Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Mirrors do not show any illumination of the track during the night

During night time, on Bahrain, Monaco, Singapore and Abu Dhabi, the mirrors do not show any illumination of the track, making the area visible through the mirrors look dark.

Thus the mirrors become useless during the night and are a nighmare for any cockpit user.

Pls fix this ASAP.

20190814_124836.jpg

20190814_124200.jpg

20190814_124036.jpg

20190814_124635.jpg

Yep typical ... So many drivers use cockpit view but we get a **** wing mirrors.

You would think CM would push this feature, and you would think ESports would make it the only race mode.

But maybe ESports knows how **** the view is so they don't push it.

• Agree 1

I think there is a technical reason for it. Adding lighting to mirrors would greatly affect game performance, so they had to disable it on consoles due to their limited computational power.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 9:27 AM, D4rio said:

I think there is a technical reason for it. Adding lighting to mirrors would greatly affect game performance, so they had to disable it on consoles due to their limited computational power.

Maybe you are right, that does make sense after all, given the fact that the Ego Engine is seemingly less sophisticated to its direct competition in a plethora of aspects, i wouldn't be surprised if optimization is one of the many issues they have to work with on a annual basis.

Still it would be great to get a "official" answer by Codemasters on this topic as to why this issue of lighting won't be fixed in F1 2019 the game.

Hi everyone,

I've mentioned this to the dev team and grid lights aren't reflected in wing mirrors due to current performance limitations.

We have had to optimise and balance performance for some platforms.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

I've mentioned this to the dev team and grid lights aren't reflected in wing mirrors due to current performance limitations.

We have had to optimise and balance performance for some platforms.

Translation: the PC version is gimped because XB1 or PS4.

Surely this is one of the reasons for in-game settings on PC? i.e. either you can enable features not enabled on console or use more advanced functions.

If I roll this back to F1 2015, the late launch (just a year late) was because the game would not run at 60fps on XB1 even in 1600x900, so I suspect it is XB1 again.

• Agree 1