Cheating

@RosAlfonz. 9 times out of 10 situations where the opponent seems to be unaffected by the game physics are bot's.

CM occasionally puts them into an ugly roller derby mode where you get bashed in grid and Sprint races (now...).

How anyone at CM can think progamming bot's to have unfair advantage - instantaneous acceleration,  run off track unaffected, ram, block  - is providing a good user experience is beyond me.

I see there have been a few updates since I last played that have made literally zero difference in the cheating.  Honestly, how hard is it to give a penalty to some hack that swerves over to hit you going down a straight? It’s not. Yet, people still do it. No penalty.

just had a grid start duel. My German track record is 1:09. My opponent just had a 1:08 in a GRID START DUEL. Performance rating 300 under mine. C’mon codemasters. That’s just ridiculous.

Who thought it was a good idea to have bot cars go the speed of light down the straight and slower than continental drift in the corners?

• Agree 1

I finally reached League 1 🙄 and encountered a superior form of crashing cheater.

In one Sochi duel race at the grid start he was in front so I pulled in behind him as he set off. On the straight he braked hard, just as I swerved to overtake him, he missed me! 🙂.

However having a faster car he chased me down the long straight and attempted to spear me at the first turn. He clipped me but I corrected and stayed on the track and he went straight on.

I was now away until I was a little too bold during Bot passing which put me on the inside of a bend (cut cirner) and got the dreaded engine cut.  

Moments later he was on me again. Two side swipes later he was still trying to push me off.  He had no interest in racing.  

Eventually he ran wide at the bridge over the track corner and I cruised home to win.

His car was far better than mine. He was from a higher league. Why all the stupidity?  Why not just race?   

I hope in F1 2020 Codemasters can sort this sort if play. 

I think the crazy bots go into overdrive after hitting 5000 points. Prior to that, pretty smooth. 

51 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

Highly likely that was a bot opponent @ASFiguana

Can anyone explain to me why Codemasters would programme a Bot to try and take out human drivers? 

I can understand them holding their line on bends but to deliberately drive into an opponent? 

Besides, this guy was in the 2600 cups. Surely not a bot? Maybe a human having a bad day?

12 hours ago, ASFiguana said:

Can anyone explain to me why Codemasters would programme a Bot to try and take out human drivers? 

I can understand them holding their line on bends but to deliberately drive into an opponent? 

Besides, this guy was in the 2600 cups. Surely not a bot? Maybe a human having a bad day?

Good question. 

Multiple players have posted video racing each other where the video is very different on two ends of the same race.

Think about it, given connection lag and server response time, it is not plausible to have a realtime game between two human opponents. Even more so in Grid starts.   The opponents are AI intended to give the illusion of a real-time player.  Clues include not seeing corner cut messages when they run off track and performance outside the bounds of the game physics. Maybe sometimes (quali) you are racing against a real opponents data file.

The game is designed to make you think you are playing with a human, so the opponent AI are programmed to occasionally behave badly. Sometimes so bad they are undefeatable, like a Boss in an arcade game.  

Whoever programmed the bad bots is an evil genius given how well they pi$$ people off 🤣

Edited by StKnowhere

why do they all have some legentary  cart and at least 1600 r & d and i on elit 1 only 1100? Every time when I racing with 1000-1100 I win, but with 1600-1800 have a big difference at the speed 

7 hours ago, 000640 said:

why do they all have some legentary  cart and at least 1600 r & d and i on elit 1 only 1100? Every time when I racing with 1000-1100 I win, but with 1600-1800 have a big difference at the speed 

Your setup isn’t determined by how many points you are using ie either 1600 or 1100 but rather on which parts you are using, for eg when you setup with 1100 maybe you using more aero and when you setup with 1600 maybe you using more power or brakes both of which are only used on certain tracks and don’t give you much in the handling or aero where you get either cornering advantage or top speed advantage.

To explain the areas easiest. Aero = top end speed. Aero = cornering better. Power = acceleration up hills or for brief gain out of corners, useful with Mona for eg. Brakes = no one really uses this as it only improves braking distance and no one has really seen on F1 mobile any gain on being able to brake better.

But for a better F1 racing experience go look at RR3

On 11/29/2019 at 8:39 AM, Pete74786 said:

Your setup isn’t determined by how many points you are using ie either 1600 or 1100 but rather on which parts you are using, for eg when you setup with 1100 maybe you using more aero and when you setup with 1600 maybe you using more power or brakes both of which are only used on certain tracks and don’t give you much in the handling or aero where you get either cornering advantage or top speed advantage.

To explain the areas easiest. Aero = top end speed. Aero = cornering better. Power = acceleration up hills or for brief gain out of corners, useful with Mona for eg. Brakes = no one really uses this as it only improves braking distance and no one has really seen on F1 mobile any gain on being able to brake better.

But for a better F1 racing experience go look at RR3

i understand what you say and i know the game because i'm playing time, it has all the legentary and 6 red cards closed so i can do with any combination not to exceed 1160 i see the end of duels all with adjustment  aero handling but they have about 1600-1800.  i try but understand what everyone else is doing and not me!

im on elite 1 and 44 r&d point legendary (yellow) cart.

unless everyone else has given money and opened cards that are closed to me but it makes me realize that 9 out of 10 have about these features and the same emphasis on the aero and handling as I said before. 😔

Edited by 000640

4 hours ago, elimmel said:

Your r&d max is only 44? Long way to go .... being in elite 1 is nothing really. 

everyone I play with is 1600-1800 it's very hard to win them.  those who have up to 1300 almost win!

Edited by 000640

More Bogus junk:

lha42 is a filthy cheater in a grid or sprint duel. In the grid duels, he will immediately cut over and ram you every single time. No consequences. And then in a quali duel I just had with him at Abu Dhabi, he goes 1:22. My track record is 1:26. He performance rating is almost virtually equal in number and pattern.  There is simply no way to do that track in 1:22 unless you are simply not braking in some corners that absolutely demand it.

cmon codemasters. Do better.

I took a few days off thinking I'd come back and feel refreshed. No. I'm sick of the rubbish that is this game. I just lost eight straight races. I have a very well fitted out full aero Ferrari but even assuming I survive the smash up Derby aspect of the race I am still too slow to compete. There is no skill in this game when you're constantly shunted off the track at any random corner. I don't know how guys like CorsareNL reach the stage they get to, but I'm not buying into any paid systems for Codemasters to deliver this ****. Oh nice. Censored the word C for cat R for rat A for Apple and P for Peter. Honestly? what is this? Kindergarten?

Edited by Dr Zaius

After the Xmas update, it looks like back to the rubbish 2 updates back (and some). Lost 300 points in one session of endless dnf and 3rd sector spurts by bots in qualifying races. 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, F1Ken said:

More Bogus junk:

lha42 is a filthy cheater in a grid or sprint duel. In the grid duels, he will immediately cut over and ram you every single time. No consequences. And then in a quali duel I just had with him at Abu Dhabi, he goes 1:22. My track record is 1:26. He performance rating is almost virtually equal in number and pattern.  There is simply no way to do that track in 1:22 unless you are simply not braking in some corners that absolutely demand it.

cmon codemasters. Do better.

Most likely a bot.  I'm having luck staying behind, they tend to slow and try to crash you in sector 3, less successfully that a hit in the first turn.