No info on big issues just patches for little issues

Well patch 1.08 just released but still there is not even one of the big issues fixed and still no info about the issues they will invesigate and probably fix. That is ridiculous and very poor communication.

It takes so much time before they fix something that most likeley I will skip F1 2019. Even when they will fix big issues, the time to play before F1 2020 comes out is so short it will be better to wait for F1 2020.

Really disappointed about the mess they created with career mode. The way they implemented driver transfers shows they have no clue what they are doing.

• Agree 7

Also doesn’t help that the staff members literally never reply back to you about issues they just move them into 1 discussion, whenever i go into the Dirt forums their staff members usually reply back and say about issues they are working on solving.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

ballie4 can you have any confidence f1 2020 will be any better?

There is not a chance in hell 2020 will be any better. Surely everyone who has bought their games from 2016 onwards can see it just copy/paste including the legacy bugs with additional content that is either ridiculous, unnecessary and a big waste of time developing when they could have fixed the underlying bugs which in turn cause more bugs. People are just so easily fooled into buying the game by "clever" marketing or this obsessant need to be part of eSports each year.

Edited by martbloke
  • Agree 2

On 8/13/2019 at 1:19 PM, ballie4 said:

Well patch 1.08 just released but still there is not even one of the big issues fixed and still no info about the issues they will invesigate and probably fix. That is ridiculous and very poor communication.

It takes so much time before they fix something that most likeley I will skip F1 2019. Even when they will fix big issues, the time to play before F1 2020 comes out is so short it will be better to wait for F1 2020.

Really disappointed about the mess they created with career mode. The way they implemented driver transfers shows they have no clue what they are doing.

Have you ever thought that maybe some problems are not easy fix or cannot be fixed at all with just a patch? 

The game is far from perfect, I agree on that, let alone the driver transfers mess, but what game is perfect? 

• Disagree 2

Red dead redemption 2 is absolutely gigantic. Incredible graphics and huge open world with so much variety in what you can do. I never encountered a single bug. Same with Spiderman on PS4. Yet Codemasters release buggy badly tested games every year. The game still has bugs that were present in f1 2010! People say they are a small team doing their best but they charge £60 for a new game same as everyone else so be nice to get the same quality.

Every year there is some huge issue that makes career mode virtually useless. Really irritating. They rush to get flashy new features with no care as to whether they actually work. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 1henryw said:

Red dead redemption 2 is absolutely gigantic. Incredible graphics and huge open world with so much variety in what you can do. I never encountered a single bug. Same with Spiderman on PS4. Yet Codemasters release buggy badly tested games every year. The game still has bugs that were present in f1 2010! People say they are a small team doing their best but they charge £60 for a new game same as everyone else so be nice to get the same quality.

Every year there is some huge issue that makes career mode virtually useless. Really irritating. They rush to get flashy new features with no care as to whether they actually work. 

🤔

Rockstar Games employees: 2 000+ (2018, wikipedia)
Take 2 Interactive revenue: $2668 million

Codemasters' employees (includes KL studio, Cheshire, Southam and Birmingham): 511
Codemasters' Net Cash Balance (16-18): -£100 million, (19) £18.2
Codemasters' Revenue (19): £71.2 million, (16) £31.0

Red Dead Redemption 2 development time: 7-8 years (2010-2011)
F1 2019 Development time: 1-2 years or if you consider F1 2019 just a copy paste game, 5 years (F1 2015 was the first game to run on EGO3)

Edited by UP100
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

🤔

Rockstar Games employees: 2 000+ (2018, wikipedia)
Take 2 Interactive revenue: $2668 million

Codemasters' employees (includes KL studio, Cheshire, Southam and Birmingham): 511
Codemasters' Net Cash Balance (16-18): -£100 million, (19) £18.2
Codemasters' Revenue (19): £71.2 million, (16) £31.0

Red Dead Redemption 2 development time: 7-8 years (2010-2011)
F1 2019 Development time: 1-2 years or if you consider F1 2019 just a copy paste game, 5 years (F1 2015 was the first game to run on EGO3)

I get what you are trying to say here but I don't buy that as any excuse.

1) if you are going to sell a game at top price like the big companies it needs to be of similar or better quality - fact. Just because it's a new game and officially licensed doesn't mean it has to go AAA price even if the quality is poop. 

2) The size of Codies makes no difference on them not being able to tidy the basics of the game up from year to year. Legacy bugs are still present. I mean if they sorted those out, it would already be a better game. Also if they can make the game with the components it has now, then there's no reason why they cannot make them with no bugs. What has caused these bugs is their decision making is rushed, not well thought out and generally poor testing which had it been thorough would've picked up these bugs and game breaking issues with features they've introduced. 

3) I only accept the excuse they're smaller than the big companies if they could not implement certain features at all due to resource and budget. If they bring something into a game, this excuse then goes out the window if it fails or is bug-ridden; that's just bad coding, lack of testing and general incompetence. I'd be put on performance plans if it was me in my job but no doubt, it's just all overlooked in the gaming industry as the norm which is ludicrous!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

If they were to say they are a smaller studio with less resources and staff etc so their games are only £20 then fine. Fact is they charge £60 so I expect the same quality. Other games dont have these bugs and issues every year.

They have the official F1 franchise so we have a right to expect alot better.

• Agree 4

@milook it'd be interesting to hear what did I get wrong? Most stuff that aren't Codies related are pulled from wikipedia or news sources, so they may be wrong. (Wikipedia is wrong with EGO 4.0 for example which wasn't a thing when it was seen in wikipedia for the first time)

9 hours ago, martbloke said:

I get what you are trying to say here but I don't buy that as any excuse.

1) if you are going to sell a game at top price like the big companies it needs to be of similar or better quality - fact. Just because it's a new game and officially licensed doesn't mean it has to go AAA price even if the quality is poop. 

2) The size of Codies makes no difference on them not being able to tidy the basics of the game up from year to year. Legacy bugs are still present. I mean if they sorted those out, it would already be a better game. Also if they can make the game with the components it has now, then there's no reason why they cannot make them with no bugs. What has caused these bugs is their decision making is rushed, not well thought out and generally poor testing which had it been thorough would've picked up these bugs and game breaking issues with features they've introduced. 

3) I only accept the excuse they're smaller than the big companies if they could not implement certain features at all due to resource and budget. If they bring something into a game, this excuse then goes out the window if it fails or is bug-ridden; that's just bad coding, lack of testing and general incompetence. I'd be put on performance plans if it was me in my job but no doubt, it's just all overlooked in the gaming industry as the norm which is ludicrous!

Exactly, they don' think about the consequences of their decisions. The way they incorporated driver transfers is ridiculous and unacceptable. Anyone could foresee this problems. They just don't care about their product or they don't have skilled people working there.

• Agree 3

On 8/16/2019 at 6:52 PM, ballie4 said:

They just don't care about their product or they don't have skilled people working there.

Maybe both.

3 years and the Safety Car is still not fixed. No matter what happens, it won't deploy. And it's frustrating especially in online racing

I don't think that the Safety Car is a bug they can't fix with just a patch. 3 games, all have the same problem, it's lack of attention or they just don't want to address some problems. If it was impossible to fix they would have removed it.

Driver tranfers are a HUGE mess

Or the game that randomly disconnects from the online race and when you rejoin you're like 3 laps back.

Or, OR, and this is the biggest one considering they're running their esport thing, equal performance that is fake, because there are faster cars and slower cars. An issue addressed by players since F1 2018, and still in the game

https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/cmzqrk/seems_like_equal_cars_are_not_fully_equal/

But they worked 2 years on this one...

The only reason I still buy this game is online racing in my league. But seriously, game after game it gets more and more ridiculous. 

Edited by TheWalker17