Estering, Germany - Available Now

10 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

While this is definitely an issue that shouldn't be happening on the 4th DLC release, don't assume big companie are automatically hack-proof

Just look at Sony a few years ago - hack was an understatement of what happened to the company. But I wouldn't think these issues are from a rogue entity trying to breach the company, or even DDoS them. If anything I would assume it is down to an interface issue between M$ and CM where the CDN isn't configured properly to recognize Deluxe owners correctly, or more likely they just mark people for each individual piece of DLC and somewhere in that process people's accounts are not being correctly flagged for owning individual DLC through deluxe. It would make sense since buying a single piece unlocks the content for people, and would trigger a "setFordFocusContentPurchased()" routine to tick off player X for owning it in some giant DB that get's used to unlock DLC.

Nah, hack-proof not, but for a company, that has probably the best employees in this kind of business, I just don't think it's very likely.

I mean Sony is also pretty big, but is not known for their OS. Their flagship are TVs, gaming consoles and other devices.

The DDoS-attacks that happens every 2-3 years on xbox are not really hacking, if I got that right. It's more like flooding the system with bs. But I really have no clue about that really.

But yes, it's not the end of the world, even if I miss out on...lol in that very moment of writing I got the prompt to download Estering...

ABOUT TIME, PJ!

...soooo, I...I have to go now :classic_ninja:

• Like 1

Quick tip since turn 2 is a hard braking point to spot.

If you reach the flag you’ve gone too far.

If you brake just before it you’ll be close to optimal.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Arrgh, come on, you have to be kidding me, PJ 😄

You're 9th, I'm 10th.

At least the first german at 100%.

I was 3rd before the new season 2-achievements. But I expect more achievements anyway, so not a big deal.

And no, normally I don't care about who got first, but in one of my favourite games I do.

The 2nd turn is really difficult to get right and I always touch the barriers in the section after that.

EDIT: Oh, got updated, only 11th and 2nd german 😞

Edited by UnderclassGDfan

Finally got to play it this evening and it was well worth the wait! Its only a short lap, but a couple of really fun corners (and a very tricky joker) to master! 

Worked for me as well now.

The responses in this forum however are quite shocking to me. This is a royal screw-up by CM nonetheless and indefensible.

The theory about Microsoft being hacked is beyond ridiculous. For sure even Microsoft isn't 100% hack proof, but the theory that someone would go to the length of hacking the Microsoft store only in order for people who have bought the Deluxe Edition of Dirty Rally 2.0, a game that has sold probably 1/100th of the copies of e.g. Forza Horizon 4, to not get an add-on for free as expected.... SERIOUSLY!?

Other comments are also very disappointing. Sometimes I really wonder if corporations, including ones from the video game industry, also pay for Russian troll farms to have such comments posted. At least it seems a 100 times more likely than the Microsoft store being hacked so that DR2.0 Deluxe owners get their add-ons...

This system with 100.000 small add-ons is damn complicated already so if I sell something like that and offer some kind of "all-in package" like the Deluxe edition for people who don't want to waste their time with all these micro transactions with a dollar here for this, a dollar here for that, then I better make damn sure that this works flawlessly and if there is an issue I make sure it is rectified as soon as possible, not after two days. We are talking multi million dollar deals between the game companies and Microsoft here, does anyone really believe there are no SLAs in place and emergency contacts on MS side?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

online multiplayer escalated quickly on Estering.

Can a car even fly that high irl 😅

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, elp1nko said:

Worked for me as well now.

The responses in this forum however are quite shocking to me. This is a royal screw-up by CM nonetheless and indefensible.

The theory about Microsoft being hacked is beyond ridiculous. For sure even Microsoft isn't 100% hack proof, but the theory that someone would go to the length of hacking the Microsoft store only in order for people who have bought the Deluxe Edition of Dirty Rally 2.0, a game that has sold probably 1/100th of the copies of e.g. Forza Horizon 4, to not get an add-on for free as expected.... SERIOUSLY!?

Other comments are also very disappointing. Sometimes I really wonder if corporations, including ones from the video game industry, also pay for Russian troll farms to have such comments posted. At least it seems a 100 times more likely than the Microsoft store being hacked so that DR2.0 Deluxe owners get their add-ons...

This system with 100.000 small add-ons is damn complicated already so if I sell something like that and offer some kind of "all-in package" like the Deluxe edition for people who don't want to waste their time with all these micro transactions with a dollar here for this, a dollar here for that, then I better make damn sure that this works flawlessly and if there is an issue I make sure it is rectified as soon as possible, not after two days. We are talking multi million dollar deals between the game companies and Microsoft here, does anyone really believe there are no SLAs in place and emergency contacts on MS side?

If you read my comments again it should be clear that it wasn't a theory, not even a thesis. It just seems a bit suspicious to me that Microsoft hasn't been able to ensure a flawless process for 4 times in row now. The assumption that Codies didn't try to make sure that everything goes alright when their DLCs are about to hit the market after the issues we had in the past is absurd. As I said earlier, I don't think Codies are keen on seeing an avalanche of complaints and toxic comments every time, so insinuating that they screwed up royally although it clearly isn't their fault, makes me realise that it's more probable that those, who refuse to understand that it's out of Codies' hands, are paid St. Petersburg trolls tbf. At some point you've got to start using your head ^^ 

Anyway, DLC is here now and everyone's happy. Still a 24h delay's not the end of the world, folks! 

Edited by richie
  • Disagree 1

codies not able to put right time and date stamp on dlc so it hits the store at right time,simple as that. microsoft can't release it if its got wrong details on when its to be released.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Oh, really? Four times in a row? That's interesting. Thanks for clarifying! 

Codies, did you read this? Next time put the damn right time stamp on DLCs, problem solved! 😂

Edited by richie

On 8/15/2019 at 4:25 AM, elp1nko said:

The theory about Microsoft being hacked is beyond ridiculous.

That theory's wrong, yup.

Storefronts aren't always a matter of flipping a switch, but rather a case of working with our partners on the platform side(s) to ensure that what we do and what they do is in sync.

Sometimes technical issues happen (like a platform or system goes down, or some new tools are having teething problems, or good ol' Internet isn't working) but when they do everyone involved is in regular discussions to find out {a} where a problem occurs {b} who can fix it and {c} how early can it be resolved. Also, depending on where in the world some people are, content will become available at different times. For example, PlayStation has different storefronts for Europe, America and Asia so the American content usually comes out later than the other regions.

Can't go into any more details than that but rest assured that everybody involved (both us and partners) want people playing their content as early as possible, and when that doesn't happen fixing it is a top priority 🙂 

9 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

That theory's wrong, yup.

Storefronts aren't always a matter of flipping a switch, but rather a case of working with our partners on the platform side(s) to ensure that what we do and what they do is in sync.

Sometimes technical issues happen (like a platform or system goes down, or some new tools are having teething problems, or good ol' Internet isn't working) but when they do everyone involved is in regular discussions to find out {a} where a problem occurs {b} who can fix it and {c} how early can it be resolved. Also, depending on where in the world some people are, content will become available at different times. For example, PlayStation has different storefronts for Europe, America and Asia so the American content usually comes out later than the other regions.

Can't go into any more details than that but rest assured that everybody involved (both us and partners) want people playing their content as early as possible, and when that doesn't happen fixing it is a top priority 🙂 

Any news on season 3 content pricing

5 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

Any news on season 3 content pricing

"Seasons 3 + 4" will be same price as "Seasons 1 + 2".

Bundles should be up either on release day of the Impreza/Focus or shortly before, depending on platform.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

But common, PJ, you have to admit, that it happens pretty often with DR2.0, if not always.

My small hope is, that it is/was a issue specific to the season 1 and season 2 tokens we got with the deluxe edition and the same won't happen with the 2 new tokens we get for season 3 and 4.

But...well...my feeling says it will happen again.

And yes, I get that different stores and timezones can have an impact, but not 24h+. And espacially not, if non-deluxe-users can purchase it before deluxe users. I AM A PREMIUM SUPER DELUXE FIRST CLASS CUSTOMER, treat me like one, thanks.

Just kidding.

Not really.

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Bundles should be up either on release day of the Impreza/Focus or shortly before, depending on platform.

Strange, that it takes so long to get it in stores.