasses like Kevin"!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I have a question: WHY are some RX cars in Season 4 already exists in the game? Including Renault Megane R.S. RX, Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8), Peugeot 208 WRX, Audi S1 EKS RX quattro.

4 minutes ago, alwaysmzh said:

I have a question: WHY are some RX cars in Season 4 already exists in the game? Including Renault Megane R.S. RX, Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8), Peugeot 208 WRX, Audi S1 EKS RX quattro.

Those are the 2018 versions of the cars, the Season 4 cars are the 2019 versions of those models. 

Of the four you have listed the Mk.8 Fiesta has the most changes in 2019. The Megane has had a few cosmetic tweaks and the Pug 208 and EKS S1 have only had a few minor improvements made under the skin. 

The addition of the 2019 versions is something that I imagine is only going to appeal to the most die-hard rallycross fans.