Patch Notes for 1.08 – Discussion Thread

Hi everyone and welcome to the Patch 1.08 discussion thread.

Patch 1.08 is out now for Steam and PS4, with Xbox One following shortly. You can find the full patch notes here.

If something from this patch is not working the way it should, let us know in this thread. 

Please post any other issues and bug reports not related to this patch in the Technical Assistance forums here.

Be aware that any posts that do not relate to the patch will be removed. 

Thanks all!

• Thanks 1

My Game crashed in 1.08 several times within 10 minutes, the 1st and 2nd time when i tried to join a online match and the 3rd time when I drove around France in timetrial.  Never had something like that before.

Hi @McOlaf,

Could you try verifying your files and make sure that all of your drivers are up to date to see if that helps to start with, please? 

Validating F1 2019 downloaded correctly

• Open Steam and go to the Library tab
  • Right click on F1 2019 and select Properties
  • Go to the Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity Of Game Files

Since the other thread was closed, I will ask again here.

Was "Marriott Bonvoy" removed from the Mercedes halo? Were the gloves of the Mercedes drivers changed to black?

Congratulations on the excellent 2018 F1 update 1.08, just missing the Renault mustache just like the ones you introduced in the Aston Martin RBR.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, HDR10 said:

Was "Marriott Bonvoy" removed from the Mercedes halo? Were the gloves of the Mercedes drivers changed to black?

No and no.

3 minutes ago, sdenbroeder said:

No and no.

Nice "visual update" patch.

Hi all,

Please note I have moved a number of off topic posts to the off topic thread. Please remember to only post about the 1.08 patch in this thread. Thanks,

2 minutes ago, HDR10 said:

1. Marriott Bonvoy is still on the Halo of Mercedes.

2. Gloves of Mercedes drivers are not black, Lewis still got his white gloves, Valterri still got his blue gloves.

54 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hi @McOlaf,

Could you try verifying your files and make sure that all of your drivers are up to date to see if that helps to start with, please? 

Validating F1 2019 downloaded correctly

• Open Steam and go to the Library tab
  • Right click on F1 2019 and select Properties
  • Go to the Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity Of Game Files

seems to make no difference, game still crashes. (All files were verified)

@faya

When we have a patch to fix a career mode bugs and issues?

Why do cosmetics and visuals fix if the career mode is broken. Many people still waiting this to start a career mode.

• Agree 1

Thanks @McOlaf, could you send us your DXDiag, your Hardware settings and any crash dumps to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ ). You can find all the info for how to get them in this thread here. Thanks,

Cosmetic updates. Faya doesn't even address any serious problems. An absolute naughtiness. This borders on arrogance.@Faya

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

McLaren missing sponsors on the front wing end plate.

Both cars 

Edited by SIMRACER123
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Techstyler81 said:

Cosmetic updates. Faya doesn't even address any serious problems. An absolute naughtiness. This borders on arrogance.@Faya

This was a long-planned visual update, it's not like the car modelers and graphic designers that work on things like this are responsible for bug fixes as well.. Different people, different jobs. Faya's just the messenger. 

• Agree 11

1 minute ago, Worntoathread said:

Dies war ein lange geplantes visuelles Update. Es ist nicht so, dass die Automodellierer und Grafikdesigner, die an solchen Dingen arbeiten, auch für die Behebung von Fehlern verantwortlich sind. Verschiedene Leute, verschiedene Jobs. Faya ist nur der Bote. 

This does not change the fact that there are many serious problems. We don't even get an answer from faya as to if anything is being done. That is absolutely wrong.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Techstyler81 said:

Cosmetics are important in a official game, all needs to be as close as possible to real life.

But i agree, pressing issues still have not been dealt with.

Would be nice to get another road map for the known bugs and glitches that are going to be fixed for this game.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Techstyler81 said:

This does not change the fact that there are many serious problems. We don't even get an answer from faya as to if anything is being done. That is absolutely wrong.

Welcome to the world of Codemasters mate! 😄

Posted (edited)

Will the other cars be updated too? (Mercedes Halo Sponsor, Glove colour, Mercedes Bargebourds and mirrors; Redbull bargeboards) etc????

Edited by Mobcat94

After this patch I am not able to play the game - error code 7 appears during connection and that's it. I don't know it's me or not, but on patch 1.07 it worked (at least this part).