Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally feedback list

I didn't go through all 39 pages of the topic but the first post didn't mention UDP anywhere. I hope UDP telemetry can make it to DiRT on consoles (you made it on F1 2016, so why not DiRT which uses the same UDP structure ?)
At least, on DiRT 4, please please please  o:)
As a minimum for sim racers : speed/gear/RPM yaw/pitch/roll heave/sway/surge (all can be actually calculated from current UDP seen in the PC version)
Thanks !

Could you please add an option to fully disable the 30 second count down from appearing in VR mode.

I would prefer to just hold the handbrake once instead of twice! Gets annoying after a while.

hi, i just got dirt ralley for psvr. cool game, but please give me the option to disable the cockpit (so i just see the road) and also to disable the "tunnel vision" when the car is tumbling. i get it that those things are in place to prevent vr-nausea for newbies, but when you have already some experience with vr-driving and not a touchy stomach, all this mandatory vr-handholding tends to make the games less fun and feel like it's a dumbed down version for kids. admittedly, it's even worse with some other games e.g. (no real cockpit perspektive in trackmania, no running and no fluid turning in most first person games,...) but these help-mechanisms are not a technical limitation, and one should be able to turn them off, and, frankly they suck pretty hard once you got used to vr and don't get a queasy stomach any more when tumling over, moving sideways while at the same time, sitting on your couch.

TUNING - When saving over a tune it is always renamed to its stock title. When saving over a tune the custom name should remain.

We definetely need VR mode
what the fuck is wrong with you, you already do have the mod for vr from dirt rallye, the engine is nearly similar why dont you put it in?
To everybody who says that it isnt important; just play dirt rallye with VR and steering wheel, make this experience and after that play this DIRT4 shit...
this is disappointing...
you did a step back...just as you did in DIRT3
btw, if you really want to E-Sport this shit, start to work on it...

Hello, here is my list for improvements.

- Navigator commenting with finnish language
- Chance to make smaller rooms (for example six)
- Raise player maximum amount to 12 (6 vs 6 in rally cross)
- Possibility to get both money and experience from wins and other placements in online after final results
- Chance to drive rally-cross tracks opposite way
- More tracks :)
- Offline hotseat and split screen
- Add 4vs4 "Cat and mouse" -event from Dirt 3! It was very fun!

Many thanks if any of these is possible to make!

Logitech G29 L2 & R2 buttons not usable at all. T buttons work fine when playing Dirt Rally, so I am at a loss how they do not on Dirt 4. Since it is unplayable for me, is there a path to receive full refund for this game from you?

The stages are vary simple and fast, whit no tecnical part. Fourth and fifth gear always grafted, never a hand brake...
I hope the stages will be better.

Tk

Hello Codies. DiRT 4. It's fun. Thank you guys for working on it. Seriously. I like the Rallycross portion of it. That said, it doesn't "feel" as authentic as DiRT Rally does.

The stages in DiRT 4 become recognizable far more quickly than anything in DiRT Rally. I think because the structure becomes clear in DiRT 4, where as in DiRT Rally, those are actual, real-life roads. Not to mention that the co-driver calls aren't in the same league. Again, I think because of the random stage generator of DiRT 4.

In short, I really hope the team will not abandon DiRT Rally. If you don't make a DiRT Rally 2, then I really hope that at bare minimum, DLC is made for "DiRT Rally", 'cause it's truly an amazing achievement.

Please fix the various non-english copilot issues.

Here is a bad example in French, she says "quatre-vingt dix degrés GAUCHE" when it fact is a right (==DROITE) corner. Somehow, the graphical pacenote is correct, but the audio is not !!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dirt+rally+bug+copilote&&view=detail&mid=F024A47DA7F1F4050791F024A47DA7F1F4050791&FORM=VRDGAR

Hi There,

Could you please look at the wheel support for the Fanatec CSL wheel base with X Box one wheel. Other wheels are having the same issue where not all the menu icons are represented in the controls config. I have tried to alter them myself using the wheels registry settings and adding more keys but then I get locked out of Racenet for altering system files.
Every time I restart the game I have to re bind my controls as the game does not register the wheel as it does not have a dedicated input .xml. Extremely time consuming and frustrating and for a game that is still getting support should not happen, especially when I see so many others having similar issues.
It is impossible to play in VR when you constantly have to remove the headset to check for the keyboard. The pause button seems to cause issues from reading forums though I feel the issue lies deeper. Pleas please please can you guys fix this! I have pumped over 130hrs into this game and it is my all time fav. Took me ages to get good at it and I would hate for such an amazing game to be spoiled by such a simple fix.

Would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time :D
Daniel

Hi all,

Please add some more tracks in Dirt Rally. Is it possible to back port some Dirt 4 tracs? I suppose porting Dirt 3 tracks would not be possible because the resolution is lower... I would love to buy some DLC. Heck, I am going to part-exchange my PS4 to buy a PS4 Pro and Dirt Rally is the main reason for that! (already bought a wheel and wheel stand just for the game.)

It would also make for a fun experience, to have the pace notes available for a co-pilot. Show them on a phone or tablet, or use the social screen in VR. That would make for fun rallying night parties!

And why not use crowdfunding to add DLC or VR support to Dirt4. I would love to give you guys more of my money for stuff I want! I am not buying Dirt4 without VR support, because I am not going back to non-VR gameplay. It just feels so right...

Regards,
Julien

Hiya ,I've asked on Twitter as why dirt rally find a league search function is broken,it's been Birkenhead for almost a week on the www.dirtrally website,

ive just gone on there again to find a freinds dirt rally league and it's stuck in search and loading mode,

so so I can't even join his league, devs can you please sort this or give me a reply to say you when it will be fixed, this is not for dirt rally 4 but for dirt rally ,
many many thanks

senn said:
Hiya ,I've asked on Twitter as why dirt rally find a league search function is broken,it's been Birkenhead for almost a week on the www.dirtrally website,

ive just gone on there again to find a freinds dirt rally league and it's stuck in search and loading mode,

so so I can't even join his league, devs can you please sort this or give me a reply to say you when it will be fixed, this is not for dirt rally 4 but for dirt rally ,
many many thanks
Hey senn, can you let me know the name of the League so we can take a look? 

Hello Christina ,
Thanks for getting back to me as you lovely guys and girls always respond swiftly from codemasters,
the name of the league is
Half-Fast Racing league ,
Ps4 
and the guy who has created the league is (gutter boy)
it's was working because our other friends has been doing the league events ,and he joined that league 2 weeks before Christmas ,it hasn't been working since just before January 1st , I've just now tried again and still not working ,so it's been now 17days out of action from date of this post,

Hi guys,

As previously stated above could you pretty please reply as to whether the Fanatec CSL wheel will be properly supported in a future patch. I noticed you replied to another question from member Senn two days after my post (which is greatly reassuring that the forums are closely monitored :)  and would greatly appreciate if I could selfishly take some of your time to review the request. It pains me that not all valid requests/ enquiries are answered given their relevance and gives the impression that the answer although highly sought after by the growing community of CSL wheel owners will never be found.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou for your time in advance.
Daniel

Hello,

Already Bravo for the view Helicopter that remains throughout our race and thank you.
I come to make a return on Dirt4 regarding the replay of our races, especially on the Helicopter view. For the futur dirt 2.0
To improve the helicopter view:
- it would be necessary to have the possibility of zooming on the car using the analog joystick to have a precise zoom or if possible, do automatic zooms.
- it would be necessary that from time to time the helicopter could go to the side of the road to take side view of the car and not always last the car. (Looks like a parasail attached to the car right now)
- the helicopter sight should also be able to take the car more horizontal to have a more distant landscape. In the game currently it does it slightly when the car gets up, but not enough.
- it would also be necessary to have two helicopters to have different angles of view that would be good.

As I said before, take the example of the game WRC 2001 on PS2, this game has everything needed for replay except of course the playability and graphics of dirt 4, as I repeat in this one, This one has the possibility even for the plans tv camera to keep the view, as for example to keep the sight of the central cockpit or the view of the wheel during the replay.
You should give the players the possibility to keep the view of any view of the game, even that of the tv camera, because for the player it is frustrating not to choose his sight to see his race in the game, Angle that one wants.
In the game WRC2001 on PS2, there is the button that maintains the view and the button that allows to release the view and I can tell you that it is very appreciable.
In the game Dirt4, the slows of the TV view are predefined, the change of camera corresponding to each plot of the course. One can not choose on this part of the course the view TV that one wants in WRC2001 on PS2 one can.

Jaquette of the game WRC2001 on PS2:

https://www.google.fr/search?q=wrc2001+ps2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5sqmvvsTVAhUEI1AKHZBlBlUQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=608#imgrc=h-u1EwMgoaSRfM:

There is also in the game WRC2001 on PS2 a tracking view that follows the car where the camera is the route of the road following the car from 3 to 6 meters behind without sticking the car and not the game camera that sticks car. This view should be added.

Watch video by the minute 3:51 (chase)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncgVrzDTpw
Can you please add these improvements that are for me and for others very important?
Inspire yourself from WRC 2001 on PS2 
Waiting for programmer return... 

thank you.

Dirt2.0 soll wieder einen Hotseatmodus haben damit man wieder direkt gegeneinander antreten kann wie bei CMR2.0!!

So... I've been playing Dirt Rally with the wrong default steering linearity settings of 0 for the past two years!!!

Today I was experimenting and thought I'd try setting steering linearity to -10.  I had to then increase the sensitivity by reducing steering saturation a bit as the steering range had  then became too large but once that was done the game has suddenly come alive! 

I now have far, far better precision, steering resolution, better FFB and the cars now handle exactly as they should. It feels almost like a real rally sim now and the 205 T16 has gone from being a total animal that was very difficult to drive to being the best car in the game. Cant believe it!

So.... if you arent running on -10 for steering linearity you owe it to yourself to try it. You will thank me later..

Its a totally new game!!!

Hi my idea for dlc is tarmac rally Barum . Its very popular rally in ERC cycle . Many people on it . Beautifully prologue in bus station . Narrowed and twisted and broken tarmac with lots of dirt in a corners . Secoun idea is multiplatform multiplayer . I have lots of friends with PS4 I play on pc . That will be great to have opportunity to play with them .