MFD only showing Brake Bias and Differential setup menu

New to CodeMasters and F1 2019 game, so apologies for the beginner question.  I own both the PS4 and PC versions of F1 2019, and on both platforms I'm baffled how I enable the full HUD / telemetry information.  When I turn on the MFD menu, it only shows the Brake Bias and Differential setup menu.  I don't know what other keys I need to map to show the speed, gear change, and rev meter.

Cheers,

Sammy.

MFD.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi @sammyvee

The rev meter and gear number are never enabled for display when in cockpit cam, probably because the modern cars have all the info on the steering wheel. This can be a little bit difficult with some classic cars though.

If you really want the display I recommend downloading a dashboard app, so you can enable telemetry and display a dash on your phone or tablet, with customisable information like this one: 

Screenshot_20190719-215734_SIM Dashboard.jpg

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

In cockpit view, they should show on the steering wheel...

EDIT: Sorry, what @Worntoathread said.

Edited by Ho3n3r

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Worntoathread said:

Hi @sammyvee

The rev meter and gear number are never enabled for display when in cockpit cam, probably because the modern cars have all the info on the steering wheel. This can be a little bit difficult with some classic cars though.

If you really want the display I recommend downloading a dashboard app, so you can enable telemetry and display a dash on your phone or tablet, with customisable information like this one: 

Screenshot_20190719-215734_SIM Dashboard.jpg

I agree, at the moment we can only use third party apps to get our fix, thankfully there are many available, especially on PC.

(RANT)

This detailed dashboard should have been in the game ages ago, right in the steering wheel, so that cockpit users could have the ability to experience immersion to the fullest.

Almost all other big and or popular sims do offer such a inbuild, detailed and customizable steering wheel dashboard inside the game, only Codemasters is once again lightyears behind their competition.

Without the exclusive official F1 licence the F1 game franchise by Codemasters would probably not even sell half of what it currently does.

Why?

Because CM's F1 game is simply underwhelming in contrast to what theoretically could be achieved with todays technology.

If the official licence wasn't such a big deal, Project Cars, even with its many other flaws, would probably be the contender for the title of the ultimate racing game that caters to all tastes as it has almost all the popular cars in it as well as a multithreaded career mode that has no boundaries, also simulators would be more popular as well.

But it's all about the exclusivity of the official licence and Codemasters know that, hence why they got us in a drought where we do not have any other choice to get some official F1 gaming content and they can keep on going with minimal effort.

This whole scenario is particularly sad as Codemasters do have the talent to make a masterpiece, but they simply don't.

In this regard it is quite baffling why they have not done it yet, guess it breaks the easy hype and cashgrab copy & paste ritual...

#MakeF1GamesGreatAgain 

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, format, new points of idea
  • Agree 1

Codemasters AI is light years ahead of Project cars, sadly their attention to detail and creativity is a long way behind

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, sammyvee said:

New to CodeMasters and F1 2019 game, so apologies for the beginner question.  I own both the PS4 and PC versions of F1 2019, and on both platforms I'm baffled how I enable the full HUD / telemetry information.  When I turn on the MFD menu, it only shows the Brake Bias and Differential setup menu.  I don't know what other keys I need to map to show the speed, gear change, and rev meter.

Cheers,

Sammy.

MFD.png

Try a game mode other than TT?

• Agree 1

Thanks for the response Worntoathread, I will start using my dash app again if that's the case, already use SimHUB for my other sims so no big deal.

I'm really enjoying F1 2019 by the way, took a while to get use to navigating around the menus with no mouse, but all good now.

• Like 1