Sign in to follow this  

New rally tracks outsourced

Posted (edited)

an idea occurred to me, @PJTierney (or whoever): is there a possibility that the creation of rallytracks for modders that is outsourced, and then the profits are sold and divided? the community would buy those tracks a lot and you don't have to invest in the cost of creating those new locations ... we all know that there are excellent modders in the community who would be more than willing to create that content and more if part of winnings them were provided, you would only act as a quality control so that these clues are in the game standards.

It's just a humble idea of a player who loves this game and would like it to continue growing

Edited by elrojodp8
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, nasoduko said:

its better to believe that santa exxist ,this wont happen 

We have been 7 years beleaving in Santa, let me believe in this for a few months 

• Haha 3
  • Disagree 1

32 minutes ago, elrojodp8 said:

We have been 7 years beleaving in Santa, let me believe in this for a few months 

i ll give another 30 years ,still wont happen 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, nasoduko said:

i ll give another 30 years ,still wont happen 

You are a brakedreamer 😢

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

That's not a bad idea but the only problem I foresee is cost to the consumer.. The modders will want paying for their work, Codemasters will want paying for use of their platform and (in the case of consoles) Sony and Microsoft will want paying for hosting the content in their respective stores. Add in the fact that rally is a very niche genre and, well, the choices are either cheap DLC that would make pennies or expensive DLC that would ensure all parties got some form of return for their contribution. It doesn't take a genius to work out which path this venture would follow, does it?  

• Disagree 1

We talked about getting community modders involved for liveries before, and given the various issues (logistical, legal, financial, licensing etc.) related to that I imagine they'd be even more complicated for custom locations.

Neat idea but given all the challenges involved you end up with a similar amount of work that in-house development amounts to, but with all those added risks.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

We talked about getting community modders involved for liveries before, and given the various issues (logistical, legal, financial, licensing etc.) related to that I imagine they'd be even more complicated for custom locations.

Neat idea but given all the challenges involved you end up with a similar amount of work that in-house development amounts to, but with all those added risks.

I'm sure that there is a possible way, just need the will to find it. 

Would be fine that CM try to. 

All the community would be happy. 

9 minutes ago, elrojodp8 said:

I'm sure that there is a possible way, just need the will to find it. 

Would be fine that CM try to. 

lol game development does not work like this

I think it's great out-of-the-box thinking. Check the number of unbelievably good rallies available for RBR, thanks to open source.

And if it doesn't stack up right now due to the economics, it speaks to the clear desire of the fans - the demand is there above all for new, unique stages and rallies.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ianism said:

lol game development does not work like this

I know, but the best results come with a brave decision. DR! It's a good example of that, and it was a success.
If you want different results, look for different proposals.
Here nobody invented gunpowder. But I'm talking about finding a way to continue feeding this great great game!

43 minutes ago, elrojodp8 said:

I admire your optimism 🙂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caerphoto said:

I admire your optimism 🙂 

that's what I mean. Beautiful things are started by an optimist who dares to dream.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, elrojodp8 said:

You are a brakedreamer 😢

you see my parents told me at 2 that santa doesnt exist!! sorry

• Sad 1

I imagine when the first idea of DR arose within CM proposing EA, negative start replicas surely

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

`

2 minutes ago, elrojodp8 said:

that's what I mean. Beautiful things are started by an optimist who dares to dream.

like atomic bombs hahahha 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, nasoduko said:

`

like atomic bombs hahahha 

What an unfortunate example!

• Disagree 1

Just now, elrojodp8 said:

What an unfortunate example!

since for you the beautiful things that people needs is tracks on the dirt 2.0

especially for you my friend 

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

big risks of changing the cams on locked cars ....

24 minutes ago, nasoduko said:

big risks of changing the cams on locked cars ....

he's talking about community-made rally stages. read the original post

10 minutes ago, ianism said:

he's talking about community-made rally stages. read the original post

and i believe you have problems on multitasking your brain ,as many in here ,

11 minutes ago, nasoduko said:

lmao you're replying to something that is not talking about what you are talking about. 

don't insult people's intelligence for no reason, especially if your reading comprehension isn't up to par and you are using google translate.

2osENsr.gif

6 minutes ago, BendyWater said:

I mean.... It’s a good idea n all.

But they could (and should) just add workshop support (like wreckfest etc) and just let us do it for free? 

Allow mods like Assetto Corsa / Rfactor / AMS etc?

That’s the ethical route and the best way to gain respect from the community imo 🙂

they dont unlock the cars to make liveries  or fix the the cams do you realy believe they will add an option for custom things ?

even to the unlocked cars you need to make your files without touching the original,or you will get banned ..

anyway please give me seazon 3,4,5,6,7 just for not getting in here and reading this  !!

1 minute ago, ianism said:

lmao you're replying to something that is not talking about what you are talking about. 

don't insult people's intelligence for no reason, especially if your reading comprehension isn't up to par and you are using google translate.

2osENsr.gif

thats why there are 2000 topic in this forum ,cause everyone opens one for anything ,

why then you insult mine by saying that im reply to something that is out of topic for you !!

a forum with 2000 topics recycling things and nothing usefull 

google ?is this something new ???

the issue is not that you were off-topic. the issue is that you made it look like he was talking about cameras when he was not.

you tried to insult me for no reason. here is you trying to insult me for pointing out how you are talking about the wrong thing:

34 minutes ago, nasoduko said:

then you complain about me criticizing your comprehension. don't whine when you are the one to start things. 

16 minutes ago, nasoduko said:

why then you insult mine by saying that im reply to something that is out of topic for you !!

let me be very clear here. I did not insult you. I said your reading comprehension was not good. because it isn't. I speak french and spanish as well as english, but if we were speaking greek, it would lead to a lot of misunderstandings, because my greek sucks. it's just a fact. I don't take it personally. why do you?

I teach english. your english kind of sucks. that's not an insult. it's just a fact.