DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Multiplayer - "Kicked for Cheating" - Steps to Take

Faya

Hi all,

We seem to be getting a number of people reporting being "kicked for cheating". I've merged all the threads together to keep this information in one place and easier to find.

If you have found yourself banned, please take the following steps;

Steam Players

• Please make sure you have no mods running and try verifying your files.
  • If you can, try running the game in the other DX mode, for example, if you are running the game in DX12, try running it in DX11 and vice versa.
  • Remove any additional apps (example UDP apps)
  • Try completely shutting down the game. 

Consoles

• Remove any additional apps (example UDP apps)
  • Please try shutting down the game completely.
  • Try restarting your console

If the steps above do not work, please let us know;

• Was it your first time trying Multiplayer?
  • Which platform you are on
  • Your relevant Steam ID/PSN ID/Gamertag so we can check further. 
  • If you're on Steam, can you let us know what version of Windows you are on

[Edit 2: Added a couple of extra questions]

[Edit: Double checked my terminology and updated]

Message added by Faya

On 7/25/2019 at 3:32 PM, Faya said:

Hi all,

I've merged a few threads together to keep all the responses in the same place. For those who haven't already done so, please can you do/confirm the following;

• Your Steam name
  • A picture of the error that you’re are getting
  • Are you running any UDP telemetry tools?

To try to fix it while we do some investigating, could you try making sure you have any mods removed and verifying your files and seeing if that helps at all?

Validating F1 2019 downloaded correctly

• Open Steam and go to the Library tab
  • Right click on F1 2019 and select Properties
  • Go to the Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity Of Game Files

Hi!

Steam Name: Anvilz

Screenshot is attached

No, im not running anything else

Screenshot_41.png

On 8/1/2019 at 9:14 AM, Faya said:

Hi all, I've merged a few threads together as they were about the same issue. Thank you for your patience while we continue to investigate.

I've tried to enter the weekly event race four times so far this weekend and have been met with "Unable to join session - Error Code NM14" and "You have been kicked for cheating".

I have tried both DX11 and DX12, verifying game files and a full reinstall with no change in the result. I am also not able to post times to the global leaderboard in time trial mode or create unranked lobbies/join other multiplayer lobbies. I have not edited any game files and am not using any telemetry software. The only change to my system before this began was the 1.06 patch.

My system specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
EVGA GTX 1070 Founders
HyperX 16gb 3200 RAM
MSI B450 motherboard

Logitech G920 wheel/pedals

When will we finally get a fix for this issue ? Can you please hurry on releasing it ? It's more than annoying at the moment, not being able to enjoy half of the game because the online features are blocked because of an issue you're responsible for

Ok, so i just saw, that the game has an update on PC. i am now running version 1.07 and i am able to join online sessions again in DX11 and DX12 still works. so my issues are fixed. Thanks Codies

• Like 1

Hi all,

Can you let me know if you're still having the issue after the latest update, please? 

hello, unfortunately I have another problem.

my results in the weekly or esports event stay at the points by "0" although everything was completed correctly.

for the first Esports event I could qualify but for the second until now unfortunately without success.

I ask for help

ps: Play on PC -> Steam: AmiGo_87 ; thx

Hi,

I played multiplayer since I bought the game but I did not do anything like cheat or did not use any 3rd party program. I was playing multiplayer one week ago without any problem, then patch 1.08 came out and the game started to say "ERROR - You have been kicked for cheating.". What happened in one week? Can you help me to fix this issue?

Thank you.

Hi @KaanUgur,

Could you let me know what platform you are on and your related PSN ID/Steam name/Gamertag please so that we can take a look? Thanks,

Hi again! Thanks for getting back to us so quickly. Can you try verifying your files to see if that helps? If not, can you also try completely closing down the game and restarting it? 

Validating F1 2019 downloaded correctly

• Open Steam and go to the Library tab
  • Right click on F1 2019 and select Properties
  • Go to the Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity Of Game Files

Verified integrity of game files and then I completely closed down the game and restarted it but still the same error occures. Is there any other way to fix?

Thank you.

Can you try running the game in the DX that you're not currently trying to run it in? So if you're playing in DX11, can you try starting it in DX12 or vice versa? 

Looks like problem solved. I was playing in DX11 so I tried to run it in DX12 and it works.

Thank you for your help.

Somehow I finished it on a map of Austria in 56,948 seconds. I was surprised to finish in 56,948 seconds. Completing in 56,948 seconds is currently in violation of the rules of physics. I even thought I broke the world record for a moment. I didn't really cheat. please help me. I gave this game a lot of money. What should I do to prove I'm not cheating?I didn't do anything to be banned.

Edited by Soap19

@Soap19. Do you have anything to prove that you didn't cheat? Like a video or something?  Can you provide information on the platform, controls that you're using. What mode was you banned from? Giving just a brief statement doesn't help you.    

Hello 4 days ago i bought f1 2019 finally and i played career mod in these days. I wake up and i want to try online session when i tried to join any lobby in online session its says "you have been kicked for cheating"

The problem is i did not cheat.. i only played career mod and i did not cheat there too its interesting btw.. how can i solve this problem ?

Hi @Tavsan698, I've moved this to the Technical Assistance forum so that it's in the right place.

Could you let me know what platform you're playing on please? 

Hello first of all sorry for wrong place. Second Thank you for moving the right place 😄

I'm playing on pc - steam

No worries! 

Could you try the following to see if they help;

• Try the other DX version, if you originally played in DX11, try running the game in DX12 and vice versa
  • Verifying your files
  • Completely shutting down the game and restarting it

Could you also let me know what your Steam ID is, please? Thanks!

Something happened at the start of the race. During the first turn, a message saying "Connecting to Servers" appeared on my computer screen. this message remained on the computer screen for a few seconds. I don't know if this makes me look like a trickster. I play the game on the computer. I'm playing with xbox one controller. and open almost all assists. I played this game for 100 hours please don't take my game away. 

6 hours ago, Tavsan698 said:

Im using windows 8.1 so i cant run the game on dx 12 (only for windows 10) 

im trying to verifying my files now

my steam ID is 76561198207554565 (i think u want this id) and my url https://steamcommunity.com/id/ayberkseller/

Upgrade Windows till it hurts, you can do an in-place upgrade to W10 for free with the upgrade advisor (then clean install without a key). DX12, it's (part of) the future....