No Sparks for certain teams (F1 2019) [R2]

Posted (edited)

"Another issue i found, a cosmetic issue which is connected to the cars setup. 

Certain cars do not create any sparks, unless i use 1/1 ride height.

For example at Spain, if i use Mercedes and put the ride height at 3/5 the car will create a firework of sparks making the track into a pyromaniac festival, but with the same ride height setting Ferrari does not create any sparks at all.

Williams and Ferrari are two teams that create either no or a very limited amount of sparks, unless a very low ride height such as 1/1 is chosen.

Do all the teams have different default ride heights, if so, why?

Isn't the 2019 FIA regulation demanding the cars to be at a certain standard minimum and maximum ride height, shouldn't therefore all the teams have the same ride height and thus create the same amount of sparks when set to 3/5?

What exactly was the reasoning behind this discrepancy?"

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, Format, New idea added

I have the opposite problem in career mode: I get sparks 100% of the time, even on a suspension setup with maximum height and stiffness.

It seems to be a bug, as it doesn't happen when the AI is driving (e.g. when I go to the track straight to a flying lap) but starts immediately when I gain control. A similar report, but given the date it's for F1 2018, seems to correlate it to the Fuel Tank Positioning chassi upgrade: https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/7lmcwt/bottoming_out_at_ride_height_11/

It does not seem to affect performance, but it is incredibly annoying because of the constant loud screeching noise (on the cockpit camera).

Hello from Germany, the alfa romeo is the only car that sprays sparks permanently. That does not look good, unfortunately. Will it be fixed? Thank you. Who has the same problem?

• Agree 1

I asked Codemasters not so long ago about this issue.

But many threads that are naming a issue or have more of a criticizing nature about the game are not consistently, or even worse not at all, being replied to by Codemasters since the 1.05 patch dropped.

Maybe Codemasters are purposefully keeping their replys to their customers at a minimum due to company philosophy?

Or maybe they are understaffed?

Or maybe they are working on F1 2020 already and simply don't want to share what will and what will not be fixed for next years game?

Whatever Codemasters is currently doing, it's no good reputation-wise.

At least they grant us a decent amount of free speech, but that is it, there is almost no correspondent dialog between the community and Codemasters.

Frustrating.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, Format, New idea added

Hey, I've merged a couple of threads about the same thing. Each car is slightly different in terms of how high or low they are to the ground as a result of how they are designed and thus the amount of sparks they generate will be different within the game. Hope this helps explain it a little. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RedDevilKT said:

Hey, I've merged a couple of threads about the same thing. Each car is slightly different in terms of how high or low they are to the ground as a result of how they are designed and thus the amount of sparks they generate will be different within the game. Hope this helps explain it a little. 

Thanks for clearing it up a bit. Been having issues with the Alpha also.

More interestingly, though, I'd like to know if anything actually happens when the floor hits the ground and sparks fly? To be more precise: does it or is it supposed to have an effect on the handling of the car?

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 4:20 PM, RedDevilKT said:

Will this be fixed, in terms of homogenizing all cars to similar ride heights so that we can use realistic car settings?

Using 1/1 ride height with Ferrari or Williams is pretty unrealistic, if other teams get the same effect at higher ride heights.