Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally - It's here

I just found out about it coz I'm installing the original DiRT on my pc and it sent me to the main page to register my game. Will d/load it once DiRT's finished installing :)

Nice to see they left it off the consoles. Not like we haven't been waiting for it for years  :|

I must have had a premonition !

Yesterday I installed steam and Dirt3 for the first time on a works PC to see how it would perform. It's a beast of a laptop for FPGA compilation and it worked pretty well, despite the graphics card being a bit average.

Being sent off to somewhere miserable and sandy next week, so going to download this to keep me busy.

subarucj said:
Nice to see they left it off the consoles. Not like we haven't been waiting for it for years  :|
I'm pretty sure that next-gen consoles would black out in front of the recommended specs. 

Darhour said:
subarucj said:
I'm pretty sure that next-gen consoles would black out in front of the recommended specs. 
Recommended specs mean nothing to consoles. Games that have been on both have had drastically higher recommend specs for nearly 10 years now.

Also, I just checked the recommended stats, and I think you underestimate next gen consoles considerably. 

Darhour said:
subarucj said:
I'm pretty sure it'll come out on consoles when the game is actually finished.

So, looking at this video: https://youtu.be/H_qsGuNxbYU?t=152
Periodic Table of cars. Probably all the cars that will be included in the game?
2:32

Fantastic! I might have to buy a new PC if my Mac with Windows partition isn't good enough for the specs :)

Tbh it doesn't really look that good in the trailer looks like a last gen game, i know it's early access so hopefully it gets better :)

dirt3joe said:
anyone know how big the download is on steam ?
Just short of 22GB being eaten away right now. :smile: 

Ooh my bad, the download is just 7.4GB so the 22 is what it will take uncompressed i guess.

I will be disappointed if DiRT Rally is not available on consoles. I know it hasn't been ruled out but the lack of clarity isn't giving me much hope.

So you guys announce and release DIRT rally, the day after Kris Meeke dedicated his first WRC win in Argentina to Colin McRae.

I'm not sure if this is a calculated move or the best coincidence in gaming history.

But in all seriousness it looks really good and I'm definitely hyped for this. 

Howdy, BigLee, the old bugger is back and having paid his dues is downloading the game.

Having been here since 2008, and suffered the treatment from CM for the past few years, I hope you get it right with this one ?

Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of guys walking around with 2 fingers up . .  but having stuck it out for 3 years with pcars I'm ready for a new challenge . . . keeping an eye on CM, if you get my drift ?

Howdy, BigLee, the old bugger is back and having paid his dues is downloading the game.

Having been here since 2008, and suffered the treatment from CM for the past few years, I hope you get it right with this one ?

Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of guys walking around with 2 fingers up . .  but having stuck it out for 3 years with pcars I'm ready for a new challenge . . . keeping an eye on CM, if you get my drift ?

Lol nice to see you cross the corridor between the GRID and DiRT forums dude :D 

In all seriousness I hope you like it. 

Lol nice to see you cross the corridor between the GRID and DiRT forums dude :D 

In all seriousness I hope you like it. 

Well, thankee, kindly . .

I was always a Dirt man in 1 and 2 but cut'n'shut tracks in 3 finished it for me . .

Dirt Rally looks like we might be getting what we asked for, Dirt 1 brought up to date.

Unfortunately, if I was to show many my Richard Burns Rally sim they would run a mile, possibly the hardest racing game known to man, so it will be interesting to see how many take up the challenge of Dirt Rally.

Watching the videos I can see it has all the hallmarks of a Rally sim, usual high quality CM gfx, great audio . . .and a long way to go before completed.

I did notice that some thought £22 a bit high for an early access but many of us paid £45 for a full membership of pcars when we raced wire frames around square boxes . .and at that time it was a pre-alpha.

After all the water under the bridge it is hard to keep the faith, some might say this is what we had been begging for, for years but had been ignored, now that CM suddenly take up the idea smacks of a last ditch stand . . .that is what I'm hearing, with many believing that CM are not Slightly Mad Studios and will not stay the course.

I must be a sucker for punishment because for some reason I'm not drained of wishful thinking and reckon Dirt Rally is worth giving it a go . . Autosport pulled Grid out of the poo when it comes to showing that CM can still do it if they make the right decisions so if enough others take up the baton and do some serious beta work - assuming . .and it's a very big assumption, that CM actually listen to us and haven't thrown that in as another con trick - we could together nail it.

There are a lot of very good drivers, and a lot of very good computer guys out there whose beta input would be invaluable . . .they just have to get interested enough.

I do have one big niggle, CM have always boasted of their all-done-in-house policy . . . I know they must be aware of, paid-for-betas, early access etc., and would like to believe that they have finally woken up . .or someone has told them to wake up, but old habits die hard !

Hey Cap :) As usual very nicely put and I couldn't agree more.

Hi Lee. Another "Oldie" jumpin over the fence here as well LOL :) 
Gotta say though, even on limited gameplay I'm impressed, steep learning curve and some really vicious "nasties" hidden about, like big boulders ready to rip a wheel off the unwary..

Hope it continues in the same vein. Just put this together as I'm loving challenge of this game, off to do the next stages.....
https://youtu.be/AYzO9MDg3WU