Your favourite Formula 1 game

Posted (edited)

So a small squeal to my first topic, your First Formula 1 game. So what is your favourite Formula game you have played. Again can be any one, on any console. Curious to see what games people liked most and what features those games had that people loved about them.

So will start first. Mine has to be as EA Formula One game. A good game they did and also the last one they did on PC. 4 seasons with each year having the tracks, cars and drivers of that season. 

Image result for formula 1 challenge 99-02 

Edited by NamuGriff
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I would go for F1 Challenge '99-'02 too. What a great game! Even with the mods i played it for years.

But my all time favorite would be GrandPrix 2. Oh boy, days and days of playing. I get such a nostalgic feeling about that game, awesome! And ofcourse we are on a Codemasters Forum. I wouldn't be here if i didn't like the game. For sure i like F1 2019 despite all the critics around here 😉

220px-Grand_Prix_2_Coverart.png

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, NamuGriff said:

So a small squeal to my first topic, your First Formula 1 game. So what is your favourite Formula game you have played. Again can be any one, on any console. Curious to see what games people liked most and what features those games had that people loved about them.

So will start first. Mine has to be as EA Formula One game. A good game they did and also the last one they did on PC. 4 seasons with each year having the tracks, cars and drivers of that season. 

Image result for formula 1 challenge 99-02 

+1 on this!

• Agree 1

Not sure what my fave one is but it's probably the Codemasters ones really I enjoyed 2010 and 2012 a lot and still do but also I enjoy playing 2017-19 so the most recent 3 in terms of the newer ones as I really enjoy the more RPG elements they've added to the game my first F1 game was probably the Nigel Mansell game on the Amstrad CPC 464 or at least from what I remember.

• Like 1

This is a personal list of my all time favorite F1 Games:

1. Grand Prix 4 on PC, still the best F1 game to date.

2. F1 97 on PS1, had some very unique features.

3. F1 Challenge 99-02 on PC, was great to do the career there. 

4. F1CE on PS3, very close to F1 Challenge 99-02.

5. F1 2019, despite its many flaws it is a nice game, if Codemasters fixed all the known issues and bothered to balance the game for once, this might have ranked up second behind GP4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

1. Grand Prix 4

2. F1 2010

3. F1 2019

4. Grand Prix 2

5. F1 Challenge 99-02

5 would be higher if it weren't for its extremely bad circuit accuracy.

F1 2006 looks amazing but I've never had a console, so never played it

I still have Grand Prix 4 installed on my PC.

Edited by Ho3n3r
  • Like 1

Grand prix 2, such a great game and WAY ahead of it's time.

• Agree 2

F1 2018... where I could play ranked with my friends...

On 8/15/2019 at 4:35 PM, 1henryw said:

Grand prix 2, such a great game and WAY ahead of it's time.

Not as far ahead as the first version.

• Agree 1

1) Grand Prix 4 (released in 2002)

2) F1 Challenge 99-02 (released in 2003)

F1 2019 is a really fun, enjoyable, an interesting game - but without the integration of setups and telemetry the above two had - it can't match up to those as an F1 game. 

• Like 1

I really loved the Geoff crammond games beggining with the first one he made, which looks very ancient now, but was a revelation when it was first released. GP 4 was incredible too; a massive leap forward at the time in every aspect.

however, I think F1 2019 actually surpassed them all. I mean taken as a whole package, ie visuals, sound, physics, ffb, details such as flags, safety cars, strategy, content etc, there really isn't anything that comes close, is there there?