DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally - It's here

Looks great. Hopefully they won't be ********* and not release it on consoles. Get a little tired of people acting like console gamers don't like sims.

Hi Mike . . . Miat said you would be jumping in . .

This is more like the business, just how a game should be . . .the blueprint was laid down years ago, and years ago people said try and change it and you will ruin it . . . but leave it based on the real jobby and you have the winning formula, simple logic.

I was watching the Argentina stage of the WRC last night and can confirm that CM have the flying dust just right, lol . .

But, seriously, Dirt Rally really is what many of us have been waiting for, and already we have daily, weekly, and monthly online challenges.
Good format; daily can only be run the once, I got it at night and smashed my headlights on the first hairpin by driving straight on into the parked vehicles; weekly is very smart, you have to get enough cash to buy the right car which means a lot of play; and the monthly challenge has a whole load of races to complete.
My little mini S-type has a lot of work to do but as the advanced setup is unlocked I have changed the gear ratios and am now flying on the edge.

Hopefully, a lot of the old crew will turn up and give this one a go . . . my money says it's only a question of time before Assie gives in . . .all we have to do is keep the "Dirt" thread on our site busy with praising comments, lol . . .

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re1QbtBUs78&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Yep . . . Assie is now on Board, lol . . .
 The video is called Beating Assie. Took over 2 mins off of his time on the daily challenge . . .

Just me in Career championship in Wales (cockpit cam replay).

https://youtu.be/HAeO4wsJ678

Loving the game so far an it just gets better the more you play :smiley: 

Ooooh yes you do, put a wheel off the track in a few places and you get to see SKY/TREES oooohh dear.... 

You can even get thrown off track just hitting a dip in the track the wrong way, still, even the learning is fun as when you get it right you can be stunned by the results. You have to think about how the cars gonna react to what you see ahead and prepare for it, react to the road and you're in the wall/cliff/air or got a puncture/de-laminated tyre/missing wheel/cracked radiator.... the list goes on.....

I just ran Monte Carlo in the 2nd championship and somehow drove like a hooligan and STILL won the entire event by 1:15:XX took a vid of Stage 3 taken in-game instead my usual of a replay like the others above...

https://youtu.be/rTPOOjXGMhc

Ooooh yes you do, put a wheel off the track in a few places and you get to see SKY/TREES oooohh dear.... 
I hit something in the road proper the other day, and did a double bounce on the hood of my car.
That's something that hasn't happened in any game other than RBR for me.
I'm not sure exactly what it was because of the shadows I was in at the time, but it was definitely a wild ride.

Thats exactly what I meant a small hidden from view rock can be enough to fire you into the weeds D3 you KNEW you were off track and in danger...

You can even get thrown off track just hitting a dip in the track the wrong way, still, even the learning is fun as when you get it right you can be stunned by the results. You have to think about how the cars gonna react to what you see ahead and prepare for it, react to the road and you're in the wall/cliff/air or got a puncture/de-laminated tyre/missing wheel/cracked radiator.... the list goes on.....

I just ran Monte Carlo in the 2nd championship and somehow drove like a hooligan and STILL won the entire event by 1:15:XX took a vid of Stage 3 taken in-game instead my usual of a replay like the others above...

https://youtu.be/rTPOOjXGMhc
In.the video before my post he had gone off the edge repeatedly. Every one of those would fling you through the air as if you had no weight in dirt 3 

Not from what I remember, if you went WAAAY too far in D3 yeah you got launched but usually after you had gone "Off track", the point I was making is in this features in the actual road surfaces can launch you completely off the course. Costing you 12-15 seconds as opposed to the 2-4 using a flashback in D3 and usually no more than 4-5 if you didn't use a flashback.

The vid before your post about being launched is one of mine, trust me, every time I was off the track and recovered I was launched into the air until the very last bounce, all I could do was pray I landed it with the front wheels pointing in the right direction to correct the oversteer and stay completely away from the gas pedal till I get control back.

Case in point from a vid I made of D3 recently...

https://youtu.be/JnLwHzqVBS8

Around 1:05 - 1:15 I go a car width off track and launch it back onto the track and carry on regardless, Dirt Rally would probably launch the rear end and plow the nose into the deck with a hit like that.

@1:35 I hit a little depression in the embankment on the inside of the corner, no bigge that side of the car rises and falls the wheels stay planted on the ground... Dirt Rally would either throw you completely offline to the other side of the track or, maybe put you on 2 wheels.

Best of all @ 3:05 I hit the inside of the final corner at stupid speed put the car on 2 wheels and carry on regardless, Dirt Rally? Multiple Barrel roll at LEAST if not a DNF.

It's almost like in D3 the cars are magnetically attracted back to earth.

Off course the big problem is we're trying to compare an arcade game to as close to a sim as I've seen since Richard Burns Rally and I only ever played the demo of that it was so hard... Chalk and Cheese....

https://youtu.be/l-6vUcQu8Gg

At around 2:43 I hit something on the side of the track and it throws me up in the air and across to the other side of the track.

We must have played different dirt 3's.

But if Dirt rally is worse in that aspect, then I guess I'm not interested. In some areas it makes sense, but if its just random spots or areas that are flat, like dirt 3. Then to hell with that. Ill leave it to the fanboys. 

There aren't that many flat spots as the surfaces are mostly undulating with a few potholes, ditches, slumps at the side of the road above a 45 degree (or worse) slopes, off camber corners, tyre ruts, boulders, larger stones, bushes leaning over the track, and it's not random spots either, this game requires you to be careful or you'll make a massive mistake.

Get it right though and by [Insert Deity Here] it's fun.

Thing is though if you love rally, you'll enjoy the game frustration and all. You just start slow and learn the games handling characteristics same as every other game...

Plus you should see the replays when you DO get it wrong big style and kill the car :)

https://youtu.be/l-6vUcQu8Gg

At around 2:43 I hit something on the side of the track and it throws me up in the air and across to the other side of the track.
Shit . . . you are good, and with a clear HUD . .no instructions . .

The replay has no hud or pacenotes, but I had the speedo and audio from the co pilot when I was doing it

I use a pad, the camera options are the left and right bumpers. I don't know how that translates onto a wheel though

Shift up/down on the G27