DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally feedback list

I hope Codemasters are taking on board all the positive reviews online about this "surprise" game launch . . . it's a very long time since a driving game got Grid 1 type responses . . . plz don't cock it up this time, it really is a great game which has so much potential.

Look at the history . . cock it up and after a few weeks you get it, with spades, in the neck . . . all these weeks down the line with Dirt Rally and we are playing it daily and loving it . . .  

This could be just me but I've taken a few cars from start to masters in career and noticed that upgrading seems to be a waste of time because as my car is upgraded so are the AI's, cancelling out any possible advantage . . .

I have one of those feelings where you can't quite put your finger on it but it's about there being something not right with the scoring system . . . it's as if I just know no matter what improvement I make unless it's a monster one the AI will keep getting a bigger boost to their times e.g., I improve by 5 secs, they improve by 15 secs, I improve by 15 secs, they improve by 30 secs etc. . .  

This could be just me but I've taken a few cars from start to masters in career and noticed that upgrading seems to be a waste of time because as my car is upgraded so are the AI's, cancelling out any possible advantage . . .

I have one of those feelings where you can't quite put your finger on it but it's about there being something not right with the scoring system . . . it's as if I just know no matter what improvement I make unless it's a monster one the AI will keep getting a bigger boost to their times e.g., I improve by 5 secs, they improve by 15 secs, I improve by 15 secs, they improve by 30 secs etc. . .  
They raised the AI's difficulty because people were saying they were too easy to beat.

Hi,

Dirt rally is good enough that I have purchased it for a few fellow Dk2 users. We are talking about dirt rally in praise here:

https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=22689&start=180

A number of questions have come up.

1- Can extended mode be supported as SWEET FX can not use direct mode at this time, sweet fx is HUGELY impressive and would improve the visuals of Dirt rally but not critical obviously.

2- Please can the dev team explain how to turn off dk2 mirroring to screen for those users that are having less than 970gtx, or does mirroring out to screen not cause any over head extra on the GPU?

Obviously the menus are not perfect for the Dk2, so any updates that can be made over at the oculus thread about the menus being better for dk2 users..

I called up the code masters receptionist yesterday and asked that the racing team be given a big thank you and I have never done that before so that is how good I feel dirt rally is, the dk2 integration is key to taking this game to the next level.

I hope HTC Vive around xmas, and CV Rift are supported.

Don't know if this has been brought up but some of the pace note's seem to be off greece is the worst for it at the moment 4 lefts that should be a 3 or even a 2,also more detail to the pace notes as some corners have osbticals on the exit that would be in real pace note's. As i said not sure if this has been mentioned so I'll keep it short.

Don't know if this has been brought up but some of the pace note's seem to be off greece is the worst for it at the moment 4 lefts that should be a 3 or even a 2,also more detail to the pace notes as some corners have osbticals on the exit that would be in real pace note's. As i said not sure if this has been mentioned so I'll keep it short.
It's been brought up before by numerous people and it seems the pacenotes hasn't been fixed. There is one particular stage where i always get stuck where he says left and its a dead end.

Well, I suppose we should be grateful CM managed to get the game this far before they stuffed it up.
Starting about a week back the game became unplayable for me as the frame rate started firing off all over the place . .yoyoing between 20 - 65fps. The only change I'd made to the game was finding the stability control and turning it on . .bad decision.

Now that the FIA rallycross is avaliable, maybe you could try and work with America's Redbull Global Rallycross. Different drivers and different tracks 

Well, I suppose we should be grateful CM managed to get the game this far before they stuffed it up.
Starting about a week back the game became unplayable for me as the frame rate started firing off all over the place . .yoyoing between 20 - 65fps. The only change I'd made to the game was finding the stability control and turning it on . .bad decision.

I'd say what happened is not 'stuffing it up' by any stretch...

It's unfortunate that some players see their game crashing, fps drop down when there's 5 more cars on track and there are still instances of Error 41. I'm sure the team is looking into reasons why that's happening and will work to optimise the game more.

It's an Early Access programme and you're kicking up a bit of a rant, because the fps dropped when there's a lot more going on in the game...

Now that the FIA rallycross is avaliable, maybe you could try and work with America's Redbull Global Rallycross. Different drivers and different tracks

Oh please no... While in my view there are sporadic moments of decent action there it's mainly average drivers crashing into each other while racing around car parks...

I'd say it's very unlikely there'll be any content from GRC - DiRT Rally has an official licence with it's competitor FIA World RX.

Does anyone know how to get 3 screens working???

I have an Nvidia setup with three 24" 1080p monitors.  It works just fine with iRacing, and all the other racing games - need for speed, etc.  I have the Nvidia Surround enabled so Windows 7 think I have a 5760x1080 single display.  But in the Dirt Rally game it only allows me to pick 1920x1080 or lower, and drops it on the center screen.
Sounds like the game could be running in "windowed mode" instead of full screen, try starting the game up and hit ALT+ENTER once in the main menu (default control for switching games to or from windowed mode),
I know the game starts up in windowed mode if the last time you played you didn't exit the game normally, e.g. hitting ALT/TAB & closing the game via right clicking the taskbar icon, wonder if it the aspect ratio being set to 16:9, instead set it to "Auto".
(my lack of confidence is because I have no experience at all with Nvidia cards from the last 4-5 years).

Assuming you haven't tried them already ofc :D

Personally I've been trying out AMD's eyefinity since the RX patch @ 5888x1080  (bezel corrected) and I gotta say that it needs some serious work.... 
The game DOES play ok on trips, making the game much more immersive than 1920x1080. I'm running this lot:
2 Samsung 256GB 850 Pro SSD's in RAID0 (O/S and Steam, Origin, etc)
2TB storage drive, (Steam games, Origin games etc)
AMD 9590 @ 5GHz with Corsair H105 Hybrid cooler
Asus Sabretooth Rev 2.0
16GB 2133MHz DDR3 corsair Vengence.
1250W OCZ gold PSU
2, Sapphire 8GB R9 290X's with Arctic Accelero Hybrid 120 GPU coolers,
3x AOC e2343F Monitors in Eyefinity @ 5888x1080

I'm comfortably getting fps well over my monitors refresh rate of 60Hz so I tend to lay with V-Sync on so that the GPU's aren't being pushed to the limit and any "tearing" effects are limited.

The big problems I'm getting are these:

1) There is a serious curve in any vertical line which gets much more pronounced the closer it gets to the edges of screens 1 & 3, during the loading screens this can be seen clearly as the Background panorama doesn't always fill all 3 screens fully, you would expect any such "edge of image" to be a straight vertical line but it's not, instead it's curved, the radius of this "curve" is from dead centre of screen 2, (roughly checked using a bit of string).

2) There's also significant stretching/magnification effects which get more pronounced as you look further from middle of screen 2. If you can avoid noticing this it's still playable though. It can be so bad that an object some distance away from you but at the outer edges of your field of view, will appear to be much larger than it looks when its out front and dead centre, even it's the exact same distance away from the car.

3) This is by far the worst one though, you cannot avoid noticing it and it's massively distracting. All along the bottom edge of screens 1 & 3 a horizontal strip about 10-20 or so pixels deep has a weird lensing/magnifying effect on everything as you drive, Sadly you just can't help being distracted by,
The only way I can describe it is that it's like an effect you can see when wearing rimless glasses or shades, right at the very bottom edge of the lens there can often be a similar optical effect that can magnify objects and even make it appear like there's a distinct "step" right where the lens ends, I know My Mother sees this effect when she has her specs on and she can even feel a touch of vertigo as a result.

I wonder if both issue 1 and 2 could have possibly have anything to do with the Oculus Rift being supported? With it's circular lenses sitting much closer to the eye any such lensing/magnifying effect would be barely noticeable and even "draw you in" creating a greater feeling of "visual depth"?

I DO however, know that It's possible to remedy both of the first pair, just like they have managed to in Assetto Corsa, Here with eyefinity/surround running, entering the gfx options you can find some settings specifically for 3 screen rigs, here you can set your distance from the middle screen and also another setting for the the angle of the outer screens. Once setup correctly for your setup there's no more distortion whatsoever. regardless of whether you have all 3 screens aligned or angled, even the replays come out with no distortion at all...

I don't know if this is the right place to write this, and I know you have 1000 requests about this, but I'd like to have track modding in Dirt Rally. I understand and it's totally comprehensible that we cannot have car moddind due to licensing (I would be happy with a DLC with extra cars), but I guess with tracks it isn't any problem about licensing. Soon or later we'll be bored of all the stages and RX tracks (specially if we've been playing since the first month of the EA). Therefore, I would like to request the possibility of track modding in this game. You would gain a lot of new people. I'm not underestimating your work at all, but this could make the difference between an excellent game and a legendary game :)

The gear-lag in group A and Group B cars must go. It destroys the feeling. And the B-cars should be way more aggressive and hard to drive, they are all to "lame". Also, for the kitcars. They should have more distinct, aggressive sound and feel more "crazy-fwd". No more gear-lag, plz.

The gear-lag in group A and Group B cars must go. It destroys the feeling. And the B-cars should be way more aggressive and hard to drive, they are all to "lame". Also, for the kitcars. They should have more distinct, aggressive sound and feel more "crazy-fwd". No more gear-lag, plz.
Have you actually tried driving the Group B cars quickly, particularly the 205 T16, that thing's a bitch!!

As for the Kit Cars, they feel and sound like the should. The 306 Maxi audio was recorded from an Ex Works Francois Delecour 306 Evo2 so I'm not sure how it can get much more 'distinct' than that.

I think it would be nice if we could see statistic rankings filtered by class, stage, country, player country of origin,etc. Not only overall, but also for each event. 

Maybe some ERC rally locations instead of always the same WRC ones?
Would be nice to see Ypres Rally in a rally game for once :)

Kemmelberg 2014:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20wm69_geko-ypres-rally-2014-onboard-lefebvre-dubois-ss-kemmelberg_sport

Kemmelberg 2015:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7YQyixRUpA

Hi,
Do you know if its planned to make possible to turn on/off headlights and wipers??

Sometimes like running in Montecarlo at night with snowy weather I can see much better with lights OFF.

Parking Lot!!
I imagine that real racers do at least a little bit of practice before hitting the WRC circuit, and it would be good to be able to simulate this too:

I really want a big (300 x 300 meters?) open space to practice in, for each surface type. Maybe one where I can put down my own orange cones to pirouette around. It would really help us newbies get a physical grasp on the physics involved in this sim, and a low-pressure environment to practice that "lift-turn-brake-release-straighten-accelerate" thing that my fingers seem so utterly resistant to.

And maybe this is for a modder, but it would be great to get the Hana Highway on there: 64.4-miles,  59 bridges (46 of which are only one lane wide), 620 curves (most of which seem like 1's acutes or hair-pins), virtually all of it through tropical rainforest. 

The Hana highway normally takes 3 hours for 64 miles of well-paved road! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hana_Highway) 

sqdstr said:ū
Maybe some ERC rally locations instead of always the same WRC ones?
Would be nice to see Ypres Rally in a rally game for once :)

Kemmelberg 2014:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20wm69_geko-ypres-rally-2014-onboard-lefebvre-dubois-ss-kemmelberg_sport

Kemmelberg 2015:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7YQyixRUpA

so much +1 for ERC rally events in in Dirt rally

especially Ypres rally would be an awesome addition !. and ypres fits perfectly for many classes as it was always party of european rally Champion ship ( group  B era , group A era, WRC ........) !!!

+1 for the  gear lag of group A cars... they seem to shift a bit too slow...

as for the group b cars it seems ok.

kit cars feel ok... but engine torque could be a bit higher and gear changes also quicker

Audi Sport Quattro feels too weak and understeery, which makes this car unbalanced, I suggest changing it to more powerful Quattro S1 to make it more competitive comparing to Peugeot 205 and Lancia Delta S4. Also you need to match sound with revs, cuz now they don't actually match, for example on 6,5k rpm you hear the sound like it's rotating on almost 9k rpm. It should be much lower.

Klogg4 said:
Audi Sport Quattro feels too weak and understeery, which makes this car unbalanced, I suggest changing it to more powerful Quattro S1 to make it more competitive comparing to Peugeot 205 and Lancia Delta S4. Also you need to match sound with revs, cuz now they don't actually match, for example on 6,5k rpm you hear the sound like it's rotating on almost 9k rpm. It should be much lower.
Think they only have the license for one Audi.

Think they only have the license for one Audi.
Pikes Peak Audi is Quattro S1 E2, just what we need for Group B rallying as well imo