DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Known Issues - UPDATED 05/05/2015

teoxx88 said:
teoxx88 said:
I have encountered these errors: 
The Steam Servers are too busy to handle your request for Dirt Rally (Error Code 53)

t
please .. i've used only one time.......

I got this yesterday (and most other Steam games when a patch is updated) my solution is to turn off McAfee real time scanning, and then they work.

You may not have McAfee but it could be similar with other virus scanning programs with real time scanning?.

I have seen certain graphic bugs related to mirrors and cockpit animations.
Certainly the Audi Quattro shows a big square obstruction in place of the drivers arms in cockpit view and I have to dial down the cockpit detail to "lowest" to remove all cockpit animations to drive the Audi Quattro.
I had with some cars mirrors with "frozen" mirror graphics (like a fixed texture) and with some no mirror details (as if mirror set to "off" while the center rear view mirror was transparent and appeared as just a black frame without mirror image inside.

I have many issues with my triple screen setup where in the menu animations either on the left or right outmost side the animated image is clipped in a curved shape.
I also have in certain cameras (especially during replay cams) a clipping of objects in both side screens (especially when in replay in car or car mounted cameras are showing content close up).

I have a performance glitch to report.
The framerate when doing the performance test is pretty sold with the external view and of course with the bumper cam.
Once the camera switches to "dash cam" (just behind the windscreen) the FPS are cut to half.
When the camera switches to the proper first person cockpit view the FPS will further fall.

This is even when setting graphics on lowest shader mode (shader has the largest impact on performance here) and using fairly low graphics settings.

I am using:
New MacPro 6core (2x AMD D500 FirePro, seen as 2x AMD 7800 cards)
Windows 8.1Pro
triple screen (resolution in Dirt Rally 6Kx1080 60Hz)
Fanatec CSWv1
Fanatec CSR Elite pedals
Thrustmaster TH8 shifter (v1)

EVader said:
teoxx88 said:
teoxx88 said:
The Steam Servers are too busy to handle your request for Dirt Rally (Error Code 53)

t
please .. i've used only one time.......

I got this yesterday (and most other Steam games when a patch is updated) my solution is to turn off McAfee real time scanning, and then they work.

You may not have McAfee but it could be similar with other virus scanning programs with real time scanning?.
Did that. nothing changes.

I've some problems with input lag. I turn the wheel and the car some times frezze for a second and turn the wheel another time.

Track frezze a lot of times for a second.

My specs
Graphics medium ( i put medium settings to check if the problem is the graphics load. But the gpu goes to 40%)
I7-gtx770 2gb -8gb ram

babaluk said:
babaluk said:
The Steam Servers are too busy to handle your request for Dirt Rally (Error Code 41)
The Steam Servers are too busy to handle your request for Dirt Rally (Error Code 55)

Sent email to dirtgame at codemasters
I solve error 41 when my OS disk have more than 2GB of free space
Thanks dexterbarbera.  I have 125GB of free space on my OS disk.  Tried again this morning.  Got the error code 41 as usual.
This fix worked for me (after the patch). Had only 1.5GB on my OS ssd- cleared out 15GB and the game has run perfect since. Does not seem to work for everyone, but worth a shot...

Hello. I want to do my disappointment registration with the game because of error 41. I never had a PC game, now I had the PS4 and Xbox one and when I saw the quelançaram dirtrallye rode then a pc gamer.I spent money to build a machine that runs the game at most and now I can not play the Rallye.
Sadly, I hope you have a news when it will be straightened.

Sure it is a problem that the game currently does not start for all players (including myself).

But remember that this is an early access game which means everyone should be aware that there will be bugs during development. You knew before buying that the game is not finished. If you don't like bugs DO NOT buy early access!

I am sure that the developers are doing their best atm. So lets just be patient.

I can't hear co driver over the engine sound, I have engine sound turned down to minimum but I still can't hear pacenotes well, especially in 80s cars and newer.

Very happy with what is a 'alpha'esque release - and tempering my expectation to that.

My Rift doesn't work, but I am having generic issues with the latest runtime, so that isn't a Codies issue; and Oculus are interested in solving that, which is good........

Would like to see ability to change FOV on the fly please (some driving games I play these can be achieved by pressing '[' or ']' to change - would be nice to see that setting in DR).

Playing CMR a lot, the option that was really good was the multiplayer, same pooter option (turn based). Would really like to see that added.

Good effort - and really enjoying it thus far.

Nosh

Just of note, tonight I've had a lot of error 41 and a couple of freezes.

I remembered my system is overclocked, so I set everything to stock to test.

I had also noticed in CCC that triple buffering wasn't enabled.So switched that on as well.

I haven't had any further Error 41's nor freezes since I took these steps.

DeathPunk said:
Anything new with error 41 of steam? 
go here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/5894/help-us-test-a-potential-fix-for-error-41#latest

Apart from the force feedback which is currently broken on my Fantec GT2 there are a few other bugs I noticed. Running on Ultra with an r290 there are some flickering textures using the AMD Omega Drivers. Most noticeable on stages with forests and in the distance mostly. I also noticed in the Monte Carlo stages which have the back to back hairpins there is a section which stutters terribly. This video demonstrates it at the 20:00 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QModsWuBPZk  It's consistently bad, easily reproduced and often leads to a loss of time or mistake, really needs a look at because the frame rate is otherwise solid. I also noticed some walls in Monte Carlo tracks have noticeably delayed sun lighting and shadows appear which is immersion braking, but it could just be a limitation of the older engine used for this game. Still pretty solid all round for an early access title. Has not crashed on me once in 10 hours.

One hour ago I have deleted my Avast Free antivirus then re-installed the game and tried to run it once again. So, it does not help also. Error 41 appears as well. Once again I tried to do some actions described before by other users who have the same problem (like: verifying free space in my HDD-s, verifying cache of the game using game properties in Steam client and so on), but as I expected it does not helps me also.

I additionally have made the topic here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/5917/steam-error-code-41?new=1

Is there the possibility that  game requires only DX11 video card? I mean video card which supports DX11 on hardware level. So maybe that is the reason? I don’t want to be in situation when the game forced me to buy a new video card which leads to rebuild all my system and buy a new CPU and MB for instance! Please check the possibility of that reason! But in the other hand I see, that people with last models of GPU also have problems... so I even don't know what I can assume as a nature of error 41... I really want to enjoy the testing of the game and making feedback, but it is shame that I can't! 

****** UPDATED 05/05/2015 ****** 

Hi all,
I'm going to close this thread off in favor of our new Early Access Bug Tracker which I hope will be a little easier to follow. 

You'll find it here http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6014/dirt-rally-early-access-bug-tracker-last-update-05-05-15#latest

babaluk said:
satrofic said:
Update for you all on the Error 41 - We've made some changes Valve suggested and it's being tested now, there are a number of things that could cause the error 41 though so until we have the patch live we won't know if it is fixed for everyone (but we're hopeful).
I get an error 53 and not 41 when I start the game. The game never loads after I press OK. Is this the same as error 41? Will the new update cover my problem also?
I have been getting both error code 53 and error code 41.  Same result.  Game does not start.  FYI.
Thanks for letting us know,

FYI I've updated the first post 
Thanks Lee.  Its almost time for me to get a new PC and this is probably going to push me over the edge.  Looking forward to all the updates and RallyX!!  And eventually playing this on xbox one.