Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally - Force Feedback

FFB EFFECT ARE NOW PERFECT. thankyou codemasters. awesome work. really really good.

https://youtu.be/yWJGKjNu__U
yes, it is awesome now compared to prior to the ffb update... thanks for listening!.

I think i was a bit harsh before. on a previous post. but when i played this game for first time. i was let down. i felt yet another game they havnt cared about ffb settings with, and when you spend so much money you expect a little something in return. am really  happy with the new settings really great work from codemasters and all who helped. i still dont understand how they managed to get dirt 2 so right. and then dirt 3 wasnt as good and this at first was really bad. i thought how could they have done so well with dirt 2 ffb. its not like they could have fluked it. it was perfection. dirt 2 was very good. so what happened. did someone else do the force feedback settings in dirt 2. and if something s so good. why change it. dirt 3 didnt feel as good and if i had made dirt 3 i would have not changed the ffb settings at all. if something is right. why change it and make it worse. i dont understand what happened there. maybe somebody can enlighten me there. did the guy who did ffb lose his job. ? hire him again. :) 
also people have had a go at me for my previous comments on another post, saying i should have took notice of what was in the post.  its not like i go and read the whole forum. i have better things to do. like play games. not a big fan of reading. but ive seen it in plenty of forums before where you give information and you just get ignored.  Take the crew for instance. i know its not made by codemasters actually shame it wasnt made by them. but my point is i gave them feedback on force feedback settings in the alpha. they made promises to fix everything in the beta before the game was released. then the game was released and the force feedback issues had not been fixed. everytime we talked to them at ubisoft we was told they was working on it.. we was told the same thing in the alpha and the beta. and we was made promises by them it would all be working on release. then i go out and buy it and its still broken. and do you know what they said when we all asked them about it. they said yet again. oh we are working on it. so. forgive me not for listening in past. so many game developers ignore gamers. and fob them off with we are working on it.line. the crew is still the same and has not been fixed. even now after all this time. and it really spoils the game. the game could be so much more than what it is right now. and when i see a great game like this one. i just want the best for it. and for everyone else. am really happy that they fixed the force feedback it is really worth it. and the game feels awesome now.  its brilliant.Thankyou codemasters for listening to the gamers. you rock. dirt rally rocks. 

I installed Dirt 2 and copied the forcefeedback\effectsetup from it and paste it on Dirt Rally forcefeedback folder. There was definitely an improvement and much better handling and I am using only a gamepad. It will not affect the game itself and I did not experience any PC crashes or hanging. You can feel now the weight of the wheel when you are driving. Just make a backup of your file in case you decide to put back the original files.

alabusmed....

very clever thinking my friend. :) i am really happy with dirt rally now. but i may try that little trick with dirt 3. and use dirt 2 file with that. i didnt think you could do that. can you tell me where to look and what to change and where pls. what where when and how. thx.  yes dirt 2 was very very good. i wonder who worked on dirt 2s force feedback. they should definitely employ him or her again.

homerlvsbeer,

Just do the same procedure and just look for the forcefeedback folder of your Dirt 3 game and replaced the files. Although I haven't tried it, I'm sure it will work. I am installing now my Dirt 3 game and would definitely try it.

MrPix said:

@DannNimmDenName - you have summed up what I wanted to say, just no steering FFB at all. not even a centering spring effect with the CSWv2... @ EthanDean57... what wheel do you have my man?

hi my friend. i have the thrustmaster T300RS.  i tell you what now they have fixed it it is superb. once you get the settings how you like them. its brilliant. am well happy with it now.

Hello All, I just purchased the game and I am also experiencing the no FFB problem with my T300RS.   So, I watched some videos and I have a problem.  When I go into CONTROLS...VIBRATION&FEEDBACK...I do not see VIBRATION STRENGHT...WHEEL STRENGHT...WHEEL WEIGHT...as options.   I only see the Advanced Wheel Settings like deadzones and Saturations.   Any help would be appreciated...cheers!

raeang said:
Hello All, I just purchased the game and I am also experiencing the no FFB problem with my T300RS.   So, I watched some videos and I have a problem.  When I go into CONTROLS...VIBRATION&FEEDBACK...I do not see VIBRATION STRENGHT...WHEEL STRENGHT...WHEEL WEIGHT...as options.   I only see the Advanced Wheel Settings like deadzones and Saturations.   Any help would be appreciated...cheers!
Have a look into "Vibration & feedback" submenu just below "advanced wheel settings"

MrPix said:
FFB EFFECT ARE NOW PERFECT. thankyou codemasters. awesome work. really really good.

https://youtu.be/yWJGKjNu__U
yes, it is awesome now compared to prior to the ffb update... thanks for listening!.
Am i the only one that is still having issues with the FFB?

I have a Clubsport Wheel V1 and i'm not feeling any counter steer in the wheel at all - i have to force the wheel in corners. The only way to make it playable is to turn on the Spring setting on the wheel itself - but this feels unnatural - it does help the wheel return but it's nothing compared to the FFB in Dirt 3 - which works perfectly well.

i have all of the FFB setting up to 150% (apart from the self aligning torq) - and it barely feels like it is on at all - i also have the wheel set to 150% on the force scaling - so i'm positive something is up!

The self aligning torq feels totally weird - putting it up to 100 feels odd and reducing it to about 30 effectively removes any FFB at all - what am i missing here?

bobpies said:

i have all of the FFB setting up to 150% (apart from the self aligning torq) 

the self aligning torque is the one that gives the counter steer effect

Didzis said:
bobpies said:

i have all of the FFB setting up to 150% (apart from the self aligning torq) 

the self aligning torque is the one that gives the counter steer effect
yes, but like i said - turning it above 30 / 40% feels just - plain weird. 
it's like there is no torq in the middle steering zone - then when it catches - its too much - and feels like you are steering a boat.
It certainly feels nothing like dirt 2 / 3  / assetto / pcar or iracing.

just to be further clear on this - 
i turned all FFB off and left the self aligning torq on.

Now i can feel its effects round a camber - especially a dipped one.
However round hairpins and normal corners there is very little happening - i have nothing to fight against and there is little to no correction of the wheel coming out of the corner - i have to do a lot of  'pointing' with the wheel. - in directions i would expect there to be resistance / and feel i should be able to release my grip on the wheel and expect it to feed through my hands - but it does nothing.

With all of the other effects up to 100% - again negligible. 

Is my CFG file bust maybe? i can't be the only one surely.

I Seem to be having the exact same problem now with the new RX update.  There is completely no feeling in the wheel.  I have Fanatec Porsche GT3 V2 steering wheel and elite pedals and I can't even play the game now with this update.  something has changed and I hate it.

Hi i have a problem with my CSR Elite Wheel ,the force feedback is inverted, a solution?
Did you get/find anything?

I also have CSR Elite and FFB feels inverted or at least some forces definitely are inverted.