Sign in to follow this  

BUG on AI Qualifying LAPS

Sorry to come back with that, but the problem still exists since the 2018 edition.

Whenever you advance your time in qualifying or in free practice, the AI goes crazy.

For example, during the FP1 in Mexico, I made a 1.16.1, I was 7th.

I advanced the time and at the end of the session, I was in 18th position.

I restarted the session, I made a 1.16.2, 8th, I did not advance the time, I waited for the end of the session and I went on the track at the end of session to don't have the end session black screen, the result was I remained 8th.

Whenever the game simulates AI times, they achieve incredibly faster times.

The game is incredible but it's very borring to wait for the end of each session without  advanced the time.

Thanks

The reason why you're slower @Bono00 when you advance the time is due to the track get faster. The more time the cars go around the track, more rubber is put down, hence making it more sticky. You're losing time because your not on track or you haven't done any laps before the end of the session. SO if you want to remain in the upper ladder of the field put in a time before the session ends. Simple

Sorry but f1 game is not so realistic.

How can you explain when I didn't advance the time the AI didn't go faster?????

From the begining To the end you can improve your laptime around 0.3 0.4 second not 1  or 1.5 second.

• Agree 1

On 8/13/2019 at 8:37 PM, JanKondler said:

It is bug, try to avoid simulation in career mode

Avoid simulation ??? you mean Simulation mode for "Damages" ?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bono00 said:

Avoid simulation ??? you mean Simulation mode for "Damages" ?

Simulating AI times, by fast forwarding or selecting 'return to garage' etc. 

Kind of hard to do when the game automatically jumps to the results at the end of a session though. I wish we could just choose to watch the AI do their final laps.

Edited by Worntoathread

On 8/13/2019 at 8:43 AM, Striker_703 said:

The reason why you're slower @Bono00 when you advance the time is due to the track get faster. The more time the cars go around the track, more rubber is put down, hence making it more sticky. You're losing time because your not on track or you haven't done any laps before the end of the session. SO if you want to remain in the upper ladder of the field put in a time before the session ends. Simple

If you read his post properly you would have seen that's not the issue here. He tested by comparing two sessions and the AI was much faster in the session that was fast forwarded. The one that played out in real time had slower AI times even at the end of the session, so it's nothing to do with the player's time or track grip.

1 hour ago, Worntoathread said:

Simulating AI times, by fast forwarding or selecting 'return to garage' etc. 

Kind of hard to do when the game automatically jumps to the results at the end of a session though. I wish we could just choose to watch the AI do their final laps.

Yes I already do that, and it's really boring, I don't know why it happens, I Think it's due to an update since the 2018 version, because in the previous games (2015-2016-2017) it never never happened.

Posted (edited)

Last test I made yesterday

I was 7th after my first run in Q3 in MOnaco

Only Riccairdo and the 2 racing point could pass me .

I get out of the stands just before the AI,

I block them in their 2nd run, there was only 50 seconds left so it was impossible for them to perform a 2nd lap,
The session ends and they still managed to improve their time and I finished last of Q3 .....

Edited by Bono00