DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally - Out Now

LiteralZero said:
pity its not coming out on consoles :-( uber disappointed
That isn't final. If we can prove the demand is there, we can see what happens in the future but as of right now we're focusing on our Early Access model. 

It would be a massive shame if it didn't - eventually - end up on the consoles as well. I'm confident that there's plenty of demand for DiRT Rally on XB1 and PS4 (hint: just check Twitter or your Facebook page ;)).

For the time being though, keep it up!

pity its not coming out on consoles :-( uber disappointed
That isn't final. If we can prove the demand is there, we can see what happens in the future but as of right now we're focusing on our Early Access model. 
Could you not do something like Polyphonic did with Gran Turismo, when they released a prologue when the game was half way through development?  That didn't seem to harm their sales once the game was fully released. I get that the game is still quite young in its development, so maybe once  you feel enough contents is ready to do such a thing? As we don't know or neither yourselves when a full release of Dirt Rally will be, I know of a lot of disappointed  hardcore rally fans once this became clear to them.

I've purchased every rally game you've released apart from Dirt 1 and 2, which in my opinion  went backwards for those of us who are hardcore rally fans. this was after playing the demo's for those games, I only picked up Dirt 3 because it was on offer straight after release and was left disappointed with how far away it had shifted from the great Colin McRae games. I for one wont be purchasing a high end gaming PC, just so I can play what looks to be a huge step in the right direction from my point of view. If the game isn't released on console, then you've lost one very loyal customer and probably many more.    

Congratulations codies, dropping a bomb like that and getting us all excited. It is indeed what most rally fans wanted; going back to the Colin Mcrae days and getting rid of that Gymkhana dudebro crap + focusing on realism and classic rally racing with long atmospheric stages. The future addition of rallycross is also a great idea! 

This could be the PCARS of rally racing; build on community feedback. Time was right to release it now as we are starved of decent rally games and the early access idea is a clever one too.

Homerun IMO!

Of the little I did and seen from others This is going to be an awesome Rally Game once the few bugs are worked out like North American Steam edition missing the Calls outs and HUD Directional arrows.

I know your working on the fix though! Good on ya's!

The Environments are beautiful and handling & Driving is challenging!
Excellent!
I am hopeful of weather like Rain and Snowing & water splashes like in CMR04 and 05!
Be neat to add Germany and Australia and More English Countryside Rallies like back then!

Hoping for more than one Hillclimb .Not sure if you can get Climb to the Clouds at Mount Washington Auto Road Rally in New Hampshire in the States. But love just rally in general if not.

Hoping for a few more Older Rally cars in the future if they can be had!

Players like to drive there favorite cars like Maybe a old Saab 96 & Alfas GT's & Citroens Rally cars and of course Lancia Group S Volta ECV1.

This is going to be good!
Thank you Codies!

OK, I am not likely to get this in early access. I didn't buy DiRT, didn't buy WRC's, won't buy Loeb Evo. As soon as I see DiRT Rally going sim direction I am buying it right away. Reduce the grip (watch any real life footage, especially Monte Carlo- right now it is just way off), and add some weight to the car (no weight balance play with the car at the moment, but that might be due to high grip level). Cars should slide much, much more. Then stages- 10- 15 minute stages are a must. I get it- it takes time and resources to produce those. Give the community SDK- real world stages will emerge in weeks. If You are affraid those are too complicated for community to use- those guys know what they're doing. RBR has beed modded to it's limits and beyond. Ever heard of recently released New Generation Physics engine? It basically rewrites whole physics from ground up. Give it a go- it is easier to drive than previous mods, yet ads another demention to RBR's realism. Seriously- I am willing to help developers here- drop me a message, and I will walk You through. I can contact You with NGP makers, those German guys have done their homework. They drive rally cars, they have rally drivers testing each cars physics. Their creation is my benchmark for rally sim- my RBR show exactly the same behaviour as real life ones. Please remember, that RBR was extremely non modable by design, but it got cracked. This is how dedicated we are  If physics get improved You got vast  group of people willing to let You get our money. I am personally willing to accept subscribtion based model- renewing licence every yeat, or whatever. Next: DiRT Rally visuals are stunning (and not in DiRT eye candish way), sound is mindblowing. I cannot believe how much I've been missing all those years while playing RBR. You can make it happen Codemasters. We are all passionate about this, we all understand that You want our money, and we want a certain product. I will post more detailed explanation later on with appropate video footages etc. LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!

RBR isn't the be all and end all of rally games, and if codies had wanted to create RBR2 they would've done. DiRT Rally is about making an authentic rally experience, but this doesn't mean it will be a hardcore sim as the game still needs to be accessible to the overall audience which includes the casual gamer. 

what they have so far is a fantastic base to build on, and it will only get better, but if people want an RBR2, don't be surprised if you don't get it. I mean you can always go back to your 11 year old game anyway. 

"Early access" and "only PC for now" does not sound so good. But we'll see.
I would really like to see the game on PS4.
Good luck, best

Just one comment about the videos I have seen, no limits on wishlist:) 
Water splashes through sides (outside cam) and on windsields (inside cam) and some more rain effects as in Driveclub would be really nice and fit to spirit of game.

I'd like to see a time trial mode for the individual stages, an online leaderboard and the ghosts of my PB along with those of my friends or the world record holder should I choose to enable them. Pretty please with cherries on top ;)

RBR isn't the be all and end all of rally games, and if codies had wanted to create RBR2 they would've done. DiRT Rally is about making an authentic rally experience, but this doesn't mean it will be a hardcore sim as the game still needs to be accessible to the overall audience which includes the casual gamer. 

what they have so far is a fantastic base to build on, and it will only get better, but if people want an RBR2, don't be surprised if you don't get it. I mean you can always go back to your 11 year old game anyway. 
Hi! RBR is far from being the pinnacle of rally games, but there is a need for hardcore rally sim on the market and so far RBR is our only option. I actually had exactly the same discussion a while ago regarding Take On Helicopters. Long story short- if You want to please casual gamers- make hardcore sim with driving aids, or even alternate phyiscs ("realistic" and "arcade" to choose from in options menu). To appeal to hardcore sim enthusiast, do the same product. On top of that there is no competition on the rally sim market at the moment. We are hungry and are ready to throw our money on Codemasters. On the other hand there is WRC and upcoming Seb Loeb Rally Evo around the corner to compete with on arcade market. If CM tries to please sim fans and arcade fans at the same time, they're gonna make a choice. It's impossible to please both in current state of the games physics. TOH took that wrong route and was dead soon after release. Once again- I don't actually want RBR2, I want a realistic rally sim, and RBR with NGP (which actually is RBR2 at least in physics department) is all I have. If You don't like the fact, that Codemasters looks to be aiming at simulator level of realism, You can always get back to previous DiRT games with Ken Block and gymkhana stuff. Cheers!

I like this game. One of your best ever, even it has a lot to do.
But now already it seems to be a great racing game!

Thanks!