Sign in to follow this  

New rally tracks outsourced

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

We talked about getting community modders involved for liveries before, and given the various issues (logistical, legal, financial, licensing etc.) related to that I imagine they'd be even more complicated for custom locations.

Neat idea but given all the challenges involved you end up with a similar amount of work that in-house development amounts to, but with all those added risks.

There's a solution already available for liveries, at least on the Steam version with Workshop support. Codies had this in Dirt Rally for sharing tuning setups and it was great, and should have been extended to also include user made liveries, but those Workshop setup sharing features were missing from 2.0 - wound up being a real downgrade for the sequel when it could have been improved upon. Afaik, Codemasters would not be subjected to any legal ramifications from content there, nor licensing or anything else since it's all hosted and distributed externally from the game on Steam itself. It's all on the users and Steam moderators to police. Which means certain items may be taken down due to copyright infringements, but that's not on Codemasters.

Same goes for custom locations, but that's only feasible if the developers released the tools (or a version of the tools)  used to make rally locations, and I just don't see that ever happening. The games would live on much longer with the community if they supported user created content of that magnitute, and there would be far less demand for a new game release. Still, there's no excuse for not being able to share basic tuning setups via the Workshop like Dirt Rally, and liveries seem like a no-brainer as well. Just a matter of doing the work to implement it, and that's also something I don't see ever happening at this point.

Edited by pyide
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ianism said:

I teach english. your english kind of sucks. that's not an insult. it's just a fact.

because you teach english ,and speak spanish and french,languages that more than 50 % has greek words doesnt mean something to me ,you can always pay for degrees ,

i became a surveyor and worked in many constructions in greece,england ,germany ,france  with out going to university,and everyone was wondering why i speak english so good with also no degree  so all this is bla bla for me so please not insultfact me ,

also i dont care about your opinion ,so why waisting yout time 

and yes i got insulted when you said that i am off topic ,are you going to give an apology ?

so please stop bother me ,cause in here everyone is a μαγκας ..

2 minutes ago, nasoduko said:

because you teach english ,and speak spanish and french,languages that more than 50 % has greek words doesnt mean something to me ,you can always pay for degrees ,

um 70% of English comes from German and 25% is French. 90%+ of French comes from Latin, just like Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Romanian.

funny how you seem to be implying that Greek is "better" because other languages derive from it (they don't, but whatever). just because a bunch of rich scientists in the 1600s and 1700s took a lot of greek words because they thought the ancient Greeks were the best does not make modern Greek superior to others. 

your nationalism is very misplaced.

the rest isn't even worth responding to. 

ciao.

• Sad 1