Server Maintenance Notice - October 14 to October 17 Read more... ×

We should NOT buy any new DLC until the game is FIXED!

Posted (edited)

Simple!

Users should NOT buy ANY DLC until the game is fixed!

If they can (without guilt) charge us AGAIN for recycled content, we can (and should) withhold our purchase until all bugs etc are fixed!

The content will ALWAYS be there, you WONT miss out!

The longer you wait, the cheaper it will be!

Do not support these disgusting tactics!

i will buy the DLC in the sale, or from a key seller UNLESS!...

1) FFB is fixed 

2) DASH CAM IS ADDED BACK IN THE GAME! Playing from the back seat or bonnet cam is just EMBARRASSING!

3) Audio Bug is fixed

4) Analog Handbrake is PUT BACK IN THE GAME

5) Career reset option!

Please note:

By funding this recycled content again, when the game is still broken, you are the reason developers add in micro transactions, season passes, pay to win mechanics etc. They don’t do it for ANY other reason, than money!

Stop supporting bad business practices!

Buy the DLC IF they fix the game and add back the features they removed for no reason!

For those who dont understand, I urge you to watch JimSterlings videos on micro transactions as they are easily digestible for those limited on time, or 21k!

This video below is EXACTLY the same for DR2!

Stop ruining the gaming industry people, think before you give them any more money!

Edited by SmelterBelter
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 7

Nah, I'm buying it tomorrow or whenever they'll let me.

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

a) I really enjoy the game
b) I'll really enjoy Finland and Greece
c) See a) and b)

Sorry mate, I'm buying the rally content whether you like it or not - apparently there's a fix for the audio bug (which I've never experienced personally) coming soon BTW.

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

£1.19 for a car? It ain't gonna get much cheaper 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

It will be half price in the winter sale? If you held off, you’d still get the content, you would show them they should support their customers, and they would listen as you would have power.

buying the game serves only them, you become worthless with no values or unity with the customer base, only as a self serving drone? I really can’t figure out that mentality? I guess you like micro transactions, season passes, live services and renting games and content that can be ripped away from you at any time. 

You really should watch watch the video, and even Jim sterling’s about this very topic. 

What a a shame for this community... it’s going to kill itself as everyone is just thinking of themselves in here... what a shame.

• Disagree 6

Personally, I don't want to wait especially when I have already bought deluxe edition with first 2 Seasons. I don't really care how expensive Season 3 and 4 are going to be. I just want to buy it when only I have got such possibility.

• Like 1

You can't will people to vote your way. I'm voting with my wallet, just a different party to yours. I have absolutely no issue with any of the 5 points you described. Perhaps the audio bug, but that has a 3 second fix (pause game, windows key, click audio icon bottom right, select different output device, reselect original output device, unpause game - for those who didn't know).

• Agree 3

While I get your point and (in general) agree with you, there are several big differences here in this specific case:

1) The developers actually care about the games quality.

They proved with monthly updates that they really wanna fix the most annoying bugs and graphical issues. And they did. Not all is fixed by now, but I see big improvements every month.

2) There are no microtransactions, Pay2Win-mechanics or lootboxes in this game. The DLC/Season Pass pricing for this game is absolutely fair in my point of view. I have no problem with remastered content, because it's remastered, not just copy & pasted.

3) While I agree with the fact, that this game released unpolished (F1 2019, too, btw!) and I'm still pretty angry about that, this doesn't have any influence on buying the DLC for this game, because a) I see improvements and b) I enjoy this game every day.

BUT GRID and a possible F1 2020/DiRT Rally 3/DiRT 5 will be watched very closely before release. I may even wait for reviews before I purchase them. If Codemasters releases GRID unpolished, I won't buy it. And the series will be dead for me. Be warned Codies.

I stopped buying Need for Speed-games (i know, different publisher/developer) after the horrible Most Wanted (2012). The games after that I don't even looked at. The series is dead for me. No chances buying a new entry.

I already decided to buy the season pass for season 3 & 4 at full price on purpose. To support the developers and showing them I like what they are doing.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I won't be buying the DLC because (assuming the next batch of seasons is another £24.95) I simply cannot condone any videogame that costs in excess of £100 and if I'd have known from the off that Codemasters were going to extend Dirt Rally 1 content over four seasons (when they could just as easilly done it in two) then i'd probably not have bought any DLC at all.

Somewhere along the way you have to draw the line at what represents solid value for money and what doesn't and looking at what Dirt Rally will have to offer on completion of these seasons i'm really not seeing a £100 game. Some will disagree and buy whatever expands their experience (I have no problem with that) but for me personally it's all about justifying a purchase for the right reasons - and in this instance just I can't do that.

So, as a gamer who just wants as much value for money as possible i'm happy to take the proposed season pass price and put that towards a £27.50 (physical) copy of Wreckfest.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

While I get your point and (in general) agree with you, there are several big differences here in this specific case:

They proved with monthly updates that they really wanna fix the most annoying bugs and graphical issues. And they did. Not all is fixed by now, but I see big improvements every month.

2) There are no microtransactions, Pay2Win-mechanics or lootboxes in this game. The DLC/Season Pass pricing for this game is absolutely fair in my point of view. I have no problem with remastered content, because it's remastered, not just copy & pasted.

3) While I agree with the fact, that this game released unpolished (F1 2019, too, btw!) and I'm still pretty angry about that, this doesn't have any influence on buying the DLC for this game, because a) I see improvements and b) I enjoy this game every day.

BUT GRID and a possible F1 2020/DiRT Rally 3/DiRT 5 will be watched very closely before release. I may even wait for reviews before I purchase them. If Codemasters releases GRID unpolished, I won't buy it. And the series will be dead for me. Be warned Codies.

I stopped buying Need for Speed-games (i know, different publisher/developer) after the horrible Most Wanted (2012). The games after that I don't even looked at. The series is dead for me. No chances buying a new entry.

I already decided to buy the season pass for season 3 & 4 at full price on purpose. To support the developers and showing them I like what they are doing.

agreed, this exactly. I have literally nothing to add.

I've ditched the NFS franchise twice though, first time was when Carbon came out (Midnight Club 3 was clearly just better). I didn't play any of the games until 2012, when I played the **** out of NFS World and Hot Pursuit 2010. I got back into then and wasn't into Most Wanted, but Rivals is my 2nd favourite NFS game after the PS2 version of NFS HP2 from 2002. I ditched again when NFS 2015 came out, and haven't played it or Payback because they are terrible.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

If they cared about the game's quality then why did they release it with "annoying bugs and graphical issues" in the first place?

All i see is a product that went to market in a condition that contradicts what you're trying to say.

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

The game was quite obviously rushed to begin with, but they've done a good job of trying to iron out the issues. it is much, MUCH less buggy than it was on launch. barely anything to complain about bug-wise on PS4. 

It is possible for them to release additional content and work on the remaining bugs at the same time. 

They really need to sort out the issues with the deployment of the DLC though, especially since they're offering more of it now. 

Edited by Tranzitive
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, SmelterBelter said:

Users should NOT buy ANY DLC until the game is fixed!

---------------------------

Do not support these disgusting tactics!

-----------

By funding this recycled content again, when the game is still broken, you are the reason developers add in micro transactions, season passes, pay to win mechanics etc. They don’t do it for ANY other reason, than money!

Stop supporting bad business practices!

------------------------------

Stop ruining the gaming industry people, think before you give them any more money!

You use very harsh words and mostly for no reason. There are greedy software companies who make games packed with micro transactions, overpriced DLCs, pay-to-win mechanics. You can easily spend fortunes in World Of Tanks or War Thunder to buy better tanks, plane, battleships - there are vehicles for that game with a price more than a DR 2.0 Season Pass! 

There is Fallout 76: a game built on a 10+ years old engine - yet still full of game-breaking bugs - packed with the most annoying microtransactions. 

I agree, there are very bad tendencies in gaming industries, there are many similar games following similar practice like the 2 examples I've mentioned. (And I avoid these kind of games like plague.)

But putting Codemasters into this category (greedy, lazy, uncaring b*stards) is very very unfair! No micro-transactions, no pay-to-win, no play-through-once-in-2 hoursand-forget-but-very-expensive DLCs, no game-breaking bugs. They add new contents for one year, for a very fair price and fixing and optimising the game - and in the while they communicate with the players. Where are those disgusting tactics you wrote about?

At first, the game is NOT broken. They fixed the FFB, for most players it's good. Dashcam: there is a cockpit cam with adjustable seat (forward and back) and there is a zoomed in view, zoomed into the instrument panel. You're not forced to drive from the back seat.

Audio bug: it happens a lot less than a couple of months ago, but well, it's still there. But it's far from being a game-breaking bug.

Analouge handbrake: why would you need it to be analogue? Do you want to practice how to start a car on a steep hill? :) For turning you only use it only for a fragment of a second- a quick pull and there you go. For a 2 hour DR 2.0 session I don't think I use my handbrake for more than 3 seconds.

Career reset: that's OK, I guess it couldn't be much work to add.

Calling DR 2.0 broken for these minor annoyances is not right. Games are becoming more and more complex so it's getting harder to make them to fit everyone's taste. Calling Codies uncaring and greedy is an insult: they fixed many many bugs since release: FFB, dark sections on stages with bad visibility, rain effects, some optimisations here and there, etc. They are present on this message board and replying to our questions, they listen to us. Not every company communicates this much with their customers, even very big studios are completely deaf and mute.

I think the developers of Dirt Rally 2.0 worth our support. They've made a great game and they're still working hard to make it even better and keep it fresh with new content. If you want new games made by them - or maybe Season 5 & 6 for DR 2.0 - support them and buy the new Season pass. I'll definitely do.

Edited by redriot77
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

I will buy, game is OK for me - FFB is near perfect, physics are amazing. I'm only affected by sound cutting bug, but this bug will be fixed soon. And I LOVE Finland and I LIKE Greece. 100 % buy.

Edited by virgism
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

The only thing that does get to me is that all content that was in DR 1 should have been there from launch. Anything new should be dlc. 

Apart from that, DR 2 is an enjoyable satisfying game, and that's from someone who does not like being ripped off or moans about games. 

• Agree 1

Would have been weird if they released DiRT Rally 2.0 full price without any new content though. It would just have been DR1 with better graphics and without Pikes Peak, imagine what the forums would have looked like @watzcoc!

This makes a lot more sense. If you don't want to pay again for the same-ish content as DR1, you just don't buy it and instead just enjoy the new stuff that is in the base game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, chukonu said:

This makes a lot more sense. If you don't want to pay again for the same-ish content as DR1, you just don't buy it and instead just enjoy the new stuff that is in the base game.

Yeah, this was/is my thought as well. As others have said, the "old" stages have returned with more polish as well, so they haven't just been directly copied in from DR1...

...that said, I am with the OP. I am refusing to buy more DLC until they fix the biggest bug of all: WHY THE HELL ISN'T THE RALLYCROSS RS200 BETTER?!

• Like 3

Have you noticed this?

Although the game has official FIA RX license, and therefore it should have already had ALL CARS and TRACKS of the 2018 season in Base game, even with the Seasons 3 and 4, 2018 season is not complete!

Hyundai i20, Ford Focus, Mini Cooper, Citroen DS3 and circuit of America are missing!

They added 2019 content (which could be added as DLC), when the 2018 season was not completed, and neither is it certain that it will be completed! 

@PJTierney can you give us some explanation about it?

12 minutes ago, Deltone91 said:

Although the game has official FIA RX license, and therefore it should have already had ALL CARS and TRACKS of the 2018 season in Base game, even with the Seasons 3 and 4, 2018 season is not complete!

Hyundai i20, Ford Focus, Mini Cooper, Citroen DS3 and circuit of America are missing!

Ford Focus, Mini Cooper and Citroen DS3 were not permanent entries in the 2018 season. 

I agree that the Hyundai i20 and CotA are notable exceptions though. Personally the absence of CotA doesn't bother me (because it was a **** track), but the Hyundai should be in there. The fact that the Hyundai is missing from the R5 class as well though would suggest the problem is a licensing issue which, like the Audi S1 in DiRT 4, is something that is out of the hands of CM. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, BendyWater said:

The solution is super easy, stop giving them money.

They will keep doing what they are doing until you stop paying them? 

If you kept kept giving me money for only half making / backing content, and moaning... but then on the 27th of August you gave me another £40 based on “surprise content and surprise mechanics” or incomplete content etc... 

I’d just keep taking advantage of you until you stopped paying and forced me to get my stuff together.

The problem really isn’t with codemasters on this one, it’s on the gamers!

You made your point on the opening post so why not stick to just a single username instead of intruducing this army of imaginary friends that supposedly support your cause. 

Look, "if" Codemasters fix those five things you mentioned then all you're going to do is find five different issues that are supposedly stopping you from making said purchase. You're not going to sway any opinion with this endless supply of pointless reasoning so why not just not just do your Wolfie Smith thing  by not purchasing this DLC and be happy you've made your point by not doing so. That way everyone lives happily ever after.

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

16 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

a) I really enjoy the game
b) I'll really enjoy Finland and Greece
c) See a) and b)

Sorry mate, I'm buying the rally content whether you like it or not - apparently there's a fix for the audio bug (which I've never experienced personally) coming soon BTW.

Nicely put, plain and simple. ^^

1 minute ago, BendyWater said:

I’m not the OP?

However, I appreciate the attack on me for no reason, what a welcome!

Grow up!

Then congratulations on being someone who writes in exactly the same style (right down to the huge paragraph spacings) and enters these forrums as a new user with the exact same degrees of confidence and knowledge of issues as the OP - who incidentally has the exact same writing style (right down to huge paragraph spacings) and approaches things with the same degrees of confidence and knowledge as a certain other (more embedded) user of these forums.

If you're going to hide behind multiple names in order to convey a point then the very least you could do is do so in a credible manner.

"Grow up"? Yes, maybe you should

Posted (edited)

He's right, your writing style is very similar – same use of proper apostrophes, same large paragraph spacing, same slightly awkward formal phrasing. It's not proof of anything, of course, it's just somewhat interesting given how often this sort of thing has happened here in the past.

Anyway, regarding OP's points

i will buy the DLC in the sale, or from a key seller UNLESS!...

1) FFB is fixed 

2) DASH CAM IS ADDED BACK IN THE GAME! Playing from the back seat or bonnet cam is just EMBARRASSING!

3) Audio Bug is fixed

4) Analog Handbrake is PUT BACK IN THE GAME

5) Career reset option!

None of these things are 'game breaking', or really anything more than minor annoyances.

1: I'm fine with the FFB as it is; it could be better, sure, but it's not stopping me from enjoying the game. It's by no means 'broken', or anything so ridiculously hyperbolic.
2: Dash cam would be a nice addition, especially in certain cars, but again, I'm managing ok now.
3: Sound bug is apparently getting fixed in the next patch, but for now it's the ... least trivial of the bugs.
4: Analog handbrake wasn't even removed, so it can't be added back. It can be added as a new option, but imo this is pretty trivial.
5: Sure, a career reset option would be nice, but I find it hard to really care about this right now.

Edited by caerphoto
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, caerphoto said:

He's right, your writing style is very similar – same use of proper apostrophes, same large paragraph spacing, same slightly awkward formal phrasing. It's not proof of anything, of course, it's just somewhat interesting given how often this sort of thing has happened here in the past.

Anyway, regarding OP's points

None of these things are 'game breaking', or really anything more than minor annoyances.

1: I'm fine with the FFB as it is; it could be better, sure, but it's not stopping me from enjoying the game. It's by no means 'broken', or anything so ridiculously hyperbolic.
2: Dash cam would be a nice addition, especially in certain cars, but again, I'm managing ok now.
3: Sound bug is apparently getting fixed in the next patch, but for now it's the ... least trivial of the bugs.
4: Analog handbrake wasn't even removed, so it can't be added back. It can be added as a new option, but imo this is pretty trivial.
5: Sure, a career reset option would be nice, but I find it hard to really care about this right now.

The word is "inflection" and that's real tough to hide. If you push someone in a specific direction they will always forget who they're supposed to be and resort back to who they actually are. Anyhows I'm really (really) bored of this so i'm going to continue sitting outside in the sunshine and enjoy my really expensive wifi (I hate you, Virginmedia) in other ways. 

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_