Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally - Out Now

Areyouben said:
Downloading right now. Can't wait too see how this compares to RBR and Dirt 3. Also good to see that consoles are on the list down the road. Hopefully enough people like it for you guys to make it worth to expand to consoles. If so then this could be the big turnaround for CM! :smile:
Much harder than RBR

Co driver calls should definitely be there! Don't know why they wouldn't on yours?
Hmm, I didn't mess with any audio settings or the co-driver call setting.  Your co-driver is talking to you?

How is the career in this game? Is there like a proper world championship like WRC? (I know not WRC ofc since dont have the license, but a world championship in that style..)

I know its just 3 countrys so far in the version, so guess its not that proper championship yet then I guess, but yeah..

Yep, was implemented way back when I visited codies in november
Oh well, guess that's why it's early release.... kinda unplayable until my co-driver starts talking #firstbug

Yep, was implemented way back when I visited codies in november
Oh well, guess that's why it's early release.... kinda unplayable until my co-driver starts talking #firstbug
Just watched a video online so I know what I'm missing.  Before the lights go out, my co-pilot does the count down, then he never talks again after that.

Did you happen to run the graphics benchmark? I think that's why we, and others, are getting this error.

Just add stage kms in selection screen please.Weird stage naming here in Greece.Ypsona should be Ypsoma or the much better term Anavassi.I will check back tomorrow with all proper naming.Thanks

Did you happen to run the graphics benchmark? I think that's why we, and others, are getting this error.
I've ran the benchmark a few times, I can hear the co pilot. Though the cam did stay on the start line while the car drove away in one test

That's an interesting theory... let me try it with mine. 

That's an interesting theory... let me try it with mine. 
I haven't run the benchmark at all, so that hasn't caused it.

Anyone who isn't sure whether to get it or not should watch my struggle trough the cold night in Monte! Sound, physics and visuals are all good and my only main complaint would be the FFB being not perfect on my Thrustmaster TX yet. But it's early access for a reason. :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FfdixtyQE8

Just a curiosity question, the Custom Event section does not feature service parks?

Do more that 2 stages and it will
Thank you very much for the response, if you don't mind, I have a second question: any chance of a rainy Greece? Or are conditions limited to those specific ones?

justbiglee thanks that you listened to me and you added rally Acropolis in your new game..

will it have online multi and rallycross in the future..?? make me know man..

Just a curiosity question, the Custom Event section does not feature service parks?

Do more that 2 stages and it will
Thank you very much for the response, if you don't mind, I have a second question: any chance of a rainy Greece? Or are conditions limited to those specific ones?
Stuff like that is up to you guys, if you feel strongly about it just ask.

ThisTo bad console players wont be getting a chance to play.  could be the single most disappointing announcement from Codemasters. No consoles? Early accaess? These are all incredibly bad signs. Early access is for small companies who need money to finish games. Codemasters is so bad off they need to resort to this approach? Not good.

No consoles? Only if there is enough demand? How are you gonna judge the demand. Another huge sign codemasters has no money. 

Giving up half your fan base by being PC only? Another sign Codemasters has no money to develop this game.

I have bought every codemasters racing game since grid, I play with lots of players who have been waiting for this announcement. and this is what we get. Looks like Codemasters will get no more of my money. 

That being said, I just watched some on Twitch, looks great, even if the guy playing was AWFUL. Too bad cosole player won't be playing. (Oh maybe in the future if there is enough demand lol). Another win by codemasters.

todd said:
ThisTo bad console players wont be getting a chance to play.  could be the single most disappointing announcement from Codemasters. No consoles? Early accaess? These are all incredibly bad signs. Early access is for small companies who need money to finish games. Codemasters is so bad off they need to resort to this approach? Not good.

No consoles? Only if there is enough demand? How are you gonna judge the demand. Another huge sign codemasters has no money. 

Giving up half your fan base by being PC only? Another sign Codemasters has no money to develop this game.

I have bought every codemasters racing game since grid, I play with lots of players who have been waiting for this announcement. and this is what we get. Looks like Codemasters will get no more of my money. 

That being said, I just watched some on Twitch, looks great, even if the guy playing was AWFUL. Too bad cosole player won't be playing. (Oh maybe in the future if there is enough demand lol). Another win by codemasters.
Considering the game is focused on the simulation side of things I don't see why it being PC only is a problem... As for early access, what is wrong with being able to support Codemasters and be able to play the game well in advance of the release? I think people like you seem to overestimate the size of Codemasters due to how long they have been around in the gaming industry.

If the console fanbase was so strong they wouldn't have announced the game as PC only, it is as simple as that.

I believe it will port to consoles once it is complete (after it leave early access), games always sell more copies at console compare to PC. 

Considering the game is focused on the simulation side of things I don't see why it being PC only is a problem... As for early access, what is wrong with being able to support Codemasters and be able to play the game well in advance of the release? I think people like you seem to overestimate the size of Codemasters due to how long they have been around in the gaming industry.

If the console fanbase was so strong they wouldn't have announced the game as PC only, it is as simple as that.
The problem is I can't play it :)

pity its not coming out on consoles :-( uber disappointed
That isn't final. If we can prove the demand is there, we can see what happens in the future but as of right now we're focusing on our Early Access model.