Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Multiplayer - "Kicked for Cheating" - Steps to Take

Faya

Hi all,

We seem to be getting a number of people reporting being "kicked for cheating". I've merged all the threads together to keep this information in one place and easier to find.

If you have found yourself banned, please take the following steps;

Steam Players

• Please make sure you have no mods running and try verifying your files.
  • If you can, try running the game in the other DX mode, for example, if you are running the game in DX12, try running it in DX11 and vice versa.
  • Remove any additional apps (example UDP apps)
  • Try completely shutting down the game. 

Consoles

• Remove any additional apps (example UDP apps)
  • Please try shutting down the game completely.
  • Try restarting your console

If the steps above do not work, please let us know;

• Was it your first time trying Multiplayer?
  • Which platform you are on
  • Your relevant Steam ID/PSN ID/Gamertag so we can check further. 
  • If you're on Steam, can you let us know what version of Windows you are on

[Edit 2: Added a couple of extra questions]

[Edit: Double checked my terminology and updated]

Message added by Faya

On 7/27/2019 at 5:35 PM, Brix0n said:

Steam name: 74zoism

• Are you running any UDP telemetry tools? No
  • Use DX11
  • Don't use any mods.
  • Can't run multiplayer ranked and unranked... In time trial does not save best times... 😞 i try reinstall steam and game. Doesn't work 😞 Please help
  • When i wanna join i see "ERROR CODE: NM14" and "U are deleted froms session for cheating"

I playd after the 1.06 patch without encountering any issue but now I can't play online anymore. Is this for real ? This is seriously annoying and preventing me from participating and coordinating a league race...

• I'm not running any UDP telemetry tools whatsoever
  • I use DX11 (and couldn't even use DX12 as I'm on Windows 7 and will not install Windows 10, ever)
  • I don't use any mods
  • I can't play in either ranked or unranked multiplayer and Time Trial doesn't save my times either. I rebooted my computer and game countless times to no avail. I verified  the integrity of the game files and installed the latest Nvidia drivers, still nothing.
  • When Itry to create an online session, it says "You were banned from the session" and when I try to join one it says "You've been kicked for cheating"

image.thumb.jpeg.f9f96db982ea61c55733d327547d8ab9.jpeg

I've got the same problem. With this new patch my game now crashes when a map is loading in DX12. The game runs fine on DX11 (slightly lower FPS), but when I go to play ranked play on DX11 the game says I've been kicked for cheating. When I try to play ranked with DX12 it allows me to join a lobby just fine but the moment a map starts to load my game crashes like it does in solo play. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Agree 2

Codemasters can u help with this problem... We bought the game and can't play online.......... 😞

Could we please get an update on what the Codemasters F1 2019 team is doing to address this issue of these false positive bans? It is very clear that something that was changed in the 1.06 patch has caused the issue.

Frankly, it's entirely unacceptable for people who paid for the game and have not cheated in any way to be blocked from playing.

Hi all,

I've merged another thread in with this one about the same issue. Thanks for your patience while we continue to investigate.

In the meantime, can you try completely shutting down and rebooting your PC/Console and restarting to see if that helps? Let me know how you get on, thanks.

On 7/28/2019 at 8:48 PM, Hinya said:
  • I use DX11 (and couldn't even use DX12 as I'm on Windows 7 and will not install Windows 10, ever

You will as Steam will withdraw W7 support. You can see that you will have to run something and that problems are not exclusive to W10.

There is only forward.

1 hour ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

I've merged another thread in with this one about the same issue. Thanks for your patience while we continue to investigate.

In the meantime, can you try completely shutting down and rebooting your PC/Console and restarting to see if that helps? Let me know how you get on, thanks.

LOL... We have this problem from patch 1.06... We restarting, reinstalling game and steam and drivers, consistency of game files. Nothing helps.......:(

2 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

It has been Several days since the first post of most of us. I'd say, that most of us shut down ther PC, when they go to sleep/work/etc. I personally do that and I tried MP every day since my original post and it still says, that i am banned under DX11, but i could play under DX12, if it wasn't so unstable on my system.

tl,dr: No, Rebooting does not fix the issue!

Hi there! 

if i want to play online in F1 2019 an error massage is coming in to my face "You have been kicked for cheating!"

But i haven't cheated in the game!

can you please look and make sure that I'm not cheating!

Hi there! 

if i want to play online in F1 2019 an error massage is coming in to my face "You have been kicked for cheating!"

But i haven't cheated in the game!

Can you please look and make sure that I'm not cheating!

On 7/28/2019 at 11:25 PM, Aussey said:

I've got the same problem. With this new patch my game now crashes when a map is loading in DX12. The game runs fine on DX11 (slightly lower FPS), but when I go to play ranked play on DX11 the game says I've been kicked for cheating. When I try to play ranked with DX12 it allows me to join a lobby just fine but the moment a map starts to load my game crashes like it does in solo play. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is my exact problem too but I think it's my graphics card that crashes the game. I'm running it on an RX480 (19.7.4 Drivers) that's why I am using DX11, but with the latest patch there is no multiplayer in DX11 because it says I was kicked for cheating.

32 minutes ago, Isulu98 said:

This is my exact problem too but I think it's my graphics card that crashes the game. I'm running it on an RX480 (19.7.4 Drivers) that's why I am using DX11, but with the latest patch there is no multiplayer in DX11 because it says I was kicked for cheating.

Isulu98, I sent you a reply on the Steam Forum. Go there.
Then I will also post here in the Codemaster Forum.
I'm waiting for a response from Codemaster by email.

23 minutes ago, edsonnery5 said:

Isulu98, I sent you a reply on the Steam Forum. Go there.
Then I will also post here in the Codemaster Forum.
I'm waiting for a response from Codemaster by email.

I fixed my problem in DX12, I had CS Geometry culling on in the advanced graphics settings. No more crashing on menus and I can join a ranked multiplayer game.

I love how the suggestions are always the most brain-dead ones, like all these people haven't tried that. It's clearly on their end, and so far they have no idea what they broke in our 60 dollar product.

I tried to jump onto an unranked open lobby today and I was immediately met with a message that I have been kicked for cheating. This is impossible as I have not touched the game files. I have even gone and verified the installation on Steam and it still won't let me join. Someone please help! 

A lot of people are having this. Prepare yourself for a non-answer from their staff while they ignore it. It's probably intentional on their part for Windows 10 users using DirectX 11, but since their DX12 is hot garbage that is unstable it was a stupid decision. 

Hi all, I've merged a few threads together as they were about the same issue. Thank you for your patience while we continue to investigate.

21 hours ago, McKracken said:

I tried to jump onto an unranked open lobby today and I was immediately met with a message that I have been kicked for cheating. This is impossible as I have not touched the game files. I have even gone and verified the installation on Steam and it still won't let me join. Someone please help! 

Just an update from me. I can join on the directX12 version of the game, but the directX12 version is very unstable for me and crashes often. So please get this working on the directX11 version of the game.

Same issue here, and just like McKracken, it works with dx12 but it is very unstable

Plateform : PC

Steam name : Oxcart

image.thumb.png.e4b40b6b089b141fa59b99290a9a0a87.png

Still banned,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I guess we have to wait till next patch........................ this game is a mess online any way.  F12018 had better net code, I hate the new license stat system.  The one from 2018 where you can compare each others stats online was way more informative and not clumsy like now.   Plus you dont have average finishing position any more  

Aha,

i thought this was related. To PC only,

we had a report that on ps4 that 1 of our league members has just got same thing, f1 2019 multiplayer ,

although to be fair there has been the thought that some are cheating using Cronus max on there pad,

which might account how they can run tyre wear up to 80%  decent laps ,but wheel users can't run decent Laps beyond 45% tyre wear,

since last patch 1.06 something is not working ,and bug shows more with wheel users,

ffb in multiplayer has been muted 30% on the wheel ,but sometimes it's normal again. ,,it not my wheel as its been tested .

Edited by senna94f1