Estering, Germany - Available Now

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

No update on Xbox yet, sorry.

This is rediculous, this has happened every dlc recently yet nothing is done about it. You would think they would learn by their mistakes, but no. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

We’re closing in on the end of day 2 now and still no fix for Xbox!! Any news?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I feel like I am a 2nd class gamer.

Steam-Players can use it.

PlayStation-Players can use it.

X-Box-Players can use it, if they buy it separately.

Only Deluxe Edition-Owners like me, who bought without even knowing whats coming, can't play it.

Happens with every DLC and we are every time the last, who can play it.

Thank you, Codemasters.

Not.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

I'm on xbox with deluxe and still cant get estering Germany unless I pay for it.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I bet WRC 8 won't have this issue with dlc, or Grid for that matter. 

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

I bet WRC 8 won't have this issue with dlc, or Grid for that matter. 

Very funny, hahaha. NOT. WRC 7 had non DLC after the release. GRiD is not released yet... 

And if you guys read well, it is not completly due to CM. It seems problems with both Sony and Microsoft stores not working properly.

9 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

And if you guys read well, it is not completly due to CM. It seems problems with both Sony and Microsoft stores not working properly.

No. Just no.

This excuse was ok the first time, maybe even second or third time, but it happens for months now, without any change.

This is completely Codemasters fault for not fixing it with their partners before it happens. It's not like we all didn't see that coming...

And I wouldn't be surprised if all that continues with the next DLCs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I feel like I am a 2nd class gamer.

No need to feel like that because it's not happening by choice. It's happening because obviously Microsoft store is having some issues. I'm starting to think they're being hacked. How many times has this happened so far? Three times, four times? If there was anything that Codies could've done about this I think they would have done it, don't you think? 

• Like 1

I'm an Xbox gamer myself; if there's one platform I want to work properly it's the green one! 😉 

(Side-note: No update 😞)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richie said:

No need to feel like that because it's not happening by choice. It's happening because obviously Microsoft store is having some issues. I'm starting to think they're being hacked. How many times has this happened so far? Three times, four times? If there was anything that Codies could've done about this I think they would have done it, don't you think? 

I would, if it wouldn't be only this game.

Can't proof, that it's only happening with this game, because I didn't bought many other things lately (thank you again, Codemasters 😉 ), but I saw no complaints about this from friends, who play mostly other games.

It happened way more often than 4 times now. But it's "only" the second time it takes longer than 24 hours to fix.

And Microsoft Store being hacked? That's not very likely...I mean, it's Microsoft.

11 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I'm an Xbox gamer myself; if there's one platform I want to work properly it's the green one! 😉 

(Side-note: No update 😞)

That's gool to hear but would be great if CM had information soon as many people are waiting for the Estering 😞

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I would, if it wouldn't be only this game.

Can't proof, that it's only happening with this game, because I didn't bought many other things lately (thank you again, Codemasters 😉 ), but I saw no complaints about this from friends, who play mostly other games.

It happened way more often than 4 times now. But it's "only" the second time it takes longer than 24 hours to fix.

And Microsoft Store being hacked? That's not very likely...I mean, it's Microsoft.

Just bear in mind, no developer's keen to see lots of complaints on their forums. If the problem was on Codies side be assured they'd have figured out what the problem was after the second time the problem occurred at the latest. At the end of the day it really isn't that big of a deal, we'll be able to try Estering with just a few days of delay. 

Edited by richie
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, richie said:

Just bear in mind, no developer's keen to see lots of complaints on their forums. If the problem was on Codies side be assured they'd have figured out what the problem was after the second time the problem occured at the latest. At the end of the day it really isn't that big of a deal, we'll be able to try Estering with just a few days of delay. 

Sorry, but no. This is something I can't accept.

When I buy something, I expect to get it on promised time. You are downplaying this now here.

I get that the problem is (obviously) not entirely in Codemasters hands, because it's Microsoft's Store, so they have to fix the problem.

But they could at least find a solution with them, so this is not happening again. And they should have done that after the first 2-3 times it happened.

5 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Sorry, but no. This is something I can't accept.

When I buy something, I expect to get it on promised time. You are downplaying this now here.

I get that the problem is (obviously) not entirely in Codemasters hands, because it's Microsoft's Store, so they have to fix the problem.

But they could at least find a solution with them, so this is not happening again. And they should have done that after the first 2-3 times it happened.

Oh damn, you're really one of those "customer is always right" kinda people, aren't you.

Listen, things happen, and you'll just have to wait.  If you ordered a new car and there was delays in production due to whatever reason, you wouldn't get your car on the promised date and you'd have to deal with it and wait.

Same if you've ordered something online and there's a big storm after they've shipped it causing shipping delays.

3 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

Oh damn, you're really one of those "customer is always right" kinda people, aren't you.

Listen, things happen, and you'll just have to wait.  If you ordered a new car and there was delays in production due to whatever reason, you wouldn't get your car on the promised date and you'd have to deal with it and wait.

Same if you've ordered something online and there's a big storm after they've shipped it causing shipping delays.

Of course the customer is always right, rule #1 you learn in business school.

(that was a joke (just to be sure))

And you don't have to explain me, how things work in this world, I know that. This doesn't change my mind, that problems could be prevented, if the chance is almost 100% it happens again.

I mean, it literally happens every time again. It's like coming late to work every day and expect to get away with it...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

While this is definitely an issue that shouldn't be happening on the 4th DLC release, don't assume big companie are automatically hack-proof

Just look at Sony a few years ago - hack was an understatement of what happened to the company. But I wouldn't think these issues are from a rogue entity trying to breach the company, or even DDoS them. If anything I would assume it is down to an interface issue between M$ and CM where the CDN isn't configured properly to recognize Deluxe owners correctly, or more likely they just mark people for each individual piece of DLC and somewhere in that process people's accounts are not being correctly flagged for owning individual DLC through deluxe. It would make sense since buying a single piece unlocks the content for people, and would trigger a "setFordFocusContentPurchased()" routine to tick off player X for owning it in some giant DB that get's used to unlock DLC.

Edited by Mike Dee

Xbox players, are you getting Estering now?

It’s showing up on my home console! 🙂