Sign in to follow this  

Super deluxe edition ? -_-

9 hours ago, Malling said:

We're pretty sure at this point that it's a Mk IV from 1999, but I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest which championship the default livery - if any - will be taken from. That said, I'm also crossing my fingers for it to be the BRC example, with fond memories of Mobil 1 RC myself 😄

It’s weird how Codies haven’t confirmed which Golf it is, not sure why it needs to be a secret lol 

I will buy only 206 and golf other cars i seen in DR1 or dirt4 why we cant get some extra hard rally like corsica or something ? 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

I mean, a season pass is only good for N seasons in any game. A lot of games only let a season pass be good for a single season, CM at least gives you 2 seasons per pass which is around 6 months worth of content.

More condescending apologist nonsense. Season passes in games have traditionally been 12 months worth, or 'that years worth' of DLC content. It's was meant to piggy back on the concept of sporting season ticket passes, ie: you would get access to all of 2019's games (content) as a season ticket holder.

It was far more common than not for all of a game's planned DLC to be included in a "season".

Only recently has the concept of seasons been bastardised by games like Destiny where there was additional DLC sold post the season pass, or Fortnight where they have made 'seasons' only a couple of months long.

More useful is to look at what you get for what you pay. I'll only talk rally because RX is stupid (calm down) and no Dirt Rally 1.0 fan asked for it.

The base game gave us 6 rally locations for $60 USD (insert your countries price here, mine is $85 AUD)

Season 1&2 gave us 4 more (retouched but ultimately recycled) rally locations for $30 USD ($43 AUD) or $20 ($30 AUD) if you bought the deluxe version.

Season 3&4 gives us 2 more (retouched but ultimately recycled) rally locations for $30 USD ($43 AUD) in all likelihood.

So it's $110-$120 USD ($158-$191 AUD) to get the game with just 12 locations (but a 138 bugs!). That is CRAZY expensive for a game that they are already walking away from support wise. This isn't an enduring platform with years of planned support (ala iRacing, DCS, IL2 etc). This is a single release that has nickle and dimed us for at least $110 USD to get what should have been in the base game.

For those of us lucky enough to have an Oculus VR headset and who bought the game on Steam at launch enthused by the pre-launch announcement by Codemasters that the game would definitely support Oculus VR by summer, we're now looking at a double ****-take as CM's have allowed the Steam version to be gimped so badly that you have to run potato graphics just to match the surprisingly 😐 full price Oculus Store release (with no DLC or Deluxe option).

But please, do continue to defend the pricing model, apparently you think we should be grateful?

Edited by JesseDeya
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

Season 1&2 gave us 4 more (retouched but ultimately recycled) rally locations for $30 USD ($43 AUD) or $20 ($30 AUD) if you bought the deluxe version.

Season 3&4 gives us 2 more (retouched but ultimately recycled) rally locations for $30 USD ($43 AUD) in all likelihood.

If you do the math, do it properly. DR1 locations costs 3.49 EUR. Don't list price of whole DLC when arguing about locations.

I'm not defending CM. They indeed made some controversy moves. But it's not a reason to stretch the reality.

BTW: wasn't it clear at day one what content will deluxe version contain?

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

I'm pretty sure single locations and cars will be for the same price. Complete seasons are good for those who want to collect/play whole content.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

I find it unfair for people to say the locations revisited are a copy/paste. In fact, these revisits present quite a lot of changes despite being the same routes. These routes have been used for decades in real rally racing and still people go watch it because it's fantastic and iconic.

The return of these locations from DR1 is thrilling because we can experience these tracks with better physics and proper jumping physics and track degradation for the first time.

There's also the graphics update part, which isn't so notorious because DR1 maxed was already great and reached a satisfactory standard for racing games. But still, this one also matters. When DR3 is announced, I'm counting to see all the DR2 locations and tracks as the base game, put together with an extra route for each rally and I wouldn't like to see people bashing CM for rehashing content. That's how racing games are supposed to be, you are supposed to have the best and most used tracks in real life.

Ouninpohja has almost always or always been used in Finland Rally, and i hope it keeps being used forever. It's a benchmark for cars and drivers and an historic mark. And I hope it stays forever in the coming DiRT Rally titles, along with all the other tracks that took so much work to get done, because they are simply brilliant, accurate to reality, and so well crafted. What i do want to see is more rally stages, and I will glady pay for every single one of them.

Current content should not go to waste.

I understand some of the frustration people are having by the fact that there's no new rallies coming during DLC, I wanted more too (Corsica, San Remo, Portugal, etc). Probably that won't happen anymore now, as the new rallies have been put in the base game (and imo it was the correct choice). But the fact that the masterpiece locations from DR1 join the new ones in DR2 optionally, that means that we will have, for the first time in a long time, a nearly completed WRC calendar on a game that has proper graphics, proper sound, proper physics and technology that we haven't had before. And for that, I am very thankful to have the opportunity to experience such immersion in virtual reality since I lack the funds to do what I most wanted: rallying.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

49 minutes ago, Riggs said:

I find it unfair for people to say the locations revisited are a copy/paste.

To be clear, I’m not complaining that they have been included - I like them - I’m suggesting that the pricing model in general is pretty average. 

49 minutes ago, Riggs said:

When DR3 is announced, I'm counting to see all the DR2 locations and tracks as the base game, put together with an extra route for each rally and I wouldn't like to see people bashing CM for rehashing content

Few would criticise them for including MORE content in their game. The criticism stems from holding back content and charging extra for it. The DR1 content should probably have been included in the base DR2 game, or released as free upgrades as they finished then (like so many other racing games) but CMs have chosen a different business model and I expect they will do the same next time.

8 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

If you do the math, do it properly. DR1 locations costs 3.49 EUR. Don't list price of whole DLC when arguing about locations.

That is a fair point, but at least as far as I can remember it wasn’t clear at launch that the content would be sold separately from the season passes.

I personally probably won’t buy season 3&4 and instead stick to two locations and a couple of cars.

IF they had an upgrade for Deluxe owners to Super Deluxe for say $15, then I would go all in, but I’d be shocked it they extend that olive branch. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, JesseDeya said:

I personally probably won’t buy season 3&4 and instead stick to two locations and a couple of cars.

IF they had an upgrade for Deluxe owners to Super Deluxe for say $15, then I would go all in, but I’d be shocked it they extend that olive branch. 

Same thoughts.
Greece and Finland + 2000cc is for me.
Don´t wanna pay for RX content (season 4).

• Agree 2

seeing how they have configured seasons 3 and 4 the most fair thing would be to be able to buy them separately for those who do not intend to us the rallycross, buy only the 3 and vice versa (more abu dhabi)

• Agree 1

I think this is pretty simple: Season 3 and 4 were announced because Codies got enough money from the first two to justify continuing development. Giving the new seasons free for Deluxe players would make no sense though as I could claim somewhere around 50% of the consumers bought the Deluxe Edition.

You guys are extremely lucky to be able to get continued support. I'm not so sure if that will happen with GRID19...

• Like 3
  • Disagree 1

The content for season 3 will have been completed months ago. It’s now on what’s known and a scheduled release (an automated timed release) for those like myself who want to pay for it in support of the game. They are not working on it now, as it takes at least 2 weeks to get xbox certification plus QA plus fixes etc. So all content is ready to go, they may be still working on the last parts of season 4 (but again as a digital artist myself) I would not suspect this to be the case at all as it would be irresponsible, reckless and potentially fatal to company. In reality most content was finished when the game launched and a skeleton crew would finalise the release schedule while the teams work on F1 and Grid. By chopping it up and charging for each season they get additional financial support after the game launches as they work on other titles. I love this delivery method as should everyone here who wants codemasters to succeed. I’m actually all in favour of adding micro transactions for legendary skins and increasing the cost of the DLC so we can fund and support them this way also. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

While I obviously prefer cheaper content (cheaper in price of course), I think DR2's DLC was a little bit too cheap. It feels like they could've pushed the price a little bit further for better funding, as I'm unaware if the current price actually pays off.

That is, if we compare the prices to FH and AC DLC. As a first try, it's not bad the way it is, and I hope this whole investment turns into a victory for both sides so that we can have more of it in the future.

Edited by Riggs
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

Pricing is on point imho. The base game was quite expensive and the DLC a little cheaper. For some of these car models I have been paying 5 times over already since I bought Colin McRae: DiRT2, DiRT3, DiRT Rally, DiRT4, DiRT Rally 2.0. The RX Metro & RX RS200 for example are basically the same model in all of these games and their rally editions were already in the game, yet it was part of the DLC. I think they could have made some more tactful choices but overall I've been enjoying this game a lot (~230 hours so far... many more to come) and I'll continue to buy any ingame content for the foreseeable future. I hope we'll see an Mega Deluxe Edition or whatever with Season 5 & 6, and then a Ultra Deluxe Edition with Season 7 & 8, et cetera.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, UP100 said:

I think this is pretty simple: Season 3 and 4 were announced because Codies got enough money from the first two to justify continuing development. Giving the new seasons free for Deluxe players would make no sense though as I could claim somewhere around 50% of the consumers bought the Deluxe Edition.

You guys are extremely lucky to be able to get continued support. I'm not so sure if that will happen with GRID19...

The key difference between Grid and DR2 is that all track content will be free and that may go a long way to maintaining interest levels should the seasons extend beyond those proposed in the pass. 

Personally I think Codemasters have made a huge mistake with this super deluxe edition because I can't see how it's possible to put a price on it with seasons 3 and 4 included. DR2 DX is frequently on Xbox marketplace for £38 (as well as being incredibly cheap to buy physically) and if for arguments sake the new season pass is £19.95 (that's my guess) that makes the entire bundle £58 purchased separately

If they ditch the DX edition and sell the SDX for the same price then new users will be effectively getting season 3 and 4 for free whilst existing users will still have to pay for it and if they sell it for more than the DX version then nobody in their right mind will buy it because of how cheap it can be purchased in bits. If they sell it for less than the DX to compensate for that then, well, let's not go there.

My gut feeling is that Codemasters have jumped the gun a little and the obvious/sensible thing may have been just to leave things as they are. Sell the proposed new stuff individually or discounted via a season pass and that way everyone pays the same and nobody gets upset. If they want to bundle it all together then why not just a £54.99 GOTY a little further down the road?. But hey, I'm sure Codemasters have thought all this through so who am I to question the powers that be!

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Agree 1

imagine if they did this with f1 game,released it with only a few tracs and the rest were dlc would you be happy to pay for them ?????????

Posted (edited)

If those "few" tracks would cover complete F1 season, and DLC would provide circuits from other seasons - why not.

The point is, there are not (and likely won't) more brand new locations in DR2. All original DR2 locations has been released in basic package of the game.
So those additional locations are really additional. If they didn't exist, DR2 were end with no more locations.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, chrisjaf said:

imagine if they did this with f1 game,released it with only a few tracs and the rest were dlc would you be happy to pay for them ?????????

Bizarrely I mentioned this very thing on my Xbox marketplace review many, many moons ago.. Exact same game, exact same point 🙂 .. I think that's by the by now because most (myself included) have gotten over it and accepted the extra content has made DR2 a much better game. 

My point was more how the game goes forward from here on in.. 

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

If those "few" tracks would cover complete F1 season, and DLC would provide circuits from other seasons - why not.

no you misunderstand,if you only had 5 of the tracks for the start of the 2019 season and the rest were dlc ????,like we have in rx no way of doing a full 2019 season in an official game come on it's a **** storm and the people that run rx championship should be taking licence back from codies as we cant play full season on their game even though its the official game of the championship.or codies see the error of their ways and wise up to this glaring mistake on their behalf.official game should have the option of playing full season from day one not have to wait for half baked dlc at an extra cost.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

The key difference between Grid and DR2 is that all track content will be free and that may go a long way to maintaining interest levels should the seasons extend beyond those proposed in the pass. 

Well that's the difference between DR2.0 and GRID19 in general. GRID would lose all of its players after the first season has been released if the tracks wouldn't be free in online for example. The decision was pulled just to allow everyone to play in the same sessions afaik.

Yes please i want to buy only season 3 not 4 im rally fan not rx fan ! This will be very good and i will purchase it. please make it CM so everybody can choose what season he want !

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Well that's the difference between DR2.0 and GRID19 in general. GRID would lose all of its players after the first season has been released if the tracks wouldn't be free in online for example. The decision was pulled just to allow everyone to play in the same sessions afaik.

Who knows what the decision was - but if what you say is the reason then why not just make DLC available in multiplayer only? Cynics may arrgue it could just as easilly have been determined by the effects of public reaction from DR2.0 regarding locking recycled content into DLC and how it's now having an adverse effect on preorders of Grid. We'll never know 🙂

Posted (edited)

grid will flop in my opinion as codies have dropped the ball so to speak with recent releases dirt 2.0,f1 released in a  mess with lots of school boy errors,a company like codies should not be making these big mistakes,so over to codies to try apeas their fan base instead of alienating them,come on codies pull a rabbit out of the hat.do the right thing,please.the grass is not always greener on the other side stick to what worked in the past fan base first before shareholders dividends.if you want to know how to do a sim go play project cars 2 for some inspiration although not perfect by far the best.codies will find a way to insert dlc don't worry about that.money money money

Edited by chrisjaf

2 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Who knows what the decision was - but if what you say is the reason then why not just make DLC available in multiplayer only? Cynics may arrgue it could just as easilly have been determined by the effects of public reaction from DR2.0 regarding locking recycled content into DLC and how it's now having an adverse effect on preorders of Grid. We'll never know 🙂

The DLC is still paid though, you can just rent DLC cars online (without a chance to customize them) in order to still be able to play in the same lobbies 🙂 The DLCs include stuff like new career championships, customization and so on.

• Agree 1