Sign in to follow this  

CODEMASTER has abandoned us ... and the game is falling apart

Posted (edited)

Hi all & @ChrisGrovesMCM,

I'm getting fed up with the game ... whilst the Elite levels are something else to achieve, the rest of the game (at least for me) is falling apart. 

1 - I haven't played against a actual opponent for a while.

2 - Bot's can do what they want and never get slowed sown when miles off the track. Instead they get NOS.

3 - Bot seem to change setup during the duel ... I'm getting ahead due to my performance in the first two sectors and in the last sector the bot get a jet engine and locks into rails. the speed and cornering performance is impossible and especially to the performance in sector 1 & 2.

4 - I'm getting penalised for AI car actively pushing me off the track and to get back on is classed as cutting a corner.

5 - AI is back to being overaggressive ... and craving into people and even other AI cars.

6 - AI moving in the braking zones ... classed as dangerous driving in the F1 rules.

7 - AI car are way to slow in the corners and after they get the good old KERS boost that I don't get and it's almost impossible to overtake on twisty tracks.

8 - Still no flags ... even when AI cars pile up on their own in the Nouvelle chicane in Monaco and fully block the track.

9 - AI car are racing each other aggressively ... I'm fine with that if I had a race distance (or at least 5 laps) to work with but I don't.

10 - only 80% of the performance in grid start races IS BACK ... even with me most powerful set up and the perfect start I'm swarmed by the opponent and AI before the first corner.

11 - I'm being robbed of the rewards when winning duels ... 1 out of three times it won't count to the challenges or the race wins.

12 - I constantly have to restart the app just to get the credits for waiting and playing 3 duels again. It just won't show up.

13 - opposite steering is back. (turn the device right and the car goes left)

14 - nobody from CODEMASTER has been responding to the F1 Mobile Racing forum since just after the pervious update (v6.5) was released.

15 - the in-app HELP has been abandoned and only response in automated replies and even misses it's own 48 hour targets by days.

and I haven't mentioned the penalty system !!!

These are some of the issues I am experiencing and I've been reporting these too but from CODEMASTERS side ... silence.

I appreciate I'm not paying for anything BUT I would if it was worth it. 

I LOVE formula one but this is turning into MAD MAX with F1 livery and on F1 track.

Please feel free to add to this and maybe we get a reaction.

PS: a response from CODEMASTER would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by akajk88
  • Agree 2

Your results are consistent with mine, but the bots can be defeated,  though I'm no longer playing much.

7 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

Your results are consistent with mine, but the bots can be defeated,  though I'm no longer playing much.

thanks ... it's sad that a game for the F1 fan is boring the real F1 fans and ends up to be JUST ANOTHER CAR RACING GAME ... I know the bots can be defeated but it would be nice if it was about F1 racing and not a game of HOW TO AVOID CHEATERS. 😞

Also would like to have a game for us to try and win a race instead of focusing to win an opponent. 

On 8/14/2019 at 4:06 PM, akajk88 said:

I'm getting fed up with the game ... whilst the Elite levels are something else to achieve, the rest of the game (at least for me) is falling apart. 

2 - Bot's can do what they want and never get slowed sown when miles off the track. Instead they get NOS.

3 - Bot seem to change setup during the duel ... I'm getting ahead due to my performance in the first two sectors and in the last sector the bot get a jet engine and locks into rails. the speed and cornering performance is impossible and especially to the performance in sector 1 & 2.

4 - I'm getting penalised for AI car actively pushing me off the track and to get back on is classed as cutting a corner.

5 - AI is back to being overaggressive ... and craving into people and even other AI cars.

6 - AI moving in the braking zones ... classed as dangerous driving in the F1 rules.

7 - AI car are way to slow in the corners and after they get the good old KERS boost that I don't get and it's almost impossible to overtake on twisty tracks.

8 - Still no flags ... even when AI cars pile up on their own in the Nouvelle chicane in Monaco and fully block the track.

9 - AI car are racing each other aggressively ... I'm fine with that if I had a race distance (or at least 5 laps) to work with but I don't.

10 - only 80% of the performance in grid start races IS BACK ... even with me most powerful set up and the perfect start I'm swarmed by the opponent and AI before the first corner.

11 - I'm being robbed of the rewards when winning duels ... 1 out of three times it won't count to the challenges or the race wins.

12 - I constantly have to restart the app just to get the credits for waiting and playing 3 duels again. It just won't show up.

14 - nobody from CODEMASTER has been responding to the F1 Mobile Racing forum since just after the pervious update (v6.5) was released.

15 - the in-app HELP has been abandoned and only response in automated replies and even misses it's own 48 hour targets by days.

These are some of the issues I am experiencing and I've been reporting these too but from CODEMASTERS side ... silence.

I LOVE formula one but this is turning into MAD MAX with F1 livery and on F1 track.

I agree with pretty much ALL of this.. But "11 - I'm being robbed of the rewards when winning duels ... 1 out of three times it won't count to the challenges or the race wins." especially tires me out.. ı win like 30 races to get "win 10 duels" challange, and since the game progression is really dependent on duels and challanges, it is frustratingly slow and tiresome to get the rewards... 

FIX THIS ISSUE ASAP PLS....

I held my thoughts about game for a while...

But I think it is time to share them now.

Besides all of the above that appears to be truth I can add that CodeMasters are no longer CodeMaters that built Colin McRae Rally game. For the current game they use engine of other racing game - pretty good racing game indeed. Rest is really... actually not that hard nowadays - F1 tracks are really well scanned so they have to scan several racing and similar to each other cars. CodeMasters built in not somewhat system for updates that has not that much sense in it, built rules that has not much sense in it - You loose duel, You loose 18-38pts no mater how fast You have been, You win duel - You win 20pts no mater how fast You have been... In game ergonomics is hell of a **** - most probably no one in CodeMasters has seen F1 steering wheel in real - drs is not on the bottom of wheel, on most uncomfortable place and with no dedicated brake button a millimeter push aside and You will brake instead of boost acceleration.

If I can summarize the game is against all principles of F1 where everyone knows what will get and for what, there is no option that someone will pass by a turn or shikane without penalty. In F1 everything is to put one thing ahead and control it - fastest way to make a lap; and there are strict regulations!

The only thing that keeps me playing it is speed, but there are other games that offer at least similar experiences...

As far as I know, F1 Mobile Racing is still being developed by Eden Games, not Codies.

Every game has a life cycle. This one may be near the end. Chris may not be working on this project full time anymore so that could explain his lack of responses.

They may have something new in development. I honestly can't see anything new coming for this game that's going to be revolutionary in future updates. We'll never get a true season mode or a functional penalty system. The recent elite levels have just been tacked onto the current system, so that's not even anything exciting.

• Agree 1

The game was working well this week.  Today they had time to role out a hotfix to bring the bad bots back, I got rammed in 4 consecutive races and quit.

On 8/21/2019 at 7:59 PM, xdakota80x said:

Every game has a life cycle. This one may be near the end. Chris may not be working on this project full time anymore so that could explain his lack of responses.

They may have something new in development. I honestly can't see anything new coming for this game that's going to be revolutionary in future updates. We'll never get a true season mode or a functional penalty system. The recent elite levels have just been tacked onto the current system, so that's not even anything exciting.

I appreciate the life cycle of the game BUT it's just mid season in the real world of F1 and with the summer break ending this weekend we should get some sort of update. Also this game should cycle on season on season since they've introduced the 2019 cars after the season started and made updates to the tracks etc. 

and I think @ChrisGrovesMCM is NOT AT ALL working on this game and neither seems ANYONE ELSE from CODEMASTER.

On 8/14/2019 at 3:06 PM, akajk88 said:

Comforting to see I’m not the only one experiencing all those issues. I pretty much agree with all of them.

I would add that the penalty system, despite being a good idea in the first place, is finally doing more harm than good the way it is implemented today. It doesn’t discourage bad behaviors and even end up giving unfair penalties to fair players. So, as of today, definitely pointless.

And that it is getting boring to fight duels I can’t actually win because my opponent (real or bots, who cares) can get 1+sec ahead within a single corner. I get the feeling I’m having more and more duels like this and it just feels like I’m losing my time. Especially when sometimes you finally get a good duel, with both cars remaining within a few tenth for the all lap, and it reminds you how enjoyable this game can be.

Is a better matchmaking possible?