Sign in to follow this  

Super deluxe edition ? -_-

OK, wow. there clearly is some confusion here about what the different options are that contain Seasons 3 and 4. this is the 3rd time I have to clarify this. all you gotta do is read the blog carefully. source: http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/08/seasons-3-4-of-dirt-rally-2-0-are-on-the-way/

so from cheapest to most expensive

• buying tracks and cars individually
  • Seasons 3 & 4 Deluxe Content Pack: exactly what it sounds like. same as Deluxe Edition for seasons 1-2. gets all the tracks, liveries & cars and the D+ events.
  • Year Pass: basically both Deluxe packs together, so seasons 1-4. this is for people who have the base game but no DLC yet. not sure if it includes the bonus liveries and D+ events, but it's probably safe to assume it does.
  • Super Deluxe Edition. this is the Year Pass and the base game

so I'd say the only thing that's missing is an option to just get Season 3 or 4 individually, since one leans so heavily towards rally content and the other is 100% RX. that's the only mistake I see them making here.

3 hours ago, chrisjaf said:

no you misunderstand,if you only had 5 of the tracks for the start of the 2019 season and the rest were dlc ????,like we have in rx no way of doing a full 2019 season in an official game come on it's a **** storm and the people that run rx championship should be taking licence back from codies as we cant play full season on their game even though its the official game of the championship.or codies see the error of their ways and wise up to this glaring mistake on their behalf.official game should have the option of playing full season from day one not have to wait for half baked dlc at an extra cost.

lol I can't believe people are still complaining about this. there's an F1 game released every year with almost exactly the same track list and tiny adjustments to returning tracks.

the Dirt series releases a game every two years at most, and has had to make all but 5 RX locations from scratch on top of having 6 all-new rally locations in the base game plus 6 heavily reworked stages from DR1. that's way, way more money- and time-consuming than any F1 game.

for people who are claiming the locations are the same as in D4 - some of the assets are the same (signs, barriers and stuff) - but the actual roads are different. same goes for the transition from DR1 to D4.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, chrisjaf said:

no you misunderstand,if you only had 5 of the tracks for the start of the 2019 season and the rest were dlc ????,like we have in rx no way of doing a full 2019 season in an official game come on it's a **** storm and the people that run rx championship should be taking licence back from codies as we cant play full season on their game even though its the official game of the championship.or codies see the error of their ways and wise up to this glaring mistake on their behalf.official game should have the option of playing full season from day one not have to wait for half baked dlc at an extra cost.

I have to admit, I forgot about RX (since I'm not interested in this discipline). Then yes, one might have been expecting DR2 covering complete RX season.

But TBH, IMO RX is still like random addition to the main game. It was this way in DR1, then in PC2. Its appearance in DR2 is surprisingly strong. So, if once DRx will be advertised as official RX season game, then I agree it should contain all locations for particular racing season.

I have a feeling, that CM was releasing DR2 with a kind of lack of confidence about its success. VR and additional content was planed only in case of incoming success  (which was questionable after D4 fail)

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, ianism said:

OK, wow. there clearly is some confusion here about what the different options are that contain Seasons 3 and 4. this is the 3rd time I have to clarify this. all you gotta do is read the blog carefully. source: http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/08/seasons-3-4-of-dirt-rally-2-0-are-on-the-way/

There's no confusion at all. The only puzzlers are (a) why it was ever conceived in the first place and (b) how they could possibly price it in a way that represents the true value of the game without upsetting someone or other. It just feels like, whatever the outcome, Codemasters have created a bit of a lose lose scenario because if they price it higher than the DX edition then due to (very) frequent price drops on consoles and the fact the game is incredibly cheap as a physical copy it's going to cost far less to buy things individually (DX edition + S3 and S4 bundle could be bought for as little as £60) than it is to splash out on the SDX edition.

On the other hand, if the SDX retails at the same price or less than the DX edition then these forums will be awash with people with the usual "scummy practices", "userbase loyalty" (etc etc) because one selection of "fans" will be getting the new seasons for free and the other section won't.

Look, Codemasters' relationship with some (not all) of it's community seems to be flimsy at best and yes, I am fully aware they are under no moral obligation to appease any party but now that they've finally gained a little respect and momentum with DR1 and DR2 and hardcore userbase why on earth give any reason whatsoever to rock the apple cart with an edition of a game that on paper seems to have no practical purpose? The more I think about it the more i'm convinced that s3 and s4 haven't been released for the benefit of the community, they've been released in a desparate attempt to try and make a top end priced product as appealing as possible prior to the release of WRC 8. Almost like they've looked at Bigben's deluxe edition and thought "hey, pound for pound we can beat that" whilst completely overlooking a £45 base edition that they haven't a prayer in competing with. Unless of course....... Hmm, surely not.

But money comes before it's community so for that reason I wish Codemasters all the very best in their bold but extremely peculiar business practiuces. 

3 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

There's no confusion at all. The only puzzlers are (a) why it was ever conceived in the first place and (b) how they could possibly price it in a way that represents the true value of the game without upsetting someone or other. It just feels like, whatever the outcome, Codemasters have created a bit of a lose lose scenario because if they price it higher than the DX edition then due to (very) frequent price drops on consoles and the fact the game is incredibly cheap as a physical copy it's going to cost far less to buy things individually (DX edition + S3 and S4 bundle could be bought for as little as £60) than it is to splash out on the SDX edition.

On the other hand, if the SDX retails at the same price or less than the DX edition then these forums will be awash with people with the usual "scummy practices", "userbase loyalty" (etc etc) because one selection of "fans" will be getting the new seasons for free and the other section won't.

Look, Codemasters' relationship with some (not all) of it's community seems to be flimsy at best and yes, I am fully aware they are under no moral obligation to appease any party but now that they've finally gained a little respect and momentum with DR1 and DR2 and hardcore userbase why on earth give any reason whatsoever to rock the apple cart with an edition of a game that on paper seems to have no practical purpose? The more I think about it the more i'm convinced that s3 and s4 haven't been released for the benefit of the community, they've been released in a desparate attempt to try and make a top end priced product as appealing as possible prior to the release of WRC 8. Almost like they've looked at Bigben's deluxe edition and thought "hey, pound for pound we can beat that" whilst completely overlooking a £45 base edition that they haven't a prayer in competing with. Unless of course....... Hmm, surely not.

But money comes before it's community so for that reason I wish Codemasters all the very best in their bold but extremely peculiar business practiuces. 

it's going to be a little bit cheaper than the price of getting the base game + DE seasons 1/2 + DE seasons 3/4. if there is a sale, it will probably go on sale too, along with everything else. right now the deluxe edition plus the base game is 92$ canadian. the SDE would be like 110-120$. if it's on sale, it's half that.

but if it doesn't go on sale with everything else, then sure it's cheaper to buy stuff individually.... and my response to that is, who cares? codemasters are giving buyers different options so they can pick what they want most and/or what is most efficient for them price-wise. if they buy everything individually, then fine. if they buy it all in one big bundle, then fine. this is capitalism. it doesn't matter how something is being consumed. it just matters that it is being consumed.

as for planning stuff around WRC 8... it's possible, but frankly season 2 was always going to end in mid-august, so it was always going to be necessary to announce seasons 3 and 4 now, and with the announcement of what are very likely the final DLC packages for the game, it makes sense to put out a release that gets you everything for the game in one tidy package in case people haven't picked it up yet, as well as the Year Pass for people who maybe got the game on release but didn't play much but might be looking to come back to it. this is like pretty normal, it makes sense and I don't understand why you're making a big deal out of it, especially considering that you very likely have the game already so the SDE isn't for you anyways.

What about the upcoming weeklies/monthlies? I noticed there´s at least the regular ones, bonus ones for those with bought DLC´s and D+ for the ones with deluxe version. I was thinking about maybe getting only season 3 and skipping season 4 since I don´t drive rallycross, but will it leave me without a chance to participate in the D+ weeklies/monthlies?

3 hours ago, WalluWaan said:

What about the upcoming weeklies/monthlies? I noticed there´s at least the regular ones, bonus ones for those with bought DLC´s and D+ for the ones with deluxe version. I was thinking about maybe getting only season 3 and skipping season 4 since I don´t drive rallycross, but will it leave me without a chance to participate in the D+ weeklies/monthlies?

as far as we know, there's no way of getting all the season 3 stuff in a bundle that does not include season 4. 

so it looks like you'd have to buy all the season 3 stuff individually as it comes out, and yeah exactly it means you almost definitely can't do D+ stuff. this kind of sucks. they should've realised a lot of us weren't interested in any of the season 4 content.

the upside to getting the season 3+4 deluxe pack is that you're paying less per item (plus the D+ access, the special liveries, etc). say you want only the rally content: 2 locations plus 6 cars. that's around 22-25$ depending if it's on Steam or PS/Xbox store (Canadian $, sorry). the pack for everything should be around 30$, so it's not a huge difference in price.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do myself. I like RX and will for sure get the 3 RX tracks, but there's only 2 2019 RX cars in season 4 that don't have their 2018 versions already in the game, and 1 of them was in Dirt 4.

6 hours ago, ianism said:

as far as we know, there's no way of getting all the season 3 stuff in a bundle that does not include season 4.

Hope they could change it so you could buy only other.
However when deluxe came out you had buy also two seasons and there wasn´t any info what season 2 include, at least now you know what you pay.
Before Finland come out, there will be -50% discounts on every platform, so maby it´s better just wait.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, ianism said:

so it looks like you'd have to buy all the season 3 stuff individually as it comes out, and yeah exactly it means you almost definitely can't do D+ stuff. this kind of sucks. they should've realised a lot of us weren't interested in any of the season 4 content.

the upside to getting the season 3+4 deluxe pack is that you're paying less per item (plus the D+ access, the special liveries, etc). say you want only the rally content: 2 locations plus 6 cars. that's around 22-25$ depending if it's on Steam or PS/Xbox store (Canadian $, sorry). the pack for everything should be around 30$, so it's not a huge difference in price.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do myself. I like RX and will for sure get the 3 RX tracks, but there's only 2 2019 RX cars in season 4 that don't have their 2018 versions already in the game, and 1 of them was in Dirt 4.

Ok, thanks! Maybe I will just buy the whole package then. Don´t really mind paying for little bit extra. I love this game and it has kept me out of the pub for couple of times so I kind of owe money to it.

• Haha 1