Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Multiplayer - "Kicked for Cheating" - Steps to Take

Faya

Hi all,

We seem to be getting a number of people reporting being "kicked for cheating". I've merged all the threads together to keep this information in one place and easier to find.

If you have found yourself banned, please take the following steps;

Steam Players

• Please make sure you have no mods running and try verifying your files.
  • If you can, try running the game in the other DX mode, for example, if you are running the game in DX12, try running it in DX11 and vice versa.
  • Remove any additional apps (example UDP apps)
  • Try completely shutting down the game. 

Consoles

• Please try shutting down the game completely.
  • Try restarting your console

If the steps above do not work, please let us know;

• Was it your first time trying Multiplayer?
  • Which platform you are on
  • Your relevant Steam ID/PSN ID/Gamertag so we can check further. 
  • If you're on Steam, can you let us know what version of Windows you are on

[Edit 2: Added a couple of extra questions]

[Edit: Double checked my terminology and updated]

Message added by Faya

I just got the game a few days ago and decided to try doing some time trials with my keyboard until my controller arrives. I set some times with the F2004 and with the Mercedes on Hockenheim, then decided to try out a ranked online race, but when I tried to join the game, I got kicked with the message "You have been kicked for cheating". This really surprised me because I don't even know how I should be able to cheat in F1, and my lap times were really bad.. I googled it and it seems like this is a known bug, and some people have resolved it with different methods..

I tried out the following:

• Verify game files through Steam

• Make sure no software like Gigabyte Easytune is running

• Restart the game

• Restart Steam

• Reboot the PC

• Installing the newest Nvidia Driver (Dx11)

• Clearing my Steam download cache

My system specifications:

• CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @4.2GHz

• GPU: GeForce GTX 980

• RAM: 16GB 1600MHz DDR3

• Operating System: Windows 8.1 64bit

• Drive: The game is located on an SSD

• Internet connection: 16 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up

Before reinstalling the whole game, I would like to know what else I could try.

PS: I also can't set any lap times in TT anymore, they don't go on the leaderboard..

Hi!

Today i bought F1 2019 and i wanted to play in ranked.

Everytime i want to find a race, i get the message: "You have been kicked for cheating"

I verified the files, i reinstalled 2 times, updated video driver software.

I`m using w7, dx11, no other program runs in background, just Steam.

SteamID: 76561198032192770

What else should i do? Hoping for a quick reply, thanks and have a good day!

just bought the game today, i have the "cheating" problem. i've tried everythig you guys suggested here on the forums i run on win7 and a steam acc. i do not use mods and other stuff, not even using a wheel with a special software. i hope that the problem gets solved.

Bought the game a few days ago. Was working fine online until the 1.08 patch, now getting "You have been kicked for cheating"...

Hi all,

We seem to be getting a number of people reporting being banned. I've merged all the threads together to keep this information in one place and easier to find.

Steam Players

• If you can, try running the game in the other DX mode, for example, if you are running the game in DX12, try running it in DX11 and vice versa.

Consoles

If the steps above do not work, please let us know which platform you are on and your relevant Steam ID/PSN ID/Gamertag so we can check further.  

4 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

We seem to be getting a number of people reporting being banned. I've merged all the threads together to keep this information in one place and easier to find.

Steam Players

Consoles

If the steps above do not work, please let us know which platform you are on and your relevant Steam ID/PSN ID/Gamertag so we can check further.  

Still the same problem, no mods running, verified files and reinstalled for about 5 times, on different drives.
I can only run dx11 because i use win 7.
I don`t have any udp apps.
I've restarted the game for about 100 times.

SteamID and profile: 76561198032192770

Edited by tlcroller

4 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

Steam Players

Consoles

I am on Steam and tried every step you mentioned, but sadly I'm still not able to play online. Below you will find my Steam-ID and profile link:

Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/milkerderilker/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:30090722

Steam ID3: U:1:60181445

Steam32 ID: 60181445

Steam64 ID: 76561198020447173

I was yesterday playing f1 2019 and i wanted to play in ranked multiplayer lobby because i was bit bored of carrer mode and wanted to get better at game. So i went multiplayer and clicked ranked i choosed 5 laps and clicked to search AND it showed an error saying i was kicked for cheating . 

Hi all,

I have merged a new thread into this one as it was about the same issue. I've also updated the title with better terminology and added a couple of extra questions. For anyone that is currently having the issue, if you could let us know the answers to the new questions, that would be helpful. Many thanks!

If the steps above do not work, please let us know;

• Was it your first time trying Multiplayer? - YES
  • Which platform you are on - Windows 7 - Steam
  • Your relevant Steam ID/PSN ID/Gamertag so we can check further.

steamID STEAM_0:0:35963521

steamID3 [U:1:71927042]

steamID64 76561198032192770

customURL not set

profile state public

profile created October 21, 2010

status online

profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198032192770

• If you're on Steam, can you let us know what version of Windows you are on - Windows 7

6 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

I have merged a new thread into this one as it was about the same issue. I've also updated the title with better terminology and added a couple of extra questions. For anyone that is currently having the issue, if you could let us know the answers to the new questions, that would be helpful. Many thanks!

First time multiplayer : No (only 3 or 4 races)

Platform : Steam 

steamID: STEAM_0:1:501418880

steamID3: [U:1:1002837761] 

steamID64: 76561198963103489

customURL: not set

profile state: public

profile created: May 6, 2019

name: Bryb3

profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198963103489

Dear Codemasters.

Writing here after my game crashes constantly with DX 12 and DX 11 not working in multiplayer(i have both issues)

F1 2019 got a 1.08 patch couple of days ago, which was an livery update. On Wednesday evening, when i was running game with DX 11, after joining multiplayer, game gave me an error which is known as a famous "you have been kicked for cheating" issue. I havent EVER USED any assisting or cheating programs in F1 games and dont run any mods. And with DX 12 i couldnt even play the game with it crashing in every 20minutes or so. I have tried everything from verifying game cache to reinstalling the game, i have even turned steam overlay off and done an router restart, but those havent fixed my game. What i want to know here is if you have any more solutions to my problem, because its kinda sad for F1 to have that bug and not letting their players play an official F1 game.

• Was it your first time trying Multiplayer? No, but i have done some online races and league racing
  • Which platform you are on: Steam/PC
  • Your relevant Steam ID/PSN ID/Gamertag so we can check further. https://steamcommunity.com/id/zadeb/
  • If you're on Steam, can you let us know what version of Windows you are on: Windows 10 64-bit

20190814212741_1.jpg

Edited by zAdeb

Same issue here with online playing, I barely played a few races online a few weeks ago and today when I tried to play an unraked game I get the message "you've been kicked out for cheating". This is outraging, I payed for this game and now I can't enjoy it. I demand a solution.

• Was it your first time trying Multiplayer? NO
  • Which platform you are on STEAM
  • Your relevant Steam ID/PSN ID/Gamertag so we can check further.  esp_kaiser
  • If you're on Steam, can you let us know what version of Windows you are on Windows 8

Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/milkerderilker/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:30090722

Steam ID3: U:1:60181445

Steam32 ID: 60181445

Steam64 ID: 76561198020447173

Was it your first time trying Multiplayer? Yes. I've only played Time Trials before.

Which platform you are on? Steam.

If you're on Steam, can you let us know what version of Windows you are on? Windows 8.1 64bit

So, uhh I too have this issue, but I can fix it by switching from DX11 to DX12. But, the game crashes for me when playing DX12, and it does it basically every ten minutes or so.

So everything here I've noted and checked and of course the main issue with not able to join sessions gets fixed with DX12, but it's quite a pain when the game keeps crashing.

• Was it your first time trying Multiplayer? It was not my first time. I've done placements plus some more ranked and couple of league races before.
  • Which platform you are on PC, Steam
  • Your relevant Steam ID/PSN ID/Gamertag so we can check further. Steam Profile
  • If you're on Steam, can you let us know what version of Windows you are on Windows 10 64bit ver. 1903

Running windows 8.1 x64 Dx11

Steam

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198965261439/

no error on verifying data F1 2019 

I was playing a ranked game with controller then I did ALT+F4 then back to the game all of sudden it said I got kicked out cause of cheating in German 

image.png.8657da0da961004bd1c14b3d62bd8a84.png

6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Mate, that's English.

You can correct me. It's kinda technical English I don't know how to say issues on windows. You can't judge my English by a couple of sentences! 

17 hours ago, Weke said:

So, uhh I too have this issue, but I can fix it by switching from DX11 to DX12. But, the game crashes for me when playing DX12, and it does it basically every ten minutes or so.

So everything here I've noted and checked and of course the main issue with not able to join sessions gets fixed with DX12, but it's quite a pain when the game keeps crashing.

• Was it your first time trying Multiplayer? It was not my first time. I've done placements plus some more ranked and couple of league races before.
  • Which platform you are on PC, Steam
  • Your relevant Steam ID/PSN ID/Gamertag so we can check further. Steam Profile
  • If you're on Steam, can you let us know what version of Windows you are on Windows 10 64bit ver. 1903

What do you mean by no mods? I even reinstalled the game it didn't work out for me since I use windows x64 8.1 i have no choice to run the game in DX11

WIndows 8.1 Pro x64 

Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/voann/

just help me out. I use a ps2 controller There was no issue with F1 2018. Uhhh Cancer game seriously 

• Never used modes and verified integrity of game file
  • No additional apps 
  • Restarted game and PC

• Was it your first time trying Multiplayer?  - No. Playesd alot in myltiplayer, today is first time this problem occurred when joining the weekly event race.
  • Which platform you are on - Steam
  • Your relevant Steam ID/PSN ID/Gamertag so we can check further. - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024501986
  • If you're on Steam, can you let us know what version of Windows you are on - Windows 10 Pro - version 1803

20190817170029_1.jpg

3 hours ago, smillmf said:
  • Never used modes and verified integrity of game file
  • No additional apps 
  • Restarted game and PC

• Was it your first time trying Multiplayer?  - No. Playesd alot in myltiplayer, today is first time this problem occurred when joining the weekly event race.
  • Which platform you are on - Steam
  • Your relevant Steam ID/PSN ID/Gamertag so we can check further. - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024501986
  • If you're on Steam, can you let us know what version of Windows you are on - Windows 10 Pro - version 1803

20190817170029_1.jpg

Acquiesce to the upgrade to 1903. 1803 is EOL in 90 days.

A lot of this just sounds like bodged Windows 10 installations. Usually an upgrade or clean install fixes much of what is broken.

Sometimes the updates cause the issues, sometimes Steam does and in what order.

hello i have an issue about f1 2019. When I tried to join an online race it says kicked from cheating. I didnt use any mods or cheats and it appeared after 1.08 patch. Help me please 

Hey! Here is the official thread about this 🙂 

• Disagree 1