Jump to content
  • 0

[PC] [Resolved] Weird multicolour light effects on Monaco

Question

Posted (edited)

Hello,

Since the launch of the game, i have noticed a strange light effects at Monaco. It's starting at the end of sector 2 up to the start line.

As shown in the uploaded images, it seems that there are some multicolor spotlight on the track. The colorfull light reflects on the crowld but also on the car. It's not really pleasant to play on those conditions.

This bug is present on Monaco during day and night, carreer mode and multiplayer mode.

I'm playing on PC with the version 1.08 of the game (but already noticed this bug in previous versions).

I attached my hardware settings and dx diag files.

I don't know if i'm the only one in this case as i didn't see any related topics.

Regards,

X

 

ColorEffect1.png

ColorEffect2.png

DxDiag.txt

hardwaresettings.rar

Edited by xanxus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
1 hour ago, xanxus said:

Hello,

Since the launch of the game, i have noticed a strange light effects at Monaco. It's starting at the end of sector 2 up to the start line.

As shown in the uploaded images, it seems that there are some multicolor spotlight on the track. The colorfull light reflects on the crowld but also on the car. It's not really pleasant to play on those conditions.

This bug is present on Monaco during day and night, carreer mode and multiplayer mode.

I'm playing on PC with the version 1.08 of the game (but already noticed this bug in previous versions).

I attached my hardware settings and dx diag files.

I don't know if i'm the only one in this case as i didn't see any related topics.

Regards,

X

 

ColorEffect1.png

ColorEffect2.png

DxDiag.txt

hardwaresettings.rar

Update your BIOS there's loads of compatibility fixes.

http://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7A12v1A.zip

Do you or have you ever had McAfee security? You're getting odd Windows Defender crashes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I've updated the BIOS but it doesn't change anything 😕

For your McAffe question. I never had any McAfee software but I have Spybot Search & Destroy, which if I remember well is running on a McAfee core for some of its components. That could explain what you saw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, xanxus said:

I've updated the BIOS but it doesn't change anything 😕

For your McAffe question. I never had any McAfee software but I have Spybot Search & Destroy, which if I remember well is running on a McAfee core for some of its components. That could explain what you saw.

Thanks for the feedback. Just at Monaco?

Gonna suggest "hardware 101" fixes.

Unplug / replug HDMI cable. Try a different HDMI port on the card (newer ones seem to be concentrating on DP) so YMMV. Try another HDMI (2.0) Cable.

Try DX11/DX12. Try both 60Hz and 59Hz in-game.

Contact AOC. OTOH, this is a 2009 monitor.

Good luck!

Edit: Can I suggest Malwarebytes Anti-Malware instead of Spybot? There is a paid version, but just running the free version is probably what I'd recommend (or turn off the active protection or set exclusions when gaming). The biggest security threat on your PC is Steam, BTW! 🙂

Edited by steviejay69
Malwarebytes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hello, sorry for the late reply, didn't get the notification on a new post 🙂

So I just tried all circuits with lamps (Monaco, Singapore, Barhein, Abu Dhabi). Only the end of sector 2 to the finish  line of Monaco has this lights behavior. All the other ones are running fine.

I tried with DX 11 and DX12 but no effect. Still the same. Also for the frame rate. I usually playing on a 144Hz frame rate but even at 60Hz, the issue is still present. For the video connector, I'm already on a DP connection. By the way I'm not using the AOC monitor to play with (as it's a quite old monitor 😄 ) but I'm on a recent iiyama. The AOC is maybe still selected as main screen in hardware config but in fact it is only there as second monitor.

About the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, I'm already running with both (S&D and Malwarebytes) since a long time ago 🙂

 

Edited by xanxus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 hours ago, xanxus said:

Hello, sorry for the late reply, didn't get the notification on a new post 🙂

So I just tried all circuits with lamps (Monaco, Singapore, Barhein, Abu Dhabi). Only the end of sector 2 to the finish  line of Monaco has this lights behavior. All the other ones are running fine.

I tried with DX 11 and DX12 but no effect. Still the same. Also for the frame rate. I usually playing on a 144Hz frame rate but even at 60Hz, the issue is still present. For the video connector, I'm already on a DP connection. By the way I'm not using the AOC monitor to play with (as it's a quite old monitor 😄 ) but I'm on a recent iiyama. The AOC is maybe still selected as main screen in hardware config but in fact it is only there as second monitor.

About the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, I'm already running with both (S&D and Malwarebytes) since a long time ago 🙂

 

Thanks.

Your issue may be that two screens are connected (or that the AOC is the primary display). Try just the Iiyama.

There is no need for Spybot if you have MBAM and Defender. It long ago became junk.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I tried on both screens (only one connected at each times) but no improvments 😕 I also installed the new driver that Nvidia released today but it's the same result.

Even with different video and advanced video settings, there is no effect.

 

BUT, I've came with the idea to perform a game files integrity check. The result was that 3 files were not possible to verify and they have been redownloaded. And that was the thing ! It's working now, no more weird lights effect on Monaco ! ☺️

 

Thanks Steviejay for the support and your time 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×