F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally (2015) FAQ

austinb said:
I get that once people purchase the Early Access game they wont need to buy any more content for it. But once the game leaves early access, will PC users who purchased the early access version have to pay out again for the full version?
And will there be dlc that you have to pay for once the game is out of early access?
If a dev could clear this up thatd be great because its slightly vague atm, thanks
Once the game leave early access, if you have purchased the game already you dont need to pay again. Early access grants you the chance to play the game while in W.I.P. and keep the game once it is completed. 

Future DLC after early access is depend on Codemaster, they could choose to charge us for it or give it out for free. 

BAB0 said:
austinb said:
I get that once people purchase the Early Access game they wont need to buy any more content for it. But once the game leaves early access, will PC users who purchased the early access version have to pay out again for the full version?
And will there be dlc that you have to pay for once the game is out of early access?
If a dev could clear this up thatd be great because its slightly vague atm, thanks
Once the game leave early access, if you have purchased the game already you dont need to pay again. Early access grants you the chance to play the game while in W.I.P. and keep the game once it is completed. 

Future DLC after early access is depend on Codemaster, they could choose to charge us for it or give it out for free. 
Thanks for your take, id still really like a dev to clarify this though

austinb said:
BAB0 said:
austinb said:

Thanks for your take, id still really like a dev to clarify this though
It is a fact that you won't have to pay for the game again when it finishes early access, that is confirmed. 

With thy regards to DLC AFTER ea has finished, I highly expect you'd have to pay for it. 

Everytime I start the game I must reassign the controls.

T500 + CSPv2 + CSS SQ

I choose the T500 profile in game. Whem it will be fixed? This is very anoing.

1) Its an amazing game... but, can you explain if all items on the Timeline are FREE or is this everything costs extra 5 eur or so DLC? You said everything in the Early Access phase but im sure your plan is to get more money out of it over the following month after final release.
--> https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/timeline 
Pikes Peak Pack, RallyCross Pack, PVP Pack all sound like DLC, just wanna know if that extra content, so if you put it together the game could costs at least double from the Early Access costs. It just feels that way, so it would be nice if you can explain this a bit. 

2) No WRC licence because BigBen Interactive has the license, i can understand that, but will Modding be supported? I dont wanna implay that people maight add WRC drivers, cars etc. just asking in general if Modding will be part of the game, maybe even Steam Workshop? But then again every WRC labeld content maight be not allowed because of the Name rights correct? So how are your plans for modding tools or options? 

thanks for this game, i really hope it will be a real successor to Colin McRae Rally 2.0, RallyCross gets popular, but I would love to see the focus really on regular Rally competition, thanks.

ot4ku said:
1) Its an amazing game... but, can you explain if all items on the Timeline are FREE or is this everything costs extra 5 eur or so DLC? You said everything in the Early Access phase but im sure your plan is to get more money out of it over the following month after final release.
--> https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/timeline 
Pikes Peak Pack, RallyCross Pack, PVP Pack all sound like DLC, just wanna know if that extra content, so if you put it together the game could costs at least double from the Early Access costs. It just feels that way, so it would be nice if you can explain this a bit. 
it has been confirmed by Codies that everything that we got during early access is free, Pikes Peak, Rallycross and the others on timeline are free since they are coming while the game still in early access. 

Hi all, 
does anyone know all the keys on the keyboard like for example "5 in Order to exted the contract with my mechanics" there so many  like 18,19 and so on I can't find.
Thanks for your help

T500 with F430 addon + CSPv2 + CSS SQ

Guys, this is very annoing and still as na issue. Is too much hard to fix this? Every single time I have to reassign the controls...

T500 with F430 addon + CSPv2 + CSS SQ

Guys, this is very annoing and still as na issue. Is too much hard to fix this? Every single time I have to reassign the controls...
Are you pressing the assigned continue button on your wheel at the very first prompt after starting the game? Don't hit enter on the keyboard, use the wheel. I had this same problem until I read this in the forum. 

We could do with more info on the developmet of the game , a time line on how long we will have to wait for this FFB update.
That for lots of us is stopping us testing the game to its fullest & making it hard to give any real quality feedback.

If no one has mentioned this, the Thrustmaster tx458 wheel must be added to supported wheels list. I have had the game for sometime now and haven't been able to play it yet cause no support. Also the TH8A+T3PA addons have to get support aswell.

androb said:
If no one has mentioned this, the Thrustmaster tx458 wheel must be added to supported wheels list. I have had the game for sometime now and haven't been able to play it yet cause no support. Also the TH8A+T3PA addons have to get support aswell.
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/5830/please-indicate-what-wheel-you-have/p1

Great game.
I want to ask about supporting x-sim. http://www.x-sim.de/forum/portal.php
This is great stuff there. I made one of  these for me and drive DIRT 1 & 2.

what about the g29 or g920 those are releassed yesterday. hope you can get them in there

Hi Codies, not sure if this post is the most appropriated place but wasn't sure where to put it.

At the launch of DR, a couple of press reviews talked about a track editor which would be added and made available for everyone wanting to create additional stages. Is it planned (if yes, any potential release date)? or a misunderstanding?

I have a question, does anyone know how Codies only improve an updates for DiRT Rally rather than develop DLC's for it just like Oovee's Spintires?

Hi everyone ! I have to say you made a fantastic job on this game, really, it's probably the best racing game I ever played... But because perfection doesn't exist, I had just 2 suggestions to do. Maybe you've already planned to do but...
The first one is about the track selection menu, it would be very very great if we could see the map of the tracks BEFORE loading them. Please consider it.
The last one is about the replay cameras. The best view angles are on the side of the track, or even in a drone flying far above the car, or trying to follow it. We do the race in internal view ( the true players do >< ), so when we watch the replay, we want to see all what's happened from the outside. The best actual camera set shows us a loop of very cool views and boring views with camera glued on the car body where we can't see anything but dirt... If we can see the entire race from well-placed external cameras it will be marvelous. I'll bless you if you do that !
Your game is excellent, so please, try to make it the most perfect it can be :)

Hi I want to ask a quick one about cars in dirt rally. The game is coming out for consoles next year. What I want to know is, will the Ford Puma and Transit as well as the Ferrari 288 GTO and Citroen Group B BX will be in the game? 

Chromatic said:
Hi I want to ask a quick one about cars in dirt rally. The game is coming out for consoles next year. What I want to know is, will the Ford Puma and Transit as well as the Ferrari 288 GTO and Citroen Group B BX will be in the game? 
Nope.