We should NOT buy any new DLC until the game is FIXED!

1 minute ago, BendyWater said:

Mate you need to get offline and stop watching tv!

mods can you please show I’m not op and stop this **** and shut these conspiracy theorist up! 

I'm going to let you into a secret so don't tell anyone.. My name isn't Boris and i'm not a hopperty, hopperty frog. Oh the scandal. 

1 minute ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

I'm going to let you into a secret so don't tell anyone.. My name isn't Boris and i'm not a hopperty, hopperty frog. Oh the scandal. 

tenor.gif?itemid=11361132

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Somewhere along the way you have to draw the line at what represents solid value for money

Yup, solid value per dollar is always what is most important.

And when people are willing to go spend $10 for a 2 hour movie, or $40 at the bar for a few hours with beers & friend, I will happily continue to spend my $100 on a video game that I've already gotten 500+ hours out of, People want to complain $100 is crazy for a video game but seriously stop and think about how much you get out of that $100. If you can get $1/hr of entertaining, that sounds like a damn good investment to me!

Video games by default give way better entertainment value per dollar than basically any other medium. $100 to keep myself happily entertained for longer than any other media I own.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Yup, solid value per dollar is always what is most important.

And when people are willing to go spend $10 for a 2 hour movie, or $40 at the bar for a few hours with beers & friend, I will happily continue to spend my $100 on a video game that I've already gotten 500+ hours out of, People want to complain $100 is crazy for a video game but seriously stop and think about how much you get out of that $100. If you can get $1/hr of entertaining, that sounds like a damn good investment to me!

Video games by default give way better entertainment value per dollar than basically any other medium. $100 to keep myself happily entertained for longer than any other media I own.

Everyone has different opinions as to what constitutes good value and what doesn't. All I was saying was i can take the price of the season pass and invest it in another game which, providing it's ok, will give me a much higher level of entertainment (in terms of hours played) than the proposed content of season three and four would. Others will disagree because not unlike yourself they will get an awful lot out of the added content as opposed to investing the money elsewhere (a point that I wholeheartedly respect) but I won't so it makes no sense to pretend I will.

I'm not saying "don't buy because...." as the OP suggested (in fact I never even implied that), all I was saying was there are also other reasons to reject a purchase - one of which being that sometimes you have to draw the line by accepting that in terms of a return of investment you're not going to get your money's worth. For me personally that time has arrived. Nothing sinister, nothing personal... Just a good time to move on.

It's not a crime to want to invest elsewhere, you know and i'm sure that Bugbear and 704 games (lesser developers who need greater support) will appreciate my willingness to spread my wealth equally, so to speak when their respective releases become available for purchase. 

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BendyWater said:

Games should only be used as a distraction,

Then you and I have completely different ideas of what games are.

They are a fun way to spend free time, a way to get a little closer in a virtual world to a hobby you really enjoy, a way to experience things you never could in real life due to costs/location/physics.

Games used as a way to fill the void? That sounds like an issue you need to address, and not just from games - that sounds like you're filling a void in your life with anything you can find.

And alone? Only if you want to be. I have multiple friends over while we drink and take turns on the racing rig hot lapping and messing around. I do constant online MP lobbies with dozens of people all yelling at each other and having some good old friday night racing. Then we kick off the stream on top of it and bring in a few more dozen people who are all talking and having fun.

Your entire post reads like projection. Like that is what you used to do with video games. What was wrong with your old life while you distracted yourself from other things. Just because I can dump 500 hours into a game, does that mean I am automatically incapable of doing anything else? Does that mean I can't be holding down a full time job? Does that mean i wouldn't have been able to graduate from college? Does that mean I don't still go do a ton of other things throughout my daily life while tossing in a few hours of video games a day? Some days I might not even get a chance to play, and others I might have gone out of my way to schedule  full saturday to stream + race in tournaments with my friends.

I also love the condescending tone of your "toy race wheel". Is it still a toy when professional F1 drivers are using the same setup for practicing? Even if it is, who cares??? Isn't that the entire point of it, to take something so fantastically expensive that none of us could ever actually do in real life and making it accessible for all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Others will disagree because not unlike yourself they will get an awful lot out of the added content as opposed to investing the money elsewhere (a point that I wholeheartedly respect) but I won't so it makes no sense to pretend I will.

Fair enough, completely valid point and why I ignore a ton of the little games my friends want me to buy that will only last a weekend at best.

I would suggest at least looking into the rally stage purchases, they should only be a few dollars and I'm sure you can get a few hours out of them at the least 😉

49 minutes ago, BendyWater said:

I try to waste as little of my life as possible and want to have much fun as possible when I play computer games.

Unless it’s a job or a profession that funds your family or life, choosing to spend 500hrs alone, away from your kids, parents, friends, family, nature or belong those in need is a waste “in my opinion”.

For someone who values his time, you sure do spend a lot of it writing 800 word screeds about how little the game means to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, BendyWater said:

I agree with Boris here, but as he thinks I’m a shill, this may be difficult for him to deal with!

it may break his brain and cause him to freak out, but he is right.

I don’t value games highly, it’s just disposable media that I blast on now and again for a laugh.

Id rather buy a new game for the same price as the tiny offering of DLC offered in this game (WRC8 is about the price as DR2 DLC on CDKEYS) 🙂

I think exactly like Mike Dee in terms of hours played representing value for money and for me it's important to achieve the fabled £1 per hour gameplay stat. There's nothing wrong with not valuing games highly (everyone has different ideals as to what they want to get out of a game) but from experience you can sometimes get a lot more out of a single game (especially in multiplayer) than you could bouncing between several games. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BendyWater said:

Eh... triggered much?

Lol if you think that is triggered you must be new to the internet :classic_laugh:

I literally walked down your post addressing each point mate, don't assume you can just make personal attacks (reread your post - those are clear shots at me and my lifestyle) without even a rebuttal from me. And just because you say something is your opinion, doesn't mean people aren't allowed to express their opinion on your views as well.

Then again you make false equivalencies and scarecrow arguments saying "only your opinion is the valid one, right... gotcha SMH.". When did I state that? My original post was about how the game in my eyes and life, does produce great value and the DLC is worth it for X reasons. 

Posted (edited)

@Mike Dee. Normally i'd say "go for it" but i've got The Vasara Collection on preorder for tomorrow, eye surgery on 21st August. After that I have to somehow find the time to invest some hours into an already purchased MotoGP 19 as well as try out my new wheel before Wreckfest on the 27th and Heat 4 in "September".. It's a tough life being a gamer 🙂 

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

@Mike Dee. Normally i'd say "go for it" but i've got The Vasara Collection on preorder for tomorrow, eye surgery on 21st August. After that I have to somehow find the time to invest some hours into an already purchased MotoGP 19 as well as try out my new wheel before Wreckfest on the 27th and Heat 4 in "September".. It's a tough life being a gamer 🙂 

Lol damn, busy end to the summer that's for sure! Stock up on Monsters, Mt Dew, and Doritos :classic_laugh:

Edited by Mike Dee

1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

Lol damn, busy end to the summer that's for sure! Stock up on Monsters, Mt Dew, and Doritos :classic_laugh:

Haha, yeah. Considering a few months ago there didn't seem to be much to look forward to things have really picked up and with what seems to be a surprisingly comprehensive WRC 8 as well as the Grid reboot also in the mix it's not a bad time at all for general racing fans. But for me those two won't happen for quite some time because I did buy the wheel to play Dakar 18 so once the novelty of Wreckfest wears off and until the NASCAR lobbies become less populated by rule obsessed uber-fans and more populated with general racers i'll be busy getting lost (and mentally abused by my co-pilot) in various South American locations.  

• Agree 1

Not only am I going to purchase the additional content for DR2.0, to support CM and continue to have fun with this game, I’m going to also purchase WRC8 as a support for rally gaming.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BendyWater said:

And in my eyes its totally different how are you not getting this?

You seem opposed to understanding even the most basic of points, by your overpowering personal incredulity!  

This transcends semantics and is into tolerance and is into the realms of understanding opposing and differing view points.

Instead of the strawman and adhom attacks and trying to implant a false cause to bolster and force your sunk cost fallacy opinion on my as being correct, when a educated man would just agree that we have differing opinions?

From the beginning i stated that your opinion is yours, and mine is different.

I never stated one was right and 1 was wrong, only that they were different.

Also my post wasn’t even aimed at you, it had that written clearly in the dam text (smh) 

How can you be this bad at reading and Basic comprehension?

I think this saying sums you up nicely!

“fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubt”

As I explained, my opinion is different for yours and always will be in this matter, the fact I WANT to spend time with my children rather than playing games is MY CHOICE and right! It’s not wrong, it’s right, as is your choice to ignore your family and play games on a toy wheel pretending to be a rally driver 😛

Get to bed kid 🙂  

You clearly sill don’t understand! 

91862E3F-485B-4B76-9744-42D2114817CD.gif

I feel sorry for your children.

Posted (edited)

Not like going to join the ****-train, but the fact is, that Early Access development model, initially invented to help developers with product quality is constantly being exploited by them (or publishers) to sell unfinished products; to get money as early as possible. With a recent change, that early access popular 5+ years ago and already burned out, has been replaced by releasing unfinished games shamelessly as final version. In addition swaggering for continuous support in form of patches being released after the release. ISI did that, SMS does that, CM does that, Kunos does that.

So... effectively nothing changed because customers are prone/happy to buy unfinished products joining this way "unspoken" beta stage. Sometimes character of issues proves that using "beta" term is even stretched out. It should be "alpha" instead. The worst thing is, fixing progressing slowly, and mentioned support often ends after a year leaving a lot of critical issues unfixed (just to mention broken real weather in PC2).

Personally I don't think we (I mean single persons) can change anything. While global market and electronic distribution allows to sell 200k of product (regardless its quality), 20 customers boycotting the title doesn't affect anything. Maybe media like YT can be more influencing. Don't know... I would like the situation to change in some near future but honestly I doubt. Maybe there should be more strict law created to protect us. Steam policy doesn't help currently, since it's often impossible to discover critical bugs during 2 hours of playing (ie those which appear only in online sessions in some particular conditions, depending on number of players etc). Also configuration often takes almost an hour (controllers, performance etc).

So we can stop buying pre-orders, stop buying at day one. We can wait for fixes until all major issues are resolved. Probably getting the game for discounted price after 6 months or so. Just to get feeling we do right thing. But, especially in case of MP focused games: who will be play with after a year since release? Such title usually becomes outdated at this point of time 😞

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 1

Look at how great BendyWater's life is, he's so much better than us! I wish I could be like him!

3 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Personally I don't think we (I mean single persons) can change anything. While global market and electronic distribution allows to sell 200k of product (regardless its quality), 20 customers boycotting the title doesn't affect anything. Maybe media like YT can be more influencing. Don't know... I would like the situation to change in some near future but honestly I doubt. Maybe there should be more strict law created to protect us. Steam policy doesn't help currently, since it's often impossible to discover critical bugs during 2 hours of playing (ie those which appear only in online sessions in some particular conditions, depending on number of players etc). Also configuration often takes almost an hour (controllers, performance etc).

That's not strictly true. If public and media critisism of industry practices gains any form of momentum then it can have massive impllications and incidents from as recent as Battlefront 2 to as far back as Outrun on the ZX Spectrum have have more than proven that, given the right set of circumstances, public opinion can massively change the outcome of a product.

Remember the "don't buy a game week" in protest of cost and quality of software? I'm sure the industry thought that was a bit of a laugh until they learned that tens of thousands had pledged their support - and then, well, it wasn't a bit of a laugh... It was potentially serious stuff to the point where it made national headlines. An idea that could quite easilly have been an epithany of a single person who one day decided that enough was enough.

I aren't even going to mention the politics (again, a few voices that gained momentum and actually influenced game reviews) surrounding Serious Sam and a certain French software house (who's name completely eludes me - maybe Infogrames) who took UK distribution rights.

Negativity is just that so don't be fooled into believing that a single voice has no impact. 

On 8/14/2019 at 4:18 AM, MaXyMsrpl said:

In addition swaggering for continuous support in form of patches being released after the release. ISI did that

big fat LOL, ISI did jack squat.  I've been an rf1/rf2 user for a long time and I'm so thankful Studio 397 picked up rf2 as well as the modding community being an existence.

• Agree 1