Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Multiplayer - "Kicked for Cheating" - Steps to Take

Faya

Hi all,

We seem to be getting a number of people reporting being "kicked for cheating". I've merged all the threads together to keep this information in one place and easier to find.

If you have found yourself banned, please take the following steps;

Steam Players

• Please make sure you have no mods running and try verifying your files.
  • If you can, try running the game in the other DX mode, for example, if you are running the game in DX12, try running it in DX11 and vice versa.
  • Remove any additional apps (example UDP apps)
  • Try completely shutting down the game. 

Consoles

• Remove any additional apps (example UDP apps)
  • Please try shutting down the game completely.
  • Try restarting your console

If the steps above do not work, please let us know;

• Was it your first time trying Multiplayer?
  • Which platform you are on
  • Your relevant Steam ID/PSN ID/Gamertag so we can check further. 
  • If you're on Steam, can you let us know what version of Windows you are on

[Edit 2: Added a couple of extra questions]

[Edit: Double checked my terminology and updated]

Message added by Faya

Hi all,

I've merged another thread into this one, so that we can keep all the info together.

Another quick question for you all, could you let me know if you're running the game on DX11 or DX12, please? 

3 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

I've merged another thread into this one, so that we can keep all the info together.

Another quick question for you all, could you let me know if you're running the game on DX11 or DX12, please? 

I am playing in DX 11 Mode. Also added that Info to my last post

13 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

DX11

hi, i play on pc dx 11.
got same problem too, so i try fix it with Verify Integrity Of Game Files. and its done.
i dont get banned again.
yes, i using some MOD before i fix it.

my question is, in the future is it possible to some MOD with out getting banned ?

Note : the MOD is about car damage.

thanks before.

PS: in patch 1.05 i use the same mod, there is no problem with multiplayer and achivemant. The MOD just use in solo.

Edited by Siboel

2 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

DX11 and DX12 have the same issue.

9 minutes ago, WonderTomee said:

DX11 and DX12 have the same issue.

Can't confirm that.

I just tried DX12 mode and it works for me. DX11 i still get the message

Title says everything, I am having problems with crashing on DX12 so I tried opening up the game on DX11 and I cannot join a friends only unranked match, nor can I create my own ("You have been kicked for cheating" and "You have been banned from the game" are the messages that come up.)

Issues only persists when I run the game on DX11, when I go back to DX12 it's all fine.

Nvidia Drivers version is 431.60, no background programs are running other than Windows essential programs, VoiceMeeter Banana and Discord.

I have verified integrity of game files and no errors came up.

No mods are installed.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Hi all,

I've merged a new thread into this one so that we can keep all of these together. Thanks to everyone for the information you've provided so far and for your patience. 

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:32 AM, Faya said:

Hi all,

I've merged a few threads together to keep all the responses in the same place. For those who haven't already done so, please can you do/confirm the following;

• Your Steam name
  • A picture of the error that you’re are getting
  • Are you running any UDP telemetry tools?

To try to fix it while we do some investigating, could you try making sure you have any mods removed and verifying your files and seeing if that helps at all?

Validating F1 2019 downloaded correctly

• Open Steam and go to the Library tab
  • Right click on F1 2019 and select Properties
  • Go to the Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity Of Game Files

i'm getting the error on xbox, I don't know if its the same thing but my xbox live account is PockPowerPincer, I don't know what the UDP telemetry tool is though

20190725_214308.jpg

Hi there, 

Steam Name: GnialSsor

I am having the same issue's as the people above me (game is on PC), where I have been kicked for cheating. 

I have uninstalled and re-installed the game and attempted a verify integrity of game files, on Steam twice, with success to still have this issue occur to me. My last use of the game was spectating a unranked race (21/7/19), where I commentate for a league. Even before that my last session online was 2-3 weeks ago (around the time the Austria event was active) so for it to suddenly appear has surprised me. 

I've tried both DX versions but both show up with the same result. I also do not use UDP telemetry tools.

If you require more information, I am more than happy to help :D

image.png

Have been banned aswell sine the new update.

Played 2 times ranked online with annolder update on the ps4.

Just installed 1.06 and now i have been banned fot cheats on on ps4 pro 😥

• Your Steam name: [Räv]Shelby狐 Sverige
  • Pictures: See below
  • Are you running any UDP telemetry tools? No
  • Use DX11
  • And i DOnt Use Mods and delete Workshop setups, didnt help

• Validating F1 2019 downloaded correctly

• Open Steam and go to the Library tab
    • Right click on F1 2019 and select Properties
    • Go to the Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity Of Game Files 

I do it, but didnt help too

I Reinstalled the Game, but id dont helped, after 2 Online Games, i got again Kicked ...... nice 1.06 Patch

20190727160411_1.jpg

Edited by Shelby182009

Steam name: 74zoism

• Are you running any UDP telemetry tools? No
  • Use DX11
  • Don't use any mods.
  • Can't run multiplayer ranked and unranked... In time trial does not save best times... 😞 i try reinstall steam and game. Doesn't work 😞 Please help
  • When i wanna join i see "ERROR CODE: NM14" and "U are deleted froms session for cheating"
Edited by Brix0n

I can't play F1 2019 PC in Multiplayer Ranking mode, the system says I got kicked out for cheating. Cheat on what? I do not understand. I don't use any means to cheat.
Codemaster check this, please.

I bought the F1 2019 PC via Steam in the pre release. And I still use DirectX 11.

I am using the FXSound Enhancer application on my Windows 10 2019 PC with headset, because I don't have good hearing, and the speaker pair I used is bad and I bought a new pair. So the F1 2019 PC understands that cheating.

I turned off the PC and the same problem continues. No problem with connecting to my 50 Meg Net, and I tested to confirm.

I found that I am being prevented from playing in Multiplayer with Ranking mode and also in other Multiplayer modalides for the same reason mentioned above.

I try to be very careful to avoid crashing into other cars, except when I'm thrown off the track and lose control of the car and end up crashing into other cars involuntarily. I often prefer to hit the sand than hit another car when I lose track during a race. Most of the time in a 5 lap Online race and when I am not ranked in the top two I prefer to be the last to start the race.
I really don't understand why the F1 2019 PC system is stopping me from running in Multiplayer mode, even in a league I created.

Is it just because I'm playing with Directx 11? Dx11 is running a lot better than Dx 12, at least on my PC.

I am very frustrated with all this happening. And I still don't know why, because I'm not really cheating, not even with any application or whatever.

Edited by edsonnery5

@ Faya

Nom Steam: Doc_Seb

Et non je n'utilise pas d'outils de télémétrie UDP ...

J'utilise DX11

J'ai déjà vérifié mes fichiers, j'ai réinstallé le jeu ... J'ai viré le seul MOD que j'avais qui étais GTA RP et rien ... Et c'est arrivé depuis la dernière MAJ

20190727234644_1.jpg

Edited by DocSeb

Hi RSDriver7620 as it is.
I have read several reports on Steam about the case I cited, and now there is one more that is you.
It seems that Codemaster took Directx 11 out of Multiplayer mode without Dx 12 reaching 100% efficiency of Dx 11. And it only has a month of release.
If the problem persists without the Dx 12 achieving gameplay efficiency in sharp turns, many may be afraid to buy F1 2020, including me and my private friends here from Brazil.
Thank you very much for expressing too.

Started having this problem since latest patch, never had before and dont use telemetry.  Using a logitech wheel, AMD card and INtel cpu and chipset.   Going to try do a few test today.  My PC runs with very few process but i will get them bare bones as possible.     Running win 7 so cant run dx12.

Same error as every one else "you  have been kicked for cheating" validated steam files too.

Hi all,

Are there others with the same issue?

I updated F1 2 days ago to 1.06 and multiplayer says i have been banned for cheating?

I played online only 2 races online in ranked dont why this is happening

Have being racing online since F1 2018, i see in the forum that more people have this issue but only on the PC.

But no reaction from codemaster now i got a pointless game of 60 euros lying here and a 1000 euro rig doing nothing.

Hello guys. Same problem here. Some has a solution to fix that ? I played only 4 races on Multiplayer. Best position after a race is about 10, I'm really bad but I'm not a cheater. 

Hi. I have the same problem. Before patch 1.06 i played my placements and practice/qualification for Weekly Event and everything was OK. I do not know if the patch 1.06 is a problem but today when i was trying twice to participate in Weekly Event i was unable to connect. First attempt gave me error message NM14 and second one was with a message: “you have been banned for cheating”. Both popped up during "Joining Session". It's a little bit frustrating cause i was waiting whole week to have a chance to participate and even then i was waiting twice for starting hour...

• Steam name: Hubokrew
  • Sry no pictures but Error NM14 and “you have been banned for cheating”
  • No UDP tools
  • DX11
  • No mods
Edited by Hubokrew