Grid starts and sprints come down to who can cheat better. Quali is the only race worth racing.

At the start, if the guy starting in 6th immediately darts over and hits you, he should auto lose.

Cut the corner at the Nouvelle chicane at Monte Carlo? Auto lose.

Side by side down a straight and you ram your competitor? Auto lose.

• Agree 5

Completely agree. What a bunch of LOSERS. Can't win without cheating, even if they spend hundreds of dollars on their cars. 

• Agree 1

And spinning AI cars to use them as cannonballs against players ... ever if they are Bots ... there shouldn't be different rules.

• Agree 1

My Shanghai track record is 126.98. Just dueled against a bot that went 125.82. What’s the point of that? I’ve played long enough that when I lower a track record, it’s in very small increments. In this case, I would have to better it by more than a second. Cmon codemasters, that’s just ridiculous. Would have been better to just DNF.

Also, at this point in non-quali duels, everyone is basically forced to cheat. Since pushing your opponent off the track doesn’t result in a penalty most of the time, people do it. That forces everyone to do it. Cant be THAT hard to fix and yet, still not fixed.

lets see, what else? Baku, beating my opponent by over a second at the beginning of the last straight, still lose. I don’t care how high his performance rating is; if I’ve whipped him by over a second through all those corners, no way should that be a loss.

Bots - what’s with the insane speed on the straights and the crawling through corners? Again, been a problem since the beginning.

End of rant. For now.

• Sad 2

On 8/15/2019 at 12:11 PM, StKnowhere said:

Are you sure they are not Bots?

I must be extremely naive. I had never thought that perhaps Codemasters had programmed bots to cheat. The idea that they may have deliberately coded bots to rear end you at full speed as you are braking into a turn or pushing you off the track on the grid is really a very disturbing thought. I have always understood that the field of AI cars are not there to make your life easy, but if your opponent is a cheating bot, then this game has even less than the little credibility I gave it.

• Agree 1

No doubt in my mimd the bot's intentionally ram.  You can tell it is a bot when they bounce all around the track and even hit you after the start finish line.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

No doubt in my mimd the bot's intentionally ram.  You can tell it is a bot when they bounce all around the track and even hit you after the start finish line.

Does this seem to fall into a category I would describe as unethical or even immoral? Users give this company money for cars, helmets, credits, season passes and more. Essentially we pay staff wages. In return we should expect a fair and level playing field at least against our designated opponent, who we are led to believe is an actual representation of another competitor, if not in real time at least as a representation of that person's performance.

• Agree 1

Bots run off into the grass, where you supposedly meant to lose a lot of speed, and then come at you from the side like a freight train out of control and ram you

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Pete74786 said:

Bots run off into the grass, where you supposedly meant to lose a lot of speed, and then come at you from the side like a freight train out of control and ram you

Is this your opponent in a duel where this is happening? Or a you referring to the rest of the AI field?

3 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Is this your opponent in a duel where this is happening? Or a you referring to the rest of the AI field?

Am referring to rest of field, there seems to always be one that tries to wreck me, and if he misses tries to ambush any other car on the track 🤣

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Does this seem to fall into a category I would describe as unethical or even immoral? Users give this company money for cars, helmets, credits, season passes and more. Essentially we pay staff wages. In return we should expect a fair and level playing field at least against our designated opponent, who we are led to believe is an actual representation of another competitor, if not in real time at least as a representation of that person's performance.

Agree but you need to remember the French are the architects, a society designed to normalize everyone, there are no "A" students in France 🤣  

I think whoever programmed the AI is brilliant, very difficult to distinguish from a real player.

• Haha 1

I think the bots aren’t necessarily coded to cheat, but they will put you off the track if you battle them side by side and you take their line.

The actual cheating is done by live players, and to compete, you almost HAVE to cheat right back at them. My fav scenario is when someone cheats right at the start and I still come back and win. Usually once I pass them, they DNF. Weak.

one solution for grid start and sprint duels would be to make you opponent unable to affect you directly like it’s handled in quali duels.

• Like 1

Events Leaderboard changed 6 days ago.

I went from 19-20 place to 10th.

I didn t see any explanation anywhere  from oficialls...

Does anyone knows anything about it?

Screenshot_20190913_113636_com.codemasters.F1Mobile.jpg

Its so lame that developers code bots to actually slow down and wait for you when they are ahead but can't code cheaters from ramming you in every possible scenario.

In duel grid starts every time the guy that starts from 6 crosses over, hits you and you get the penalty. ***?

At the end of the straight the same thing they just ram you and that's it, race over.

Side by side and the same thing.

After reading several posts it looks like the all of their games have had the same cheating issues since the beginning so its not going to change, its actually the way they design their games.

First and last codelamos game.

well, i think it’s great that they have balanced out some of the crashing / cheating in update 8.5.

oh hang on. that would appear to be a lie. 

Chris - why make a headline out of fixing a problem that you HAVEN’T FIXED. It’s not like we haven’t all told you what needs to be implemented - i.e. se fairly simple logic whereby if someone hits you following a massive swerve or from the back, or when they aren’t at least half a car length in front of you - that’s a penalty. And STOP CUTTING THE ENGINE OUT. Apply the penalty at the end of the race. You know. Just like in F1 which this game is supposed to represent.

OR

Introduce a proper damage model. you could even grade it by league so that newer players have a more bumper cars experience and by the time you get to elite leagues hitting someone destroys your wing / rips a wheel off / badly affects your ability to go forward - you know just like in F1.

same thing with qually - by elite league, exceeding track limits - lose. end of. but increase it to a best of 3 laps.

Edited by iainc
added bits
  • Agree 1

I think a damage mode or -5sec at final time is more fair. I think they know that everytime you're going to overtake a player from the inside of a curve and if he turn into you, YOU get the penalty. Pretty sure they know that players use this to make the other player receive the penalty, but they don't change it.

On 8/12/2019 at 8:38 PM, F1Ken said:

Grid starts and sprints come down to who can cheat better. Quali is the only race worth racing.

At the start, if the guy starting in 6th immediately darts over and hits you, he should auto lose.

Cut the corner at the Nouvelle chicane at Monte Carlo? Auto lose.

Side by side down a straight and you ram your competitor? Auto lose.

SUGGESTION - I recommend that Codemasters set it so human driven cars cannot impact on each other similar to ghost cars in quali duels but the car is fully seen as in a race. 

Then the pathetic "the hit your opponent" crew will be swerving straight off the track and leave the racers to race.  All else should be the same for AI cars and impacts with them. 

One other thing.  A ghost car in a Quali duel driven by a human called "ASK" PUSHED me off the track.  Is there a cheater's hack out there to make ghost cars solid??

Highly unlikely there's any "cheat" affecting play on you screen since the code is running on your device.

Much more likely to be experiencing a bug or AI in bad bot mode.

11 hours ago, ASFiguana said:

SUGGESTION - I recommend that Codemasters set it so human driven cars cannot impact on each other similar to ghost cars in quali duels but the car is fully seen as in a race. 

Then the pathetic "the hit your opponent" crew will be swerving straight off the track and leave the racers to race.  All else should be the same for AI cars and impacts with them. 

One other thing.  A ghost car in a Quali duel driven by a human called "ASK" PUSHED me off the track.  Is there a cheater's hack out there to make ghost cars solid??

That’s new. I’ve only encountered opponent’s car turning ghost in sprints and grid. Then they just slice through the field easily. 

Give us a qualifying only duel option, the only way to nerf the cheats.

if CM can’t sort the ramming and side swiping out in code, then give us the means to avoid  them....

Edited by jzhyc5

This bigger, side swiped me. Lol.....

So I did my usual, went wrong way around track and waited for him to come flying around a high speed corner and WHAM hit him head on and wiped him out, then went on to complete race and collect my WIN........ 😂😂😂

4E7FBF78-08FE-4076-AB12-32E99E3CC8F7.png

40 minutes ago, Pete74786 said:

So I did my usual, went wrong way around track and waited for him to come flying around a high speed corner and WHAM hit him head on and wiped him out, then went on to complete race and collect my WIN........ 😂😂😂

Clever idea.  I have not been able to achieve that yet. 

On 10/27/2019 at 2:55 PM, Pete74786 said:

😂 Wild! Car number 22 is typically used by bots, which are usually more indestructible than “human” rivals.

@CMF1mobile, look into this guy please. He won the race with this low setup by over 2.5 sec. I have low brake assist and didn’t make any mistake during the race. He cut corner and got even faster than me without being slowed down. Impossible!

9E13A4CC-E8AA-4A1A-BDD4-937B2C9837CB.png

C0CB9E48-A9E2-4BAA-8FEF-B2A55CED3726.png